What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 8/12/17 4:32 am

Morning!

whats everyone got planned for the day? We're heading to the farm, but haven't decided if we're going for the night or not.

qotd: would you/ have you encouraged anyone to have WLS? Antichick's question got me thinking. I am very pro surgery, but I should keep in mind I'm still a newb, so everything is awesome right now.

Maybe my views would change down the line. But I kind of doubt it.

The increased mobility, and quality of life has been totally worth it. I'm sure my supplement needs will increase over time, and other health issues will creep up, but being at a lower weight, will make it more manageable.

i mean, not to get too morbid, but I could have a stroke tomorrow, at least I can access the rehab equipment at my local hospital, which I couldn't at my high weight. there is a limited number of beds and services available for the severely obese.

and the amount of mental energy being obese uses is shocking. Just being able to leave the house without estimating how far I'll have to walk, searching websites to see if a venue has chairs with arms, avoiding public transportation to not have to crowd people. Not going to movies on opening night, to have empty seats next to me. Planning for the pain that would follow a day where I was on my feet a long time. Packing so many clothes anytime I went anywhere, knowing I couldn't just buy something if I needed it. Always thinking, always planning.

it makes keeping track of my food and supplements seem like a breeze!

Accountability: good and on plan

Menu:

B: coffee and premiere protein

L/D: tbd on our plans today

haveca good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Librarian67
on 8/12/17 4:44 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning weekenders! I'm up early but not many plans for the day. I need to do some meal prep and shopping but other than that this is going to be a lazy day.

QOTD: I would totally encourage someone to have RNY surgery. The problem is that if that person is not ready to make the commitment to change behaviors it can be less successful. It took me several years to become ready personally, so I believe that it's not always the right time for someone. I do know how much my life has positively changed in the last few months and I would encourage people to consider it.

Accountability: We ordered out last night and got Japanese rather than Chinese, so I ate 2 chicken sticks rather than shrimp

Menu:

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, 2 oz ham

Snack: Fuzzy Navel protein shake

Lunch: Turkey breast, baby carrots

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast

Dinner: sashimi

Exercise: 60 min on the treadmill

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Kakesie
on 8/12/17 4:47 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Insert Fitness and Menu Family!

No big plans for the weekend, probably puttering around the house, laundry, cleaning, fun things like that. LOL!

QOTD: I wish my best girlfriend would consider WLS. She has back problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. But she is in (I can't remember which stage) heart failure and is afraid her heart couldn't take the surgery.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 75, Calories - 1,025, Carbs - 82.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

L: lettuce, chicken, tomato, low cal dressing

D: Birdseye chicken stir fry

S: Light & Fit Greek yogurt

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!

~ Karen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/12/17 6:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow: That's scary about your friend! Maybe she should see a surgeon and get advice? I know that my WLS center will work closely with people with health issues like that.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 8/12/17 5:02 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post for me as I'm getting ready to go to a cowboy shoot with hubby today. Lily and I got up at 515 to get our 3.6 miles in early and will do another mile after dinner. Accountability was good yesterday. I felt snacks but had some hot herbal tea instead. Post op 4 years 11.5 months and weight at 118.4 today. QOTD I've had two acquaintances I've spoken with since surgery who went on to have surgery and several other patients of my rheumatologist as well. Here's the food plan for maintenance today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz taco meat with 1/2 c lettuce and salsa D 31/2 oz smoked sausage 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt with 1 T granola for crunch. Have a great day everyone and make some smart and conscious choices that move you one step closer to your goals!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/12/17 6:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Have fun today!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/17 5:21 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning! So thankful things are cooling down a bit here in the PNW. My husband and son are going crabbing tomorrow and camping. I have opted to stay home. This past week has been very stressful and I need to have a minute to myself and "reset".

B- 3 oz black forest ham, 1 egg, 1/4 c. cottage cheese. ( My new favorite, thank you Liz)

L- 4 oz shredded chicken with hot sauce

D- 4 oz 85/15 hamburger patty w/ blue cheese

QOTD- I would recommend this surgery to anyone. I know a few people that say that they would love to have this surgery. I tell them that this is a major decision and not to be taken lightly. There are some days that I still can't believe I did it.

Have a great day everyone! Stay strong, stay committed.

pinyee
on 8/12/17 5:21 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Good morning Menu Family... Busy day today.. Volunteering to help out a golf tournament for a little bit then hubby and I are going to BJ's to stock up on paper products. I am obsessed with making sure we have enough toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, and napkins on hand at all times. I even have some hidden in the house that he does not know about and have extra at my grandmother's down the road just in case. I think it stems from when I was growing up we always ran out of toilet paper and I hated it! So I vowed never to do that when I was in charge. I am so obsessed that I have my daughter set up with Amazon for auto delivery of those items and laundry detergent just so I know she is good at all times her housemates love though. Maybe I need help with my issue? Oh well!

QOTD: If someone asked my opinion I would 100% say yes but I would also say that this journey is not for everyone and you need to do your homework and decide if you are ready to make this life change. Sometimes I think back to what my life was like even before I decided to attend the informational meeting and kick myself for waiting so long because I could have had so many more adventures with my daughter if I could have just done it sooner.

I agree with you Erin traveling is much more fun now that you can pack on not worry about if you leave something behind. I always said to my husband or daughter do worry if you forgot something they have stores you know but in the back of my mind saying except for me because if I forget an article of clothing I am screwed so I would pack pretty much my whole closet. Now I am the one "forgetting" stuff so I have to buy something...

Food for the day:

B: Coffee (I love my Saturday treat of a cup of coffee with caffeine) scrambled egg and bacon

L: Pulled pork at the golf tournament. (my brother is making it so hopefully he made extra for sister's house)

D: We are eating dinner out... But protein forward I am still losing the M & M stress fiasco from earlier in the week...

Have a great day everyone!

catwoman7
on 8/12/17 6:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you're not the only one - my husband obsesses about paper towels and toilet paper, too. He is ALWAYS asking me to pick some up every time I go to the store - even if we have plenty on hand!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/12/17 6:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL! Count me in on the backup paper products!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 434 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Forum Search Error & 404