Embarrassing problem

greymare
on 10/27/17 8:06 pm

I'm having a problem of anal leakage. Small amount of Mucus. I have to wear a pad to protect my underwear. Help!

mirandaF
on 10/27/17 11:38 pm
RNY on 08/07/17

To be honest, this is something you may wish to have your Doctor take a look into. Anal leakage can be from any number of reasons, such as infection, chronic diarrhea, nerve problems.. etc. Best bet is to have them take a look into this matter for you with a gastroenterologist. Usually this results in a colonoscopy if they can't figure out what is going on via other means. I hope you get assistance though!

greymare
on 10/28/17 7:54 am

Thank you

rocky513
on 10/28/17 5:45 am - WI

It could be what you are eating. Sugar alcohols, lactose, simple carbs (sugar and flour) can all cause gastric issues. Do you have a lot of rumbling gas too? The pressure from excess gas can contribute to anal leaking. Try an elimination diet for a while. Start with eliminating dairy and see if you improve. Make sure you check your protein drink labels. If it contained whey concentrate, it contains lactose. Whey isolate is 99% lactose free.

You may have to experiment with foods for awhile to figure out if it's a food intolerance causing the problem.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

greymare
on 10/28/17 7:55 am

Thank you

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/28/17 11:03 am

Fyi - some chewable vitamins contain SA. It took me a while to notice that as I deal with excessive gas. I had to switch brands to get rid of the "last gas " they were causing. Even a little bit can make your body react to it.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

greymare
on 10/28/17 11:36 am

Thank you

hollykim
on 10/28/17 12:51 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 28, 2017 at 3:06 AM Pacific Time, greymare wrote:

I'm having a problem of anal leakage. Small amount of Mucus. I have to wear a pad to protect my underwear. Help!

are your bowels moving regularly and often otherwise? Constipation can result in liquid anal leakage.

greymare
on 10/28/17 1:45 pm

Yes, I have regular BM's. I'm beginning to wonder if it's the apple sauce (unsweetened) that I use to help swallow my pills. There's 15 grams of sugar in 1/2 cup and I only have a table spoon or two daily. Doesn't seem likely but I'll stop using it and see what happens.

hollykim
on 10/28/17 2:06 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 28, 2017 at 8:45 PM Pacific Time, greymare wrote:

Yes, I have regular BM's. I'm beginning to wonder if it's the apple sauce (unsweetened) that I use to help swallow my pills. There's 15 grams of sugar in 1/2 cup and I only have a table spoon or two daily. Doesn't seem likely but I'll stop using it and see what happens.

yes apple juice can give babies and young children diarrhea. Applesauce could too

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 289 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics