What's on your Monday Menu RNYers?

Teena D.
on 10/30/17 4:10 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning and happy Monday! This Friday's Photo Theme will be Halloween! Looking forward to the pics. :)

Tomorrow will be a busy night as Halloween usually is- but we're also picking up the new van. Yup, we bought it. We are excited - it's been 8 years since we had a new vehicle.

Accountability- It wasn't bad - but Protein was lower than it needed to be. My son had a great birthday.

QOTD: What kind of vitamins do you take? I havebeen using patches but forgot to order so I need to buy some oral ones to hold me over. I was on autoship but was changing the card so had to cancel and add a new one - and only got halfway through the process and forgot to go back and fini****

Menu:

B: Fried egg and bacon

L: Veggie noodles with meaty spaghetti sauce

D: Something involving ground beef

S: Greek yogurt raspberry mousse- made with sugar free jello

W: 172 this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Librarian67
on 10/30/17 4:21 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks! I still have a lingering cold that has knocked me off my feet for the last few days. I've been drinking lots of fluids, taking Tylenol and some cold medicine and it seems to be getting better. I am working from home today and will take a nap over my lunch hour to get in more rest. I hope to be completely over it by tomorrow if all goes well.

I didn't get in any exercise over the weekend because I was resting but I hope that I can do a short walk today maybe to get my blood pumping. I miss the exercise when I don't get it.

QOTD: I buy my vitamins from LuckyVitamin and get their One Daily Multivitamin plus I take their Ferrous Sulfate and Vitamin C. I take Calcium tablets that I get from them too. I hung onto the bariatric calcium chews for a while because they are like candy, but I've completely switched over now to tablets.

Menu:

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, 2 pieces turkey bacon

Snack: Grape protein shake

Lunch: TJ's chicken sausage

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast

Dinner: pork chops, cauliflower

Exercise: short walk?

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 10/30/17 4:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Everyone!

My "oh crap" saga continues, so I'm really going to increase the fiber & protein today. I didn't do too badly calorie-wise yesterday, but there was a lot of sodium (corned beef & cheese (lunch), Pick 2 turkey chili & a Thai chicken salad from Panera for dinner), but still, I want to feel satiated all day so I'll stick to the low end of my calorie range. I also need to get off my butt and exercise!! This is ridiculous!!!

QOTD: I take the CVS equivalent of Centrum Silver for my multi. As far as the others, they're all over the board (e.g. Superior Source vitamin D, Bariatric Advantage Calcium chews, Sundown Perfect Iron...)

2 years 4 months out:

B: homemade vanilla Greek yogurt with blueberries & pomegranate seeds

S: coffee with half & half, SF pumpkin Miralax/protein/Metamucil latte shake

L: cottage cheese with strawberries

D: I'm thinking chili

evening - maybe a pumpkin yogurt with bran cereal if I can afford the calories - or just bran cereal with unsweetened cashew milk. Bran fills me up, so...

ex: ANYTHING at the freaking gym!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

supershopper
on 10/30/17 5:01 am

hey all

was a really busy weekend. recap is that I didn't get to do the 5k race, it stormed and rained on and off all day sat, then we lost power at 6 pm and it didn't come back on till Sunday early morning maybe am. Proceeds went to wounded warrior so I was happy about that.

food for tday:

plain coleslaw mix with beef/broc on top

gizzards

chicken

jello/yogurt

eggplant/cabbage

coleslaw

not sure really which I will eat but will see and not sure on dinner.

QOTD: I take multi patch, petite cal citrate, b-12 oral about 1-2 month, d3 about 1-2 month, melatonin about 3 times a week, pro/prebiotic help with the poop situation. also on two holistic vitamins for my intestines/bowels that really keep things moving without the chemicals in the miralax. I rarely take that now. oh and the stool softner pills.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Meggles07
on 10/30/17 5:17 am - Canada

Good morning :)

So I ended up being off half of last week as I wasn't feeling well and my boss sent me home. That's kind of a new experience for me. I must have looked awful lol. I slept pretty much all weekend. This week I have Friday booked off to spend the day with DH. He has it booked off as well. It's his birthday and our anniversary (first date). So we have made our own holiday :)

QOTD: I take mostly Costco brand vitamins. I'm alternating their prenatal with a couple random multis to use them up. I take Costco prenatal, D, and B12. I use bariatric advantage calcium because I like the chocolate peanut butter chews.

Post-op two years, seven months.

Breakfast - oatmeal

Snack - egg, yogurt

Lunch - chicken

Snack - chicken

Snack - pepperoni and cheese

Dinner - beef stew

Snack - protein shake if needed

All water and vits.

Kakesie
on 10/30/17 5:35 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Teena and Menu family!

QOTD: I take Walmart generic brand multi vitamin & minerals comparable to Centrum 50 for women daily. I also take a bunch of extra oral vitamins: fish oil, vision formula, calcium citrate + D3, selenium, vitamin C, glucosomine chondroitin, B complex, B-12, Vitamin E, LiverAid, Hair, Skin & Nails, Saw Palmetto, L-Carnitine, MSM, Melatonin, D3, Probiotics and CoQ10.

Accountability: Protein was a little low yesterday and calories & carbs were a bit high. Protein - 66, Calories - 1200, Carbs - 119. I will try to do better today.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: chicken & wild rice soup, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: Book Club tonight at Panera so I will probably get turkey chili

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a fantastic day everyone!

~ Karen

Librarian67
on 10/30/17 6:18 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Karen, I am curious what you take the extra vitamins for. Do you find them helpful?

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Kakesie
on 10/30/17 9:05 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Janet,

I take:

Glucosomine Chondriotin for Arthritis - very helpful.

B vitamins and Selenium for Depression - very helpful.

Melatonin for Sleep - very helpful

Fish Oil & Vitamin E - Heart health - I hope they help.

CoQ10 - to help my Statin work better - I hope it helps.

LiverAid - Because I have Liver damage.

Vision Formula - Because I have Dry Eye Syndrome and am old.

D3 - Was told to take this by the bariatric surgeon.

Magnesium - I was low in Magnesium last check-up.

MSM, Saw Palmetto, L-Carnitine and Hair, Skin & Nails - I take these because my hair is falling out! Not sure if they hel*****t, but I'm desperate and will try anything I've heard will help prevent hair loss.

I also take prescription Potassium pills because my bloodwork showed I was low in potassium.

I know, it's a LOT!

Kcool9
on 10/31/17 8:36 am

That's great that you're taking CoQ10 with your statin! Statins lower CoQ10 levels which is a problem because we need CoQ10 to produce energy for almost all of the cells in our body. Crazy right?! Given all the potential side effects associated with statins, it's a really good idea to supplement with CoQ10.

I actually take a water and fat-soluble form for better absorption in the intestines. It also comes in liquid forms to make it easier to take (less pills is always a win for me!).

What is the connection between saw palmetto and hair loss? I took saw palmetto years ago for hormonal acne (I'm a women), but I have not heard about it in the context of hair loss. The hormone piece does make sense.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/30/17 5:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning on this windy Monday! I think we either have appointments or evening plans every day this week, so it is going to be busy. Good thing, as it is my next to last week of work and it would be good to have it go by fast.

QOTD: I take Bariatric Advantage Ultra Multi with Iron plus their chewable 500 mg calcium citrates.

1 year, 7 months post-op (maintenance). 10 work days to retirement (11/13).

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: ? (Going to a friends for dinner)

S: protein snacks from OH conference goody bag

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404