What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Kakesie
on 2/18/18 5:57 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Menu Family!

No one has posted yet, so I guess I'll start us off. If someone else posts while I'm working on this I'll delete mine.

I get to go horseback riding today! It's supposed to get up to 55 degrees! YAY!

QOTD: What is the strangest / funniest / cutest / most interesting pet you have ever had? I think the strangest was a baby opossum that fell out of a tree into my daughter's wading pool and was nearly drowned when we found him. We rescued him and took care of him until he grew old enough to let him go at a local lake park. I think ALL my pets are cute (of course), but my baby Dolly (who has passed away), was adorable. Here's a picture of her when she was a puppy.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 80, Calories - 1,205, Carbs - 158.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: hamburger

D: beef & broccoli

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: horseback riding & walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~ Karen

peachpie
on 2/18/18 6:14 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning Karen and pouch peeps! Thanks for starting us- I kept looking, thinking if I start I'll likely cross post with someone else who was starting the post too.

No run today thanks to snow. The roads looked pretty clear - but I didn't want to risk slick spots. I did SWORKIT instead. Have fun horseback riding. Today I have to go to a wrestling tournament for my son. I'm resenting having to go- I'm NOT a sports mom, and this wrestling team is haphazardly run. Son is determined to win a medal, chances are low considering the size of the event and his experience. My hubby will meet us there, cause I'm sick of doing this without him then he lectures me on how I should have coached Collin.

Otherwise today I need to clean my bathroom and build the shower caddy thingy that will replace the current one that rusted out.

Qotd: it's strange that I own ANY pets, cause I feel the same about them as I do about sports. I have a cat, dog and two fish. The fish amaze me cause they were carnival fish. Those never live beyond a week, except mine. It's been maybe 8 years and they are still happily swimming. Go figure.

207.5 today, 2.9 Years out

m1: scrambled egg/egg white, ham steak, 1/2 Belgian waffle

m2/3: need to be portable for the wrestling tournament. Protein bar, shake and maybe a ham/cheese roll.

M4: baby back ribs and corn on the cob

below is a pic of my cat, snickers in her new kitty condo.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Kakesie
on 2/18/18 6:20 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Pretty kitty, Peach. Way to go keeping carnival fish alive for EIGHT years! Wow! Good luck to your son wrestling!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/18/18 6:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Dolly was ADORABLE. Today we are going to a grandmother shower (children's books). Should be fun (great group of women)!

QOTD: The strangest was a ferret my daughter had. They look like a car with a bent frame when they walk (kind of sideways) and they smell weird. My sweetest, most loving, still missed baby was Roon (one of my beagles). She lived for 17 years passing away 14 years ago. I still miss her. I have a mental image of her as the cutest little puppy bundle when we first got her, but the pictures are at home (pre-digital).

1 year, 10.5 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Pork kabobs with peppers

S: Cottage cheese and/or yogurt and/or prosciutto mozzarella stick

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/18 6:18 am, edited 2/18/18 7:10 am

Greek salad with fat free blue cheese dressing. Stuffed grape leaves , tomato, fat free feta cheese , a hard boiled egg with 1/2 yolk only

Skim milk chai tea latte with truvia

baked green apples ( 3) with apple pie and gingerbread spice , butter buds

Air popped popcorn with salt and butter buds

falafel balls ceramic coated pan toasted ( no oil needed )

Homemade frozen "olive loaf" meatloaf w ketchup 2 servings

Large quantity frozen shrimp broiled with Adobe garlic ginger green scallions. Served with nearly fat free peanut/ coconut milk sauce

probably red wine spritzers

maybe- some gardening. Maybe not . I LOVE to horseback ride - good for you Karen. I think I?m going to look into local availability.

Queen JB
on 2/18/18 6:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! New England weather is insane... We woke up to 8" of snow today, and they are predicting 72 degrees on Wednesday! What?

QOTD: Nothing too crazy, but when I was a kid my kitten wa**** by a car, and she lost an eye and an ear and walked with a limp. She was less than a year when it happened but she lived to be 21+ so she was a funny looking cat who scared the neighbors for many years.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Kakesie
on 2/18/18 7:18 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Aww, poor little kitty. I'll bet she was cute even with the missing eye and ear.

Mandi87
on 2/18/18 9:50 am
RNY on 12/08/16

Aw poor baby. That is one tough kitty! Sounds like you guys are having some crazy weather over there. I'd be so happy with 72 degrees though! Send that heatwave my way lol.

Librarian67
on 2/18/18 6:45 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning Karen and weekenders! We had some snow and ice yesterday and I'm glad that I don't have to venture out this morning.

I've been resting and walking and drinking hot herbal tea. I even had a BM this morning which has helped with the abdominal pain.

QOTD: Elvis has a favorite place in my heart. He was a ginger tuxedo cat, a huge tom. He was really smart and handsome and I miss him very much.

My menu is very flexible today based on what settles well in the tummy. I am adding in an extra protein shake and bar to push up my protein since I'm not eating alot. I had a hard boiled egg, ham and oatmeal for breakfast and it hit the spot.

Have a healthy and happy day everyone!

catwoman7
on 2/18/18 6:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Going to my usual meditation class later this morning, then lunch with a new yoga friend at the yoga/meditation studio (they have a very good vegetarian cafe there). Aqua Zumba this evening. Otherwise....??? Hopefully I'll make more headway on a book I'm reading for my book discussion group ("Killers of the Flower Moon" - very good!)

QOTD: we've had about 12 cats (not all at the same time, though!) - most were very cute, and we currently own three former show cats who are beautiful (we got them from a friend after they'd "retired" from the show world, although we did try to bring one of retirement and showed him a couple of times a few years back). I think our youngest one, Kardelen, might be the cutest - but then I'm partial to tortoise shells and her beautiful blue eyes. But I'm going to post a picture of Pamuk. He's not a former show cat - he was a stray - but I love his eyes (they're two different colors). I posted this the other day in another thread (about stray cats), so sorry if this is repeat for some of you!

2 years 8 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1 T tahini mixed in, homemade blackberry/blueberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax latte shake

L: not sure. Maybe half a chickpea sandwich and Brussels sprouts or soup? (at the vegetarian restaurant)

AS: L&F yogurt or 2 T peanut butter on celery sticks

D: (turkey) taco meat with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, and plain Greek yogurt

ex: Aqua Zumba

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views