What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 1/20/18 4:10 am

Morning weekenders!

well, I just woke up! This is the latest I've slept in, in months! My clock has been so off.

heading to the farm shortly. Will spend some time with family. Hope to get some kind of walk in too. I'm bringing my snowshoes, but we'll see. I'm not sure there's enough snow left....

qotd: the Winter Olympics are just around the corner. Will you be following it? I'm a pretty big Olympic junkie! If you were going to compete, what would your dream sport be?

I love the power of speed skaters. But I think I'd pick ski jumping! For a few seconds, they actually look like they are flying!

accountability: good. I'm back down to my pre Christmas weight, hope the momentum continues.

menu:

B: coffee and premier

L/D: tbd on my day, but I heard dinner for my aunt will be roast chicken, so that.

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/20/18 4:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! We are hoping for enough sun and warmth to be at the pool today. Tomorrow is all around the football games. I am happy to be back down comfortably in my weight range after being up 2 pounds yesterday after eating restaurant prepared Thai food for 2 meals the prior day. Must have been the sodium?

QOTD: Yes, we will watch the Olympics. I enjoy most of the winter sports (not as many of the summer ones). The ice skating is my absolute favorite. I loved ice skating as a kid, but never had any lessons so I was never that good at it.

1 year, 10 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage chees

D: ? (Out to dinner and we haven't decided where yet)

S: Yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 1/20/18 7:43 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Glad it's warming up and you can go swimming!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/20/18 12:06 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It only got to 68 and is cloudy, so no swimming, but I took a couple of really long walks and am finally able to sit on the lanai this afternoon.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kakesie
on 1/20/18 4:46 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Erin and Menu Family!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. (I did read everyone's posts). I went to Omaha (a 6 hour round trip) to take Saralisa to the airport to fly to Washington DC for her internship. My baby bird has flown away from the nest! I'm so proud of her, excited for her, nervous and worried for her, and I am going to miss her something awful! Her internship lasts until early May, but I kind of suspect she may get a job out there after her internship is done, so she has probably left home forever now. I am trying not to eat my feelings of loneliness. I need to keep myself busy so that I don't do that.

QOTD: I love to watch ice skating. I never could do it, but my dream sport would be gliding around on the ice on skates.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 77, Calories - 1,353, Carbs - 153.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: turkey meal

D: beef pot roast

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!

~ Karen

Patty R.
on 1/20/18 5:46 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Hugs--My boys are in the same age range...

Librarian67
on 1/20/18 7:45 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Hang in there and keep cheering Saralisa on.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/20/18 12:08 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You never know where they will end up. My son had his last 2 internships in Napa CA and did take a job there but came home after 18 months or so and is working nearby and living in our finished basement.

karenp8
on 1/20/18 4:46 am - Brighton, IL

Just getting moving here too and have about an hour til I have to get hubby up. Today is already a hungry pouch day as my stress level is high. Hubby has been having persistant shoulder pain for several months and intermittant pain for several years. I finally convinced him to see a doctor as I couldn't take his grouchiness anymore. He had an MRI done Monday and found out yesterday he has a partially torn rotator cuff and will need surgery. He has an appointment Feb 2 with the surgeon. All our carefully planned adventures and mission trips are probably off depending on how soon surgery happens. It's so very disappointing but unavoidable. The thought of being stuck in the house with an extremely moody and crabby invalid is also tearing me apart. Definetely not the news we hoped for,but it is what it is. At least our youngest is back at home so he can help in the evening and give me a chance to get out a bit--if he doesn't kill his dad! Being the emotional eater that I am,I'm going to have to ramp up my vigilance and be persistant in making good choices. I suspect I'll get lots of knitting done too and need to buy stock in the sugar free gum industry. Accountability was good yesterday with no extra bites taken--even though I really wanted to. QOTD I love the Olympics and will be watching all I can find. I'm especially inspired by the Paralympic athletes and their persistance in the face of overwhelming obstacles. How can I make excuses when I see that. If I were athletic(coordinated) I would do either cross country skiing or biathlon which combines skiing cross country and shooting from various positions. Of course living in Illinois I've never even been skiing so neither is likely to happen. I do also like figure skating too. Post op 5 years 4.5 months and weight at 118.4 today. Did much better on liquids yesterday and need to keep the trend going. Going to a cowboy shoot this am to help hubby with some maintenance work at the club--he's not shooting so we won't stay til lunchtime. Lily and I will get our 4 miles in around town after lunch and then I have a mountain of laundry to do and music to run through for church tomorrow. I'll do another mile on the treadmill after supper too. Heres the food for maintenance today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 1 c creamy chicken soup with chicken,mushrooms and veggies D 31/2 oz pork chop 1/2 c green beans S 5 oz cottage cheese with 1 T no sugar added strawberry jam. Have a great day full of no excuses and smart choices everyone!

Patty R.
on 1/20/18 5:50 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Sorry for your stress, but if anyone can reel in the stress eating it's you Karen!! Hoping for a quick recovery for your husband!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 524 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics