What's on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 3/21/18 2:11 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi ya'll! How is everyone? I am good. Was saying to my husband last night that I can't believe its April next weekend, I truly can't get over how time flies.

Accountability: perfect, on plan, no extra BLTs!

QOTD: For the people in your life that you have told about your surgery how well do you think they understand all the aspects of post WLS life? My Mom as sweet and nice as she is just does not "get it." I can't tell you how many times she has said to be over the last four years "you don't have to take all those vitamins for life do you?" "You can eat normal again right?" "Are yo always going to eat such a small portion?" "Really you don't drink with your meals?" It goes on and on. I just keep giving her the same answer "Mom this is my new normal, its for life, end of story."

Time since surgery: 4 yrs + 4 months

B: decaf coffee with a capful of Miralax and 2 vanilla PP used as creamer then one Activia vanilla yogurt

L: romaine lettuce/strawberries/goat cheese/pumpkin seeds/2 hard boiled eggs/balsamic dressing

D: 4oz of filet mignon & 1/2 cup steamed green beans

S: SF vanilla pudding

TOTALS: 923 calories, 103 protein, 44 carbs

V: patches are on + oral dry D3 & B12

E: 20 km stationary bike ride + arm day (biceps/triceps/chest/shoulders)

Have a great mid week day!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

MeerKat1994
on 3/21/18 2:44 am
RNY on 05/09/17

Morning!

Time really is flying! You're right, April will be here in no time. I know for me, this semester has been flying by. But so far, it's been my best semester in college. I dropped out a year ago because I was failing (went from a 3.8 gpa to a 0.0, yep. I didn't get out of bed to even attend finals). This semester I have a 4.0! I honestly credit a lot of that to losing weight. I feel like I have control of my present and my future now. Love it!

QUOTD: My family has been incredibly. My mom has encouraged me to be strict and not to go off plan. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a great understanding of what healthy is. So she tries to keep my on track by buying me gluten free foods, because for whatever reason she associates GF with health? I think she may think GF means low carbs.

I have some friends, however, that are really proud of my loss, but unknowing try to sabotage my loss. Comments to just try it, or "it's not that much," or "you have to treat yo ser".i don't think they are trying to sabotage my progress, I just think they don't understand what it means to live healthy. One of my closest friends who does this all time is currently on one of those multi level marketing schemes shake program. She's done it before, lost a bunch of weight, then as soon as she quit she gained it all back. Frustrating.

M:

1. Eggs and sausage!
  2. Tuna
  3. jerky roll
  4. chicken

pc123
on 3/21/18 5:14 pm
RNY on 12/19/17

Kudoes to you for persevering with coursework! I teach at a community college and am always humbled by the adversity that my students face and overcome. Wishing you the best.

PC. HW: 275 11/08. Pre Op: 212 on 12/17/18 CW 149

1wk: -5, M1-20 M2&M3-15 , M4-M6:-15.8 M7:-8?

Cheryl N.
on 3/21/18 5:15 pm - Des Moines, WA
On March 21, 2018 at 9:44 AM Pacific Time, MeerKat1994 wrote:

Morning!

Time really is flying! You're right, April will be here in no time. I know for me, this semester has been flying by. But so far, it's been my best semester in college. I dropped out a year ago because I was failing (went from a 3.8 gpa to a 0.0, yep. I didn't get out of bed to even attend finals). This semester I have a 4.0! I honestly credit a lot of that to losing weight. I feel like I have control of my present and my future now. Love it!

QUOTD: My family has been incredibly. My mom has encouraged me to be strict and not to go off plan. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a great understanding of what healthy is. So she tries to keep my on track by buying me gluten free foods, because for whatever reason she associates GF with health? I think she may think GF means low carbs.

I have some friends, however, that are really proud of my loss, but unknowing try to sabotage my loss. Comments to just try it, or "it's not that much," or "you have to treat yo ser".i don't think they are trying to sabotage my progress, I just think they don't understand what it means to live healthy. One of my closest friends who does this all time is currently on one of those multi level marketing schemes shake program. She's done it before, lost a bunch of weight, then as soon as she quit she gained it all back. Frustrating.

M:

1. Eggs and sausage!
  2. Tuna
  3. jerky roll
  4. chicken

What is jerky roll?

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

MeerKat1994
on 3/21/18 2:46 am
RNY on 05/09/17

Also, your lunch sounds so stinkin tasty. Yum!

Kakesie
on 3/21/18 3:56 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Family!

Happy First Day of SPRING! YAY!!! I'm so ready for nice weather! My daughter is very supportive. She "scolds me" if I eat something off plan. However she could stand to lose a little weight herself and I don't want her following in my footsteps, so I wish she would eat a little healthier herself. Also, it's kind of hard when she eats fattening food in front of me.

Accountability: I've been eating good foods but I've been eating a few more calories lately because I still seem to be losing weight and I'm ready to maintain my weight loss where it is.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: stuffed peppers

D: general tso's spicy chicken

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a WONDERFUL First day of Spring everyone!

~ Karen

Emiepie
on 3/21/18 6:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

How is Saralisa doing? Do you get to see her soon?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kakesie
on 3/21/18 8:17 am
RNY on 02/19/16

She's doing well, Kelly, thanks so much for asking! I talk to her every day on Facebook, but she won't be back home until after May 6th. I miss her, but it's nice talking to her every day.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/21/18 4:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. I can't believe it is spring already. When we go to Boston for a couple of days next week there will probably still be snow on the ground!

QOTD: Interesting question. DH of course doesn't question much, but SIL is supportive. Of course she has always been slim and possibly eats even less food than I do (definitely less protein). DS is always asking why I can't eat more when it is a special meal and DD thinks I must feel very deprived though I try to explain that this is not the case at all.

1 year, 11.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: burger with sauerkraut (no bun)

D: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

S: Yogurt and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Writergurl08
on 3/21/18 4:27 am, edited 3/20/18 9:27 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Still in my three week stall which I believe has lasted nearly three weeks as well. I lost 1.5 lbs during CAMAW week and nothing since. I know its normal but I feel like its taking forever to come out of it? Or is this normal? Have my menus been way off track? Im eating less than 500 calories a day, usually closer to 400.

Qotd: OH ate the rest of my post, so I'll just give you the TLDR version: those closest to me are very supportive as they are RNYers too, others don't get it but that's ok. Most are coming from a good place either way.

Breakfast: 2 oz leftover turkey taco meat with sprinkle of cheese and dollop of hot sauce.

Protein shake

lunch: 2 oz shredded chicken with gravy

dinner: 2.5 oz shrimp grilled on a skewer with chili lime seasoning

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics