What's on your Menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 7/18/17 3:18 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Morning Menu Crew! How is everyone? I am great! Hot, humid & sunny today. Will be an indoor kind of day. So I turned 46 in June and guess what!!! I am starting menopause! The hot flashes have started and night sweats. I am so not impressed. For all the ladies who have gone through it or are going through it tell me your secrets!

Accountability: stayed on plan yesterday

QOTD: How do you feel about wearing colours now post op? I wore nothing but black or grey pre op. Now the brighter the colours the better. I still wear a lot of black pants but in tops I wear all colours now! This is what I am wearing today:

3.8 years post op - maintenance

B: lots of decaf all day & 2 vanilla PP used as creamer

L: tuna/peppers/balsamic

S: two cheese strings & handful of raspberries

D: 5oz of bbq pork chops + A1 sauce

S: yogurt & raspberries

TOTALS: 966 calories, 134 protein, 35 carbs

V: patches are on

L: 120oz a day is my minimum

E: 2nd night of 60 min step class & 60 min muscle pump - my FAV classes

PHOTO FRIDAY - take a pic of your fav pair of shoes, can be heels, runners, slippers, flip flops but only one pair ladies!

Have an awesome day everyone, be fabulous!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Ginnny
on 7/18/17 3:31 am, edited 7/17/17 10:55 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op 15 mos

Good morning! Sounds like it's going to be a scorcher today. Although they said that yesterday, and I was able to get out and do 5.85 kms at lunch. .15 more to hit 6 but my partner was moving a little slower. Ready for the gym this morning, I'll do a 15 min cardio warm up on the "skater" machine and then hit the pool.

I think my Trucker (DH) is a little tired of my "dieting". Whenever I mention my calorie intake for the day I swear his eyes roll back in his head. He always says "remember what you burned off". Of course my response is that I don't eat back exercise calories.....he thinks I should. I'm not obsessing about my weight (like I used to). I wouldn't mind losing another 10 - 15 lbs to help buffer the regain but if it doesn't happen that's okay too. I'm not sure I have it to lose, sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and see the skinny person that I am now, but sometimes I think oh, look at that roll!! Fat girls still resides within!

Anyway, on to the eats:

B - bacon / tomato sandwich on 35 calorie bread, 2 tbsp. light mayo

S - skyr vanilla yogurt (100 gr) with 20 gr coconut clusters

L - Cobb salad - so yummy yesterday made the same today minus the strip of bacon, it got lost in all the other meaty goodness yesterday so why add the calories

S - devilled egg, cherries

D - roasted chicken, 2 tbsp. gravy

Total Cal 1043, Carbs 68 (yikes) Protein 93

Trying to figure out what maintenance meals should be for me. Trial and error. So far the scale is cooperating.

ETA - the QOTD here's me rocking some color today! Even the shoes, although they're because I forgot my work shoes at home and had to race there after the gym to grab them!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Daisydoo02
on 7/18/17 12:41 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

You look INCREDIBLE Ginny! WOW WOW WOW! You are tiny and one hot mama! You are so lean and muscular, all your hard work is really paying off!!!!

You menu looks excellent to me as well, I miss bacon & tomato sandwiches, yumm!!

That dress is awesome, love the colour!

Keep up the excellent work girl, so proud of you!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Ginnny
on 7/18/17 4:07 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Thanks Daisy! Your my role model although I don't think I am as diligent as you! We must meet up sometime you're not that far away!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

seattledeb
on 7/18/17 2:51 pm

At one point my spouse said "please buy some clothing in any color other than orange!"

Insert Fitness
on 7/18/17 3:32 am

Morning everyone!

my day went off the rails yesterday and I missed the Ottawa meet up :(

heading into work early today too... nothing crazy happening, just with the office move coming up, a lot of things need to fall in to place quickly.

qotd: I always wore lots of color, but also lots of black. I just love it. For office wear I definitely lean towards black, as I'm trying to keep a small wardrobe, because my size is still changing. But I always wore a lot of jewel tones, especially dresses for special events.

Sometimes my purchases were not solely made because of preference though, but rather because of the limitations of plus size stores. Which I need to remind myself of often. Just because it fits, doesn't mean you have to buy it!

Menu:

B: protein shake

L: tuna with cream cheese.

D: some kind of marinaded chicken breast hubby picked up at the butcher.

S: some sunflower seeds

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Queen JB
on 7/18/17 3:42 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning everyone!

Daisy I am not sure if I'm going through an early menopause, too. I am SO cold all day long, but around 8pm my body temperature shoots through the roof and I am actually hot to the touch for a few hours. I am 42 so I thought it was too early, but I am not sure if that is what's going on. It sucks though!

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support for how I was feeling yesterday. My weight is still at an all time high this morning, so I guess it was "real", no****er, which is disappointing... But this morning I am feeling motivated to get rid of it. And even though it gives me anxiety, here is my accountability:

Accountability: Stuck to my menu but added a Chomps meat to my morning snack and then few pop chips before bed. Totals for the day ended up at 1200 calories and 55 carbs. No wonder I am gaining, right?

QOTD: Cute outfit! I have never shied away from colors. I actually just posted this weekend about how I am more likely to be boring with my clothes and makeup now than I was pre-op because I don't feel like I need to make up for my fat body by looking extra pretty. This is my outfit today... I'm wearing hormonal stripes! Bold move, right?!

23.5 months post op / 120 lbs today / trying to lose 5lbs before August 11

B: Fit Frappe Chai Protein with coffee & scrambled egg with bacon

S: Oikos Triple Zero Cherry Greek Yogurt

L: Green Salad with shredded chicken and roast beef with ranch dressing

S: Syntrax Peanut Butter & Cinnamon Bun Protein shake with Fat Free Fairlife milk

D: 3 oz Shredded Rotisserie Chicken with everything bagel spice

Totals: Calories: 816 / Protein: 96 / Carbs: 40

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/18/17 3:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL! "Hormonal" stripes!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 7/18/17 3:50 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ha! That's too funny to fix and probably accurate anyway!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/18/17 3:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thanks for the chuckle before I start work today!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 380 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 501 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 191 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?