tell me about kidney stone symptoms

CathyV
on 5/25/17 4:23 pm

So, I'm pretty sure this is a kidney stone. But my first kidney stone was like a year and a half ago, and I didn't have any idea what it was until I was in the ER with pain. It's not anywhere that severe this time, and so I'm getting paranoid it may be something else. I have had a little of that spasm-y colic pain. Mostly I have this dull, distended, achy pain around my lower back and into my abdomen. It keeps getting higher. Now it is up around the level of my stomach, not as high as the rib cage. I feel bloated and achy and tender when pressed upon (or when my 4yo flops on me). I had a fever last night, not too bad 101.2, gone this morning, but it has been doing that, it comes back at night, along with chills. Does this still sound like a kidney stone?

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

ScottAndrews
on 5/25/17 4:46 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

I know much more about gallstones than kidney stones but it sounds like you might want to get an ultrasound. Fever is generally a red flag.

Do do you have your gallbladder? The pain is definitely in the mid-back and mid-right lower rib cage.

CathyV
on 5/25/17 5:10 pm

No gallbladder here. :) I have a KUB scheduled Tuesday and a urology appt Wednesday.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

ScottAndrews
on 5/25/17 5:38 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

I see said the blind man before humbly digressing. I do hope you feel better.

Love the name of your blog.

cc583
on 5/25/17 5:25 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I have had kidney stones a couple of times. I did not have a fever but I did have severe pain on my right lower side of my back. It hurt so much that I couldn't breathe. Every time I inhaled it got worse. I also had extreme pain in groin area. The first time it happened I only passed a couple of stones and I did have all that much pain but then a week later I passed 11 of them and it was excruciating! The stones were very jagged and caused quite a bit of bleeding as they passed. My doctor couldn't believe that I didn't go to the ER. I was very stupid not to go. Man I sure could have used some pain meds. I almost passed out a couple of times.

I can't say whether or not your symptoms are kidney stone related. I would definitely call a doctor. I hope you can get this situation resolved quickly. Please keep us updated.

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?