depression or funk

CarlRay
on 9/13/17 11:56 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Absolutely to what's all been said. I'm just a little over 6 months post-op, and things seem to be levelling off a little bit with the "profound brain-things". For me, I became less patient, and very much more aggressive and/or assertive. I kept it in check (mostly) but I noticed it BIG time. I thought maybe it was confidence that I've never had finally all unloading at once and it came across as a bit harsh at times. It's very strange for me to feel things like positive self-esteem and confidence, and perhaps the aggression I felt was more defensive until I figured out "positivity". Heck I'm still figuring that out, and I doubt I'll ever stop. Being exposed to negative sides my whole life, I've only ever known that. As a result I've always been laid back. So laid back, that I faded into oblivion by choice most of the time just so I didn't stick out and draw attention to myself much. With the lifestyle change, a lot has changed and very quickly. Depression hasn't been an issue, but my defense mechanisms definitely kicked in. The physical tiredness will end as your body regulates and learns to go-go-go on what most would consider impossible calorie counts to maintain. I'm finding that, anyway. The energy was sooooo low for the first few months, and now I'm still eating the same amount, but my energy levels are almost ridiculous every day.

You're normal, and so is what you are feeling.

AngAng
on 9/13/17 12:02 pm

Thank you. Yes, my husband has said... wow, you are being a little snippy, or don't be soo abrupt. I said, yikes I didn't realize I was being snappy or snippy or sharp. Not my intention. strange.

I've never tried to hide or with draw, I think that I figured that I should be the funny smart gal. Stay up on everything to be able to keep up in any conversation because if I couldn't look good, I need to be smart enough to keep an intelligent conversation or be really witty. Coping mechanisms are interesting, aren't they?

I am looking forward to the go go go level of energy. I am happy for you and your success. Thank you for sharing your kind words.

AngAng

Revision Lap Band to RNY Approved 5/10/17 Surgery Date 6/6/2017

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 551 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 535 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 333 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?