What's on your Tuesday menu, RNYer?

cc583
on 9/12/17 11:15 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hello everyone,

Nice job getting back on track JB! :)

Accountability: I stayed 100% on plan yesterday.

I may end up eating more than what is on my plan for today. I'm thinking of increasing my protein, cals and maybe carbs(just a little on the carbs) to break my stall.

QOTD: My brother had a lap band done several years ago and was very successful at first but has had quite a bit of regain.

B: 2 eggs, turkey breakfast sausage, 1/2 slice of cheese

L: 3oz turkey breast

S: 2oz turkey breast

D: 2oz turkey Italian sausage, 1 1/2 oz sirloin steak, 2 forkfuls broccoli rabbe

S: ostrim meat stick

Cals:643, Carbs:5, Protein:90

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

nance1950
on 9/12/17 11:20 am
RNY on 04/26/17

Hi guys. I'm also out of sorts today. I weighed myself and was up two pounds...what's with that...I mean I know everything will work out. I'd stop weighing myself but have to everyday due to heart problems. And another thing my feet aren't working as in not going down where they're supposed to. Makes walking kind of wild. Well enough whining!

I don't know anyone....except you guys ...who's had the surgery. I talked about it with a guy at the grocery store once and did alot of research. But you here on the menu thread are my support group. I couldn't be happier about that!

B. Protein shake with coffee

L. Cottage cheese with ketchup

S. Protein shake with coffee

D. Might have chicken

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Nancy

HonestOmnivore
on 9/12/17 11:51 am
RNY on 03/29/17

Nancy,

The weight could be water or heart related - and the foot coordination is concerning. Please call your doctor and let them know. I'm not a doctor but I do know enough to be dangerous!

Let us know how you're doing...

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

nance1950
on 9/12/17 1:17 pm
RNY on 04/26/17

Thank you for your concern! I really appreciate it. If I keep gaining weight will def call my cardiologist. As for my feet...I had diabetes before my surgery... The diabetes is gone...thank God... But neuropathy remains in my feet. Usually Im OK with walking but sometimes it doesn't work...I use a walker and that usually helps me keep my balance. But when my feet go numb all bets are off.I'm making it sound worse than it is...I may be graduating to a cane soon. Thanks again Nancy

HonestOmnivore
on 9/12/17 12:29 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

Good afternoon JB and Menu family!

QOTD- I have a casual friend who had the RNY about seven years ago, and then the mom of another friend had it done. I'm not close with either but their success is impressive and while one is only out about four years, both have been doing great.

Accountability: I did better yesterday than planned, mostly because I didn't have time for my afternoon snack. Total Calories: 459, Protein: 92, Carbs: 21, Sugar: 3, Fat: 6

RNY 5 mo out/155lbs/ Weight Loss Phase

B- 3/4 cup plain yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder

MS- NA

L- 6 Garlic Lime shrimp, 1/4 fried plantain, 1 TB rice

AS- Smoked Almonds

D- 3 mini Shrimp Tacos minus tortilla

ES- 4 oz. Margarita

Total Calories: 1200, Protein: 84, Carbs: 59, Sugar: 19, Fat: 32

Please Note: This is definitely a BAD EXAMPLE of a post WLS menu. Nothing in today's macros is OK. Calories are about 400-700 too high, Protein is about 15g low, Carbs and sugar are double the recommendation, even fat is too high. I am not boasting, bragging, or promoting my bad choices; I'm trying to be transparent and accountable. If I did this a few times a week, I would stop losing even during this honeymoon phase. Also, if I wasn't tracking I might look at what I actually ate and not realize it was this high in calories and carbs. Aside from the Margarita it doesn't even look that bad, and I'm having the half size of the margarita. This is why documenting every bite is so very important!

Exercise: Tonight I'm planning on swimming laps for 30 minutes before dinner out. I also walked at lunch and plan to get the rest of my steps in by walking to and from dinner.

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

CarlRay
on 9/12/17 12:35 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Good afternoon! It's been a while, and I'm finding my posts are happening with less frequency as the fall approaches, but I still enjoy reading when I get a chance.

Today's menu:

B: Protein shake

MS: 1/2 cup ff greek yogurt, with 1/4 cup of bran flakes mixed in and 1.5 oz strawberries. I added the bran, because well....it's bran and bran "works" lol

L: 1 1/4 cup of homemade cabbage/ground beef soup/stew. So cooked down that everything is tender and presents zero issues. Very delicious, and she went heavy on the meat this time, which was nice.

AS: 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese with 1.5 oz strawberries

S: Likely as not, soup or maybe tuna on romaine with cheese.

ES: I'm kinda going off evening eating, replacing it with a good 7km walk tonight. Maybe stop and grab a decaf.

qotd: I only know one other person that's done the RNY, and had great success. This person is a very good support, source of knowledge and information for me and is doing well in maintenance.

I recently attended the 6 month post-op appointment and they're all pretty happy with what I've been able to accomplish so far. My weight loss is well above the curve, blood work is all coming back perfect, and I'm not having any major complications (nothing an occasional laxative/softener can't sort out). I'm pretty excited to be this active and I'm feeling awesome, but my brain is still programmed for "fat guy" mode. Hoping that starts to change soon so I can figure out how to shop because I still have no idea. Shopping is still a nuisance to me, but I'm getting by.

So glad that I've done this.

Emiepie
on 9/12/17 12:55 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So glad that everything is going well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

babsinga
on 9/12/17 6:44 pm
RNY on 07/11/17

Howdy Everyone!

QOTD: Well, I don't need to know anyone else cause I have had three surgeries! LOL Lapband to sleeve to RNY. My sister in law just had the sleeve.

Food today: So so... but might be hard to count the calories even though they were all good choices. I went to dinner with my hubby at sushi restaurant and had sashimi appetizer plate which could not have been more than a few ounces of salmon, tuna and fake crab. I also ate a shrimp from the salad and two pieces of a CA roll. Yes it had rice but not fried and it wasnt more than two tablespoons. I also ate some octopus cooked no sauce and two pieces of steak from the bento box. Everything I ate except the two pieces of sushi were solid protein. I am guessing about 5 ounces total of fish and meat.

So totals for the day and this is speculation:

breakfast cheese stick, coffee with ff creamer 70 calories 7 gram protein

lunch: egg beaters, cheese and ham 2 ounces 25 grams of protein 170 calories

Dinner 5 ounces of assorted protein and 2 tb of rice 40 grams protein /calories 300?

SF hot chocolate with 30 calorie almond milk 2 grams protein 40 calories

Totals: 580 calories 74 grams protein give or take and 52 ounces of liquids (yes didnt drink enough today)

Babs in GA

HW 348 Revision SW 224 GW 165 CW 148

Revision from sleeve to RNY

Pre op: -5 M1-12 lbs M2 11 lb M3-5lb M4 -9lb M5 -2 M6-6 M7-7 M8 -4 M9-5 M10 -2 M11 -2

200 lbs lost and 17 pounds below goal !

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views