What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/21/17 3:02 am, edited 3/21/17 6:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow, I read through everyone's bucket lists yesterday and OH MAN you are all so much more adventurous than I am. Even I weighed 10 lbs, I have no desire to zip line or skydive. Maybe a rollercoaster... but that's still under duress. I'd like to do more international traveling though, so feel free to take me along on all those fun trips!

In other news that I feel like only this crowd can appreciate... Grim and I needed to come up with a "Brangelina" or "Bennifer" type combined name for something, and since we decided that our real names don't mix well together for something like that, we settled on "GrimBerry". Hahaha.

QOTD: I have a lot of friends who are going through really huge life changes right now and I am thinking of them and their next steps. What is the last really big, this-changes-everything, decision you made? For me, it was moving in with Grim. Although, thankfully it has been such an easy transition that I never felt like my world was shaken.

20 months post op / 119lbs today / maintenance diet

B: Fit Frappe Mocha & Venti Iced Coffee with whole milk

S: Deli Chicken & Babybel Cheese

L: 4oz Meatloaf & Marinara Sauce

S: Fage Greek Cherry Yogurt

D: 1/2 Leftover Hamburger with Avocado

Vitamins: Patches (D3, Multi & Iron) Oral (Magnesium, Potassium, Ferrous Iron, additional Multi & Calcium Citrate)

Exercise: 1 mile run outside (which scares the bejesus out of me--I'm only confident on the treadmill!)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

ttfan
on 3/21/17 3:07 am
RNY on 08/15/16

HAHAHAHAHA Grimberry is great!!

I guess going back to work after being retired for about 6 years! I love it though, not so sure my husband likes me gone so much but he will get used to it!

Breakfast
Egg
Corned Beef Brisket
Lunch
Haddock (Baked)
Mock macaroni salad
Dinner
Steak Sirloin Tip
Tossed Salad Small

Totals cal 627 carbs 11 pro 77

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

cc583
on 3/21/17 1:57 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

ttfan, please tell me what mock macaroni salad is? That is one of my favorite foods in this world!!! Although I never mention it any of my posts for trigger food because I no matter what I had always stay away from it!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

ttfan
on 3/22/17 2:06 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I make it just like my regular pasta salad but I steam cauliflower and roughly chop it up and put that in instead of pasta, it actually is pretty good

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Insert Fitness
on 3/21/17 3:39 am

Morning everyone!

Thanks for all the well wishes for my first day! It went well, although the woman who hired me, gave her notice that she's leaving....so, that was interesting. The office is moving across the city this summer and the commute she has is already a big one, so I get it. I'm just not sure what it means for my job description, and my training is definitely accelerated...But I think I'm going to like it there. My position is planning and rolling out professional development training and safety courses for a union.

menu:

B: protein shake

S: egg cup

L: leftover 2.5oz pork tenderloin and veggies

S: 1oz cheese and cucumber with hummus

D: 3oz steak with peppers and mushrooms

i only had one snack yesterday, but I'll keep bringing two just in case.

Going to catch up on yesterday's posts now!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

FozzieBear
on 3/21/17 5:46 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Glad to hear you got off to a good start even with that unexpected twist.

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

Emiepie
on 3/21/17 7:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad your first day went well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

FindingCharlie
on 3/21/17 4:12 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Good Morning JB and everyone!

Love Grimberry....very cute! Guess I have been away awhile...congrats on moving in with Grimm. I know that can be a big step for most people. I always thought you made a very cute couple.

please be warned the following is a little graphic, so if you have a weak stomach please do not read. I apologize for the long post.

• QOTD: My most recent life changing event was my RNY surgery because it has made such a huge impact on my health and my energy level. My 2nd life changing event was on October 1, 2004 when my husband was admitted to the local hospital for a seven hour emergency surgery and then was transported by medical plane to Burlington, VT (3hours drive away) as a last chance effort to save his life. He had septic poisoning from a burst instestine near his ostomy. I was told it was very risky flight that he would probably not survive. I had to risk it because he would not make it otherwise. After 3 weeks in ICU and 12 surgeries later, he made it out of ICU and spent 2 more weeks in a regular room. I lived in the ICU for that 3 weeks and only went home every 3-4 days to check on our furbabies, whom were being taken care of by family members. I brought him home in November with a wound vac on his stomache because it could not be stitched closed and had to had a cadaver skin stitch in place. After in home nursing help for 2 months, they removed the wound vac on January 20, 2005. That day when I brought him home, he went up to bed while I checked the fire...coughed once and his whole stomache burst open and he had a fistula ( hole in his intestine and turned inside out). I called 911 and he was medically transported back to Burlington and was hospitalized for another 5 weeks. Only 33% of people survive this type of injury. I brought him back home the beginning of March with a makeshift ostomy pack over his stomach that had to be change every 2 days. I was showed how to care for him and took care of his large open wound on my own because home are nurses don't have the skills for this type of wound (it a very rare injury). Finally May of 2015 his wound healed enough they could surgically close his stomach and repair his ileostomy. My husband is truly a walking miracle and I thank God everyday to still have him in my life. Prior to that I would have to say it was in 2002 when I moved to the Adirondacks and moved in with my now husband Hal. I had originally lived downstate in New York State. We married in 2006.

Menu to to be determined...high protein though. Down another 2 pounds this morning! Talk about a jumpstart!

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

Kakesie
on 3/21/17 4:52 am
RNY on 02/19/16

WOW, FindingCharlie! So sorry for all you and your husband have been through, but I'm thankful he's still around and in your life. He is truly a walking miracle and you are amazing!

karenp8
on 3/21/17 5:23 am - Brighton, IL

Wow! You have been through far more than one person should have to handle. God obviously has plans for your hubby or he wouldn't still be there. Thanks for the early morning reminder that every day is to be cherished and lived like it may be our last. You and your hubby are in my prayers.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views