So today would have been a binge day pre-op..

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/18 11:10 am

From being totally treated as a 24-hour pariah by my vet-offended kittens to frustration not getting a tiny amount of help to access documents necessary to close ..and other bad news .. . I'm having a bad day emotionally

in the past I would have comforted myself with excess food .. and believe me I've been making sketchy choices all day.

This is where I'm Very thankful I only have bariatric friendly foods in my larder.

The truth is baked Kuri squash and vegetarian low-fat samosa bites are just as satisfying and rich tasting as pizza ( and I actually have bariatric friendly low-fat homemade pizza frozen anyway ... just can't find it ).

It's funny in a way that I got up at night and " binged" on nonfat Greek salad ... lol ... a few years ago salad definitely wouldn't have qualified as a binge food ! My system is definitely far more sensitive now - used to and appreciative of far healthier food choices.

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/18 3:58 pm, edited 2/24/18 7:58 am

Try to get through the day/night as best you can and go to bed early and snuggle with your kittens! I have a very soft fluffy fleece faux fur blanket throw that I put on my bed when I want them to snuggle they love it! Kneeding it and purring! The purring is relaxing for us too. Hopefully tomorrow you will feel better. A new day can give you new strength to deal with your problems and they will not seem as bad.

(Edited to fix grammar)

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/18 9:39 am

Ty for that thoughtful and caring reply.

Unfortunately i kind of lost it last night ... i told myself i was only driving to Pet Depot to buy " forgiveness" cat toys.. but somehow i ended up spending sixty something dollars in ALDIS mostly on unhealthy carbs .. and then i walked next door into Rite -Aid home of chili-chocolate, toffefay.. yikes.

Now im looking at bag after bag of " baked " ( so called healthy ) potato chips ... boxes of carby cereal .chocolate bars i never want to consume ...can i bring it back or exchange it for something more healthy ?

MarinaGirl
on 2/25/18 12:08 pm

If you have the receipt you should be able to return the unwanted food; however, confirm the store's return policies as they may be different. Or you can throw it out. What is more important or worth more to you; ingesting $60 worth of crap or tossing $60 worth of crap? Since WLS, I've become much more comfortable getting rid of food that is not good for me, regardless what I've paid for it. I now put a higher premium on what I consume than what I purchase. I don't "save" money by eating processed/junk food anymore.

Lina_Ann
on 2/25/18 10:29 am

Funny, last night I was having a very bad night and needed to binge. Know what I binged on? Boiled cauliflower with a pinch of salt...Lol. My old self would of been stuffing her face with a bag of chips and pizza.

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 331 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics