What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 3/24/18 3:40 am

Morning weenders!!

spring is trying so hard you guys! I'm willing it forward by breaking out some spring clothes! What's everyone got planned for the weekend? I'm off to a sugar camp,(r.i.p. carb count) it's about an hour away, and on the return trip, we're planning on stopping in a few small towns, so we're making a day of it.

qotd: what's a good habit you have for staying on track. Is it posting on the menu thread? Logging your food, having specific foods you just don't eat? A 80-20 rule?

accountability: good all week, since I knew this outing was coming.

menu:

B:coffee and premier

L: at the sugar camp, I'll have maple sausage and probably a slice of French toast.

D: tbd on when we come home.

Have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Writergurl08
on 3/24/18 4:01 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I wish my cat could understand that on the weekends I don't need to be up at 5 AM. Sigh.

DH wanted to see Pacific Rim last night. Not exactly my cup of tea, but he's a 12 year old boy at heart so giant robots and monsters made him happy.

Qotd: both logging my food in MyFitnessPal and coming here to remind myself that people can be and stay successful!

accountability: skipped my planned dinner because I filled up on samples at Costco. I had a shooter of lobster bisque, a bit of Noosa yogurt, a little piece of salmon, a bite of pork chop, and a piece of bourbon chicken. It wasn't exactly out of controlled eating though--DH told me about going to the movie while I was there and I wasn't going to have time to go back and eat at home, but I knew if I didn't eat, the movie theater food wasn't worth my eating (it's the Alamo Drafthouse, which serves actual entrees)

tbreakfast: 1 egg, 1 chicken sausage link

lunch: tuna packet

dinner: lobster tail

ill have a protein shake in there somewhere, and want to push for more water

E: elliptical for 30 mins

Vitamins: check!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/24/18 4:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I am doing laundry, cleaning, etc. today and we are going to the beach tomorrow (yeah!). We are also getting Justice used to his new travel bag for going home on the plane in mid April. He doesn't love going in, but settles down pretty quickly. We took him for a good length walk in it last night. Our goal is for it to feel like a regular day for him when we travel home (or at least not be scary).

QOTD: Tough question to not write a lot about because I've been thinking about my 2 year surgiversary coming up this week. The #1 thing is probably going onto OH daily to post on the menu threads, in the VSG maintenance group and read/respond to other posts. Many other habits like tracking, weighing daily, protein first, etc.

Almost 2 years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Grilled pork loin or chicken, veggies

S: Yogurt with blueberries and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 3/24/18 4:48 am - Brighton, IL

Up early doing laundry to get ready for work Monday. We have 4 more days to work here then start the next Monday at Outdoor Wilderness Learning Center in Dubach Louisiana. We've pulled and drug brush around the pond,cleared new walking trails,cleaned cabins and are painting cabin floors now. Its been fun meeting people from other parts of the country and being the most agile and mobile person here. I've had plenty of energy each day to work and then walk 4 miles with Li,y in the evening. None of it would have been possible 6 years ago! QOTD posting here every day I can and remembering where I came from--before pic is posted on the frig. Post op 5 years 6.75 months and weight at 118 today. Heres the eats B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 1/2 c chicken salad 3 baby carrots D 4 oz strip steak 1/2 c green beans S sm apple 1 T peanut butter. Have a great day full of smart choices everyone!

pinyee
on 3/24/18 5:48 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Good morning all.. Trying to get back in the habit of posting on here... I can do this just need to make it a priority. This weekend is playing catch up from being in DC visiting our daughter last weekend and tonight we are going to the college my husband works at to watch the Spring musical Guys & Dolls. A few of the major players are friends of my daughters so it is good to support the local arts.

Well I did it this morning ordered my daughters graduation announcements I can't believe she will be graduating college! I was waiting for her to decide which major she wanted listed on top she double majored so both get listed. It took forever for her to decide and she finally did. Nothing like waiting to the last minute child of mine!

QOTD: Honestly lately I have had no good habits other than remembering to take my vitamins and eat. I need to get my rear in gear and be better about all things for me. Work has consumed me to much in the past few months and it needs to stop...

Food for the day:

B: egg bites and coffee coffee coffee

L: pepperoni and cheese

D: we are going out to dinner and at this restaurant I love the Jambalaya so I will get that and ask them to hold the rice.

Hope everyone has a great day....

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 3/24/18 6:09 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Happy Saturday!

not a lot planned for today. Just gonna work on laundry and cleaning the house.

QOTD: I try to stay on track by logging on my fitness pal and by meal prepping.

B:protein shake

L: yogurt

D: ricotta bake

e: walking

w&V

ScottAndrews
on 3/24/18 6:26 am, edited 3/23/18 11:27 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

QOTD: I still get up every morning and get a nice walk in. 10,000 steps/day is the minimum so you have to start early if you want to achieve that. And you can't let bad weather be an excuse. So far I've reached it every day since Jan 1st but I've gone for longer stretches last year. I think 120 days was my old record that got busted on Christmas. Also I'm generally fasting in the morning. Almost all of my calories are consumed between 12-8pm.

Amy Liz
on 3/24/18 7:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone~ Yay, it's Saturday! We are going to Santa Barbara for the day -a little work and a little play. It's supposed to be sunny and I'm looking forward to a beautiful day.

QOTD - The best habit I think I have is weighing daily. I know it doesn't work for everyone but even during times when I am not doing my *******ways know where I am at on the scale therefore no denial. The second thing would be coming here daily. While I have gone dark during some difficult times I know this is the best way to stay fully present and mindful of my journey and goals.

Accountability - good

16 mo post op - 170.2 up .7 from yesterday

b-coffee x 1000 w/HC and splenda, 2 scrambled eggs w/cheddar

l-TDB

d-corned beef and cabbage

v/l - on track

lots of walking today

Have a wonderful day all!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 3/24/18 8:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

Got up early to do my PT exercises (he gave me even more to do yesterday) and to go to sunrise yoga. Now having coffee with DH. Not sure what's on tap for today, but we were talking about seeing "I, Tonya" at our second-run movie theatre. Hopefully I can keep my hands out of the popcorn (because I know DH will get some....). Will probably hit the grocery store sometime today, too. Otherwise, not much...

QOTD: weighing daily and tracking everything I eat. I didn't do this consistently with my pre-op losses, and I always gained the weight back. Watching like it a hawk this time...

2 years 9 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 2 T Crio Bru grounds and 2 T pomegranate seeds

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax shake

L: maybe chili

D: not sure. Maybe a Chinese stir-fry dish with chicken & veggies (no rice)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

peachpie
on 3/24/18 11:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Afternoon folks! First opportunity I've had to post today. Did my run early, ate breakfast and BJ's shopping and errands are done. We have marriage ministry tonight but I really don't feel like it.

Qotd: my best habits are tracking daily in my fitness pal, exercise and being repitious about what I eat. I have a nice roster of meals, thinking of new things would stress me out big time. I do not mind monotony.

210 today, 2.10 years out

m1: egg, 2oz ham, hash brown

m2: chili chicken

m3/?

M4:: meatballs with cheese

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?