I have a date!!!!!

Katcando
on 1/16/18 1:01 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

February 26th is my surgery date. I guess I am pretty human because I have so many emotions running around in my head. I am happy, apprehensive, wishing it was sooner because I am ready to move on to a newer healthy lifestyle. Actually, I have already started eating a low carb, fat and sugar way of eating and have lost 12 lbs since my initial visit at the doctor's office. I appreciated all the likes on my last post. They let me know that there are real people out there who totally understand. I would like to hear about the experiences from RNY people who are over 65. Reading posts sounds like so many of you are younger. I wish I had made this decision years ago. Also, interested in hearing from people with type 2 diabetes and how successful in going into remission. I have so many questions and I want to hear from those of you who have been there.

Emiepie
on 1/16/18 1:20 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats on getting your date. Sounds like you are well on your way to a successful journey. Just a little piece of advice, if you haven't started yet it might be helpful to start the no water rule now. For my program it's to stop drinking 30 mins prior to a meal, during the meal and 30-45 mins after the meal. I know for some they are told they can drink up until they take their first bite. I was so used to drinking with meal I am glad I started to form the habit before I "HAD" to do it. Best of luck.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Katcando
on 1/16/18 7:01 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

Thank you for the tip. That is a huge issue for me too. I really need to work on it.

Au_Contraire
on 1/16/18 1:26 pm

Congratulations on your surgery date, and well done in your weight loss! I was 63 when I had my surgery this past June. Now I'm 64, and in just past 7 months, I'm down just over 117 pounds. In so, so many ways I feel so much better. My knees no longer hurt (though I need to target the muscles around them more by doing strengthening exercises). I am beginning to look more like the me I recognize. My physical stamina is much improved. Just in every way, this has been a blessing. I have hypothyroidism and was a little concerned that this could slow my rate of loss, but I am happy with how I have done this far. In fact, I had to have my dosage of thyroid medicine reduced last month, as I had actually become slightly clinically hyperthyroid! Soon I'll have my bloodwork checked to ensure all is well there now. Fortunately, I have never been diabetic, but who knows where I would have ended up? Not in a good place, that's for sure. But many people, including my next door neighbor who had a sleeve gastrectomy, found that their diabetes very quickly - in many cases instantly - went into remission following their WLS. May you experience that too!

Katcando
on 1/16/18 7:06 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

Thank you for responding. It is good to hear someone close to my own age has been so successful. I am hypothyroid also, along with several other issues. Hoping to have positive outcomes for all.

Au_Contraire
on 1/16/18 7:30 pm

Your surgeon sounds great, and you should have a wonderful outcome! Will he have you do a pre-op diet? Mine involved 2 weeks of 4 Bariatric Fusion "shakes" per day (600 calories total). I put "shakes" in quotes because the resulting drinks are very thin, not whipped and thick. No coffee was allowed, nor any other food. But it was all for a good cause! My surgeon is also a Surgeon of Excellence who heads a Bariatric Center of Excellence. I think you will do fabulously! Please keep on posting so we can cheer you on!

Katcando
on 1/17/18 6:03 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

I think he is great. Very thorough. He requires a 30gram or less low fat diet for 4 weeks prior to surgery. No caffeine before or for first 3-4 months post op. The last 2 days pre op are liquid only.

Kathy S.
on 1/17/18 11:15 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Celebration time!!!

Image result for fireworks gif

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/18 9:03 pm

Congrats!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?