What's on your Tuesday menu RNYers?

Teena D.
on 9/19/17 3:40 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning and happy Tuesday!

I had a great birthday. The kids and I went down to the lake for a little while last night and it was the perfect ending to a great weekend and day. Working from home again today which I love.

I had my 6 month followup yesterday and it went well. They said my vitamin D and B12 are down but other than that I'm doing well.

Accountabilty- 100% on track yesterday!

QOTD: Do you like surprises (good ones)? I think DH is planning something for me this weekend. When I'm completely surprised, I love it but when I know something is coming I really want to know what it is. I was the kid that would sneak into my parents bedroom to see what was there for Christmas, and even unwrap and re-wrap presents. Can't believe I was so terrible!!

Menu:

B: Protein shake

L: leftover pork chop

D: I might make Chilli.

Snack: not sure yet

Exercise: Day 2 (yup I exercised yesterday) of the 21 Day fix

weight: down again! 179.0 today.

Have a great day everyone!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Meggles07
on 9/19/17 3:50 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Today I have a big meeting with a whole bunch of people I haven't met yet. I have to try and keep track of everyone. I'm having trouble settling into this role. The commute is already getting to me which I was worried about, and the role isn't challenging so I've been trying to find ways to stay interested. I need to not eat my feelings.

QOTD: if it was a total surprise I would probably like it (if it was something good). I've had some not good surprises thrown at me. I don't like when I know something is coming because I always build it up in my mind which may not match the actual surprise. However, I do love surprising other people... Even if it's just something little.

Post-op two years, six months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg, cheese stick

Lunch - chicken, tomatoes from our garden

Snack - turkey sausage, Greek yogurt

Snack - sliced ham

Dinner - tbd

Snack - protein shake

All water and vits.

Emiepie
on 9/19/17 7:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope things get better for you with the new job.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/19/17 3:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. I'm glad you had a good birthday. You deserve it!

QOTD: I don't love surprise parties at all. I like to prepare for a party with the proper dress, attitude, etc. BUT I don't think I've ever had a party be a surprise even if it was intended to be. Someone always lets it out of the bag. Like when I was pregnant with my eldest DD and going to a friend's house. I stopped at my mother's and she said "Are you wearing that?". I knew it was a baby shower. And when youngest DD planned a surprise 30th anniversary party for us, I figured it out (can't remember how). Good thing I did, as it was at my house and we had COMPLETELY neglected the house and yard for months while our kitchen and bath were redone (and I had escaped to the Cape Cod House with the dogs). We had to get the house in order and cleaned, and ended up having to hire someone to get the yard in shape. But the party was wonderful (6 years ago now). Surprise gifts are good!

Almost 1.5 years post-op (maintenance). 36 work days to retirement.

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: leftover sea bass

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Rosemi
on 9/19/17 4:49 am

Wait a minute.... isn't today - yaaaaay 35 days until retirement? I hope so it makes it closer!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/19/17 10:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You are going to keep me honest! I forgot that I had to adjust my spreadsheet because I was subtracting out a few days for holidays and other time off which won't occur prior to 11/13. It is actually 38 work days (55 elapsed days)!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Rosemi
on 9/19/17 11:18 am

Ok then, Yaaaaay 38 work days until retirement!!!

Librarian67
on 9/19/17 4:34 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks!

QOTD: I'm not big on surprises. I like to plan and I get uncomfortable when things are too up in the air.

Menu:

Breakfast: 4 tater tots, 2 pieces turkey bacon

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake

Lunch: TJ's Herb Mustard salmon, baby carrots

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast

Dinner: TJ's chicken sausage

Exercise: deep water aerobics, short walk

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Queen JB
on 9/19/17 4:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning. I had a tough day yesterday. Remember how I said I was sitting around for no reason in the morning? Well 5 minutes after I left the house I got a call from mom that she called an ambulance for my dad who had a seizure and was unresponsive. I turned right around and spent the day in the hospital. Turns out it was great that I left so late... He is doing well, now, thankfully. I ate crappy vending machine food all day, though so my accountability was nil.

QOTD: It depends. I love bring surprised about presents and stuff like that, but I hate being surprised with people. Like Liz said-- I like to do a lot of planning in order to plan my outfit, clean the house, etc.

I am working from home today since I am still feeling a little emotional about Dad and plus we have Tropical Storm Jose bearing down and I can only imagine how awful traffic will be. It's hard for me to stay on track when I am home so I hope I don't screw up too badly.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Rosemi
on 9/19/17 4:58 am

Hi JB, the unknown when dealing with parents illnesses and frailties is so stressful and I'm so sorry this is happening. Just know that however you handle this day and this stress it's all ok...there are no rules. Take care.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 427 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?