Life is full of NSVs

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/17 5:50 am

This past weekend I went to a wedding. I get nervous since usually are full of the whole ****tail idea now.

I mean I am an alcoholic and food addict. Well we went out to eat before the reception. I knew if I went into the hall I would house anything just to fill me up. Not drinking wasn't really a worry for me.

My NSV was not only being able to get through the wedding without drinking.

I danced my ass off. I danced all night. First time dancing for a long periods of time being sober.

I didn't care what people thought. I was like screw it I have nothing to lose. I had fun.

I had legit sober fun.

Now the dessert table was amazing. I did eat a few things off of it. I did put a lot of little bites of different ones on my plate. I only ate a few bites. But they were totally worth it.

I know I can be a bit of a photo ***** But this picture is of me with a sober and happy

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

What was awesome even though she is a lot younger than me. We had so much fun. We left our spouses at the table. We had such a good time. I only met her that night. But I think I found a good friend.

Life is good.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 11/13/17 6:13 am - Burleson, TX

Some of my best friends are sober, happy photo *****s

I NEVER get tired of your photos, and stories !!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/17 6:20 am

Thank you Gina. I love this picture of me. I will never hate pics of myself now. I truly am happy.

Which I have dealt with depression and anxiety all of my life. I still take meds. But my therapist says I am doing so much better than when I walked into her doors 6 years ago.

I don't lie anymore. I don't hide anymore when I do things. Such as eating so no one sees me.

I think we all can find true happiness. I know without WLS my life would be so different now.

I am so glad I did it. I know for me I don't think I could have gotten sober.

Not because I look better. I feel so much better without the alcohol in my body.

Laughing is something that is a major NSV. A true laugh and a smile.

Emiepie
on 11/13/17 6:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am glad you had an amazing time!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/17 6:59 am
RNY on 11/22/16

I love this post!!

karenp8
on 11/13/17 8:33 am - Brighton, IL

This whole post makes me unbelievably happy Susan. You look amazing and your honest posts are such an inspiration. Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/17 8:52 am

Thank you Karen. It is one thing that is amazing in life. It's not always about losing the weight. It is about finding out who we really are.

I always lived in my shell. And it feels so good to come out of it.

Librarian67
on 11/13/17 8:44 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Thanks for sharing your amazing experience!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/17 8:54 am

Thank you all for all of the nice things you say.

When I post I am honest. I have to be.

It helps me posting. I may look like oh look at me. Sometimes I do feel that way. But that is usually around people who I want to say suck it to. Ones who never treated me nicely.

But that is not always the healthiest thing. So I try not to do it.

Dcgirl
on 11/13/17 10:23 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You look stunning! Where is your dress from? I need a dress for my company holiday party! I want to copy your style!

I am glad you had fun, and I think being a super fun, sober, dancing machine sounds awesome. I am so proud of you.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics