What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 6/18/17 4:11 am

Morning Weekenders!

ok, so yesterday instead of assembling our new gazebo, we assembled a new garbage shed thing we impulse purchased at Costco (where all great impulse purchases come from). It looks great, but it took hooouuurrss to assemble! Today we're heading to the farm. Spend some time with my dad, and with the hops! He's having knee replacement surgery on Wednesday, so I bought him a monthly subscription to an app that gives you access to all kinds of weekly and monthly magazines, so I'll spend some time making sure he's comfortable using it. He also likes audio books, so I'd like to download a few of those for him too. Almost bought a leather recliner from Costco too haha. I told ya, great impulse shopping.

Qotd: while cleaning out my closet, I remembered I kept the outfit I wore when I met my now husband. I think it's the oldest article of clothing I have.

Do you guys hold on to clothes? I'm normally not attached to clothes, but to be honest, everything I've taken out of my closets since surgery, is still in the basement! Some of it I'm saving for progress photos (my brain is struggling lately), others I've convinced myself I can sell. But really, I just need to drop them at a charity shop and be done of it. Selling plus clothes in my area seems tricky. There's no plus consignment shops....maybe I should start one...

Menu:

B protein shake

L(brunch) : steak and eggs

D: depend on when we get back to the city. Maybe a porkchop.

have a good one gang!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Queen JB
on 6/18/17 4:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! Hope you have a nice day visiting with your father!

I'm up and on my way out the door to see the Tall Ships in Boston with my dad :)

QOTD: I didn't keep any pre-op clothes, but I did keep a few size 8 pants that I bought as I was losing. Not sentimental...just scared I was going to need them.

Menu is a little unclear depending on what the day brings...but here is what I assume.

Breakfast: Fit Frappe Mocha Protein Coffee & Cheese slices

Snack: wine and snack (tbd) on the ship

Late Lunch: eating at a steak/seafood place. Not sure what I'll order...

Dinner: Can't imagine I'll be hungry?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/18/17 4:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Enjoy the tall ships!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 6/18/17 6:08 am - Brighton, IL

So jealous here JB. I love ships says the woman in a cornfield in Illinois.

Teena D.
on 6/18/17 11:24 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I love ships too and would love to see the tall ships!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

NYMom222
on 6/18/17 7:43 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Have fun!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kathy1212
on 6/18/17 8:10 am

Have fun with your Dad! I wish I could take mine for a ride on the Tall ships; he'd love that! My best friend got to go on a several night cruise on a tall ship. She said the food kept sliding around on the tables (which have edges so things don't fall off), and she slept in a hammock!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/18/17 4:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning and Happy Fathers Day to anyone who is celebrating it themselves, with their Dad, DH, etc.!

Have you suggested to any of the consignment shops that they add plus sized clothing? One near me which never had it previously added a section last year and I believe it has been very popular.

QOTD: I used to save all sizes in my former home as I had tons of closet space. Since downsizing and spending a ton of time bagging that stuff for donation, I keep very little that doesn't fit. AND I'm afraid that keeping larger sizes will give my inner self permission to gain. If I can't take it in with my sewing machine I donate it ****ep bags in my garage which I throw clothes into). I figure once I've been this size for a year (in December) I'll just be replacing from then on. Though at that point I'll probably donate some work clothing as I will be retiring. DH retired 3 years ago and has retained 9 suits (down from what he used to have)! I keep suggesting that he drop down to about half that (or less), but he is afraid he'll need them. I don't know what for as he just went through 3 days of services when his mother died and didn't need more than 3 of them then.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: Deli turkey

D: dinner out - probably grouper

S: cheese sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kakesie
on 6/18/17 5:32 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning and Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers and anyone celebrating with a Father. My dad has passed away and Saralisa's father left us when she was 6 months old, so this is kind of a non-holiday for us.

QOTD: After my surgery I donated 4 large boxes of my 4X and 3X clothes to two ladies in Louisiana who had lost everything in the floods. Lately I've been finding more plus-sized clothes I forgot I had so I've been selling them on our Facebook local Plus Size Clothing site. The ones that don't sell I am taking to Goodwill or Salvation Army. I am not hanging on to any "fat" clothes because I do not plan to gain back my weight.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

L: lettuce, chicken, low cal dressing

D: taco meat, cheese, sour cream, 1/2 flour tortilla

S: light n fit Greek yogurt

Exercise: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!

~ Karen

catwoman7
on 6/18/17 5:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Hi all!

My cousin is arriving late this afternoon, so I have to finish getting this place cleaned up. I have my mom's condo as a backup plan since our house smells like cats. My cousin has a cat and may be used to that "cat smell", but she doesn't have six cats, like we do. (I don't smell the "cat smell" unless I've been away for a few days - but when I get back - UGH! It takes a day to get used to it again..). I'm hoping to get to the gym if I have time - but this place still needs a lot of work.

QOTD: I think I tossed everything that was bigger than an XL (well, took a lot of it to Goodwill. Tossed the ratty stuff). XL's are enormous on me, but I kept a lot of them in case I ever need them again (God forbid..). I should probably box them up and put them in the basement, though, since they're just crowding up my closet. It would be nice to have a closet full of only things that actually fit me. Hmmm... In retrospect I probably should have kept an outfit or two that fit me at my heaviest just to remind myself of my progress (I wore 4X stretchy pants and 4X-5X tops - egad!), but...out they all went.

2 years out (maintenance):

B: homemade Greek yogurt, raspberries

S: coffee with half & half, peach melba protein shake

L: corned beef, mustard, and coleslaw on a Flat Out Fold-It

D: cousin will be here, so not sure. We'll probably go out somewhere. Something safe for sure!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views