Feeling discouraged

Jessiegirlie
on 7/22/17 6:50 pm
Revision on 07/03/17

I am 19 days out and I'm feeling so discouraged. I am soooo nauseas and wondering how long this lasts. I don't feel like eating or drinking anything. The only things that I can tolerate are Premier chocolate shake and warm tea. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm wondering why I did this to myself.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/22/17 7:38 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Not drinking enough is going to make you nauseated. You need to find a way to get more fluid in, or you will never feel better. Try hot, cold, flavored, SF popsicles, broth, etc etc.

Right now you have all the worst parts of the surgery, and none of the good. Buyer's remorse is very common. Hang in there.

Now go drink!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

cc583
on 7/22/17 8:18 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

In addition to water, sf popsicles and broth were life savers for me to get all of my fluids in. It gets better and better every day. Good luck with everything!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

NYMom222
on 7/22/17 8:55 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

It will be better, but the most important thing now is getting fluids in just like the others said. What is the quantity of liquid you are taking in for the day? 64oz is the minimum and at almost 3 weeks out you should be able to get it in. If you drank 4 premiers for the day, and drank an 8oz cup of tea between each one, that would be 68oz. I always had to think that way and schedule my fluids in the beginning. I used to leave water on my nightstand so I could start drinking when I was getting up and ready for the day. I would have 8oz at least in before first food of the day. I don't need to be that scheduled now I easily get it in.... but then I did.

Are you taking a PPI? Like omeprezole/ Prilosec? I find acid makes me nauseous.

I also found TicTac's- The white peppermint ones, one my friend at this point. I would just suck on one and the little bit of Mint would help the nausea.

Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Jessiegirlie
on 7/22/17 9:51 pm
Revision on 07/03/17

I am trying to get all the drinking in but I haven't been adding it all up. I've had two Premier shakes and two pots of tea so far today. I'm eating a popsicle rught now. That doesn't add up to enough! I have been just drinking what I can but not keeping close track. It sounds like I need to force myself to drink even if it is not appealing AT ALL! I'll pay closer attention to the ounces and write it down!

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/17 9:32 pm

It gets better. I have no regrets now.

Best decision I have made.

Mahalo F.
on 7/22/17 10:22 pm

Hey there!

Congrats on the surgery...

I must agree with Grim...

Getting fluids in is key... Your empty stomach & dehydration are probably the causes....

(2) Premier Protein shakes a day is excellent.

Focus on the warm teas, broths & sugar free popcicles.

Hudration is the most important thing right now.

This too shall pass.... You won't ever regret this decision moving forward.

Life changing & completely worth it!

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

ScottAndrews
on 7/23/17 4:33 am
RNY on 03/20/17

The nausea will disappear at some point. I think at 19 days I was still having night sweats and I was definitely nauseous every day. Any big abdominal surgery will do this to you. I felt the same way after gallbladder surgery.

The anesthesia gets stored in our fat cells. It takes a while to work itself out. I think that's part of it. Also just the trauma your stomach has undergone.

Not sure where you are but I currently need a lot of extra fluids as it's miserably hot and humid.

mute
on 7/23/17 6:01 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I swear it gets better.

If that's all you can tolerate then drink a lot of those shakes. I know it sucks, I remember feeling so crappy during the first 4-5 weeks or so. But get your fluids in with those shakes, tea, water, popsicles, somehow. Get the protein in with the shakes and it will slowly get better. You just don't want to get dehydrated like other said.

You will turn the corner and slowly be able to tolerate more. And then you'll be able to get the protein in so much easier.

I do not regret it and 2.5 years later I'm so grateful for my health. Good luck and keep coming here and asking questions - it helps so much!

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

CJ On Orcas
on 7/23/17 8:27 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Normal reaction in my opinion. It passes. Make sure you are drinking right now. It is your most important job. I bought the Unjury chicken broth protein powder so I could switch it up with the shakes. You will be cleared soon to try other things, a spoonfull t a time, and you will find food that works. I had the hardest time with water, anything rubbery like hb eggs or fish, and all meats. But it passes. Keep reading the boards to find out what others did or do.

This is how you will get the weight off. And it feels really, really good to get the weight off. Honestly!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics