What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 1/11/18 1:33 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi everyone, how are you all? I am okay, feeling like I am coming down with that cold everyone seems to have. I feel asleep on the couch at 6pm and woke up at 830pm had a drink and went back to bed. UGH.

Accountability: good, no extra bites. I had a small pouch day and was not feeling great and skipped lunch & dinner and just had cheese & and some olives

QOTD: What was your most recent craving? Did you cave and eat it? Did you ignore it and work through the craving and if you did what technique/s did you use to beat the craving? Driving home yesterday I passed an 18 wheeler that had a McDonald's advertisement on the side of the truck and looking down at me was chicken McNugget's and I had this random craving for them. I had no problem ignoring the craving. I don't eat deep fried foods and the thought of eating them made me feel ill, yet I craved them at the same time. So weird. Also I so fear regain and so I just won't go there, that is one of my "techniques" I fear regain so much I just won't eat certain foods.

4yrs 1.5 mos post op RNY

B: decaf + 2 vanilla PP

L: tuna + balsamic

S: energy bar

D: tandoori chicken breast

S: harvarti cheese

totals: 942 calories, 122 protein, 34 carbs

V: patches are on

E: 60 mins of Piyo (Pilates & yoga combined)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Queen JB
on 1/11/18 2:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yuck, feel better Daisy. The cold I had was a nasty one. I am still sniffly and a little run down, and I got mine on Christmas Day! I hope you don't get it!

Oh man, what a week I've had! I have been so busy when I am at work that I am not even on top of my schedule. Yesterday I realized (10 minutes before a meeting started) that it was being hosted a a school not the office, so I had to jump in an UBER and ended up 20 minutes late. I was supposed to be the first presenter, too, btw! Every day has been like that... I haven't seen daylight all week, either, so no pics of the shiny new car, yet. I'll try again today! Today's schedule has me traveling to 6 different places between the hours of 7am - 5pm. Help!

Accountability: Switching things out here and there as I often do, but not eating off plan of off calorie count at all. I've stuck to my goal of cutting out flour and sugar this month and it's going well. The weight loss is slowing from where it was in week 1, but it's still heading in the right direction.

QOTD: Ok, so my office has always had big jars of little Hershey mini candies scattered around the office. It's taken 2+ years but I am finally immune to seeing those as something to crave. I can walk past them and not even blink. But over the break our office manager decided to get fancy and she ordered a whole new set of snacks for the office. We replaced the Hershey mini's with little wrapped Dove medallions, plus there are bags of gummy candy, trail mix, pretzels, and POTATO CHIPS all over. Most of it doesn't bother me, but I would cut-a-***** for a little bag of potato chips. Mmmm.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Theduffman27
on 1/11/18 4:36 am
VSG on 11/19/14

LMAO Julia-cut a ***** for chips had me rolling!

BTW - I hope you have a better day, I think I would have snapped...LOL

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Rosemi
on 1/11/18 6:50 am

Ok, I'm still trying to fill in the -cut a***** thing. I'm seventy and find I spend an exorbitant amount of time trying to fill in the*****!... it's really difficult when a 'space' should have been used but the system ignores the space and evidently just uses the sequence of letters....hmmmm

Daisydoo02
on 1/11/18 11:16 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

You have to go into your settings here on OH and there is a section to "click" allow adult content. Then you will see swear words etc

Rosemi
on 1/11/18 1:06 pm

Oh! Thank you so much! ....you know I've really missed you, thanks again

catwoman7
on 1/11/18 4:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'd much rather have the Hershey's around than Dove. Hershey's is not that great as far as chocolate goes. I won't eat it unless I'm dying for chocolate. Dove is another story. It's wonderful. Our director always brings chocolate to meetings and scatters it around the table. I'm always glad for the days she brings Hershey's....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Daisydoo02
on 1/11/18 5:43 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

It would be pretty damn hard to resist those Dove chocolates, they are awesome.

I sure hope all the flooding and storm damage is getting cleaned up for your schools and in Boston.

Enjoy your new car I can't wait to see a pic!

Ginnny
on 1/11/18 6:10 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Now you have me wanting to try Dove. I've never had them. Perhaps I shouldn't start, if they are anywhere near as delicious as Lindor.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Daisydoo02
on 1/11/18 9:19 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

As delicious or maybe even better than Lindor Ginny. Although Lindor has my heart hands down.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 467 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 302 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics