What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers

Daisydoo02
on 4/23/18 2:01 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Its Monday! How are you all? How was your weekends? Mine was good. We had amazing weather, the sun was out, it was t-shirt weather and it makes me feel so happy.

Accountability: 100% on plan

QOTD: If you had unlimited funds and the ability to take a month vacation off from work what would you do and where would you go? Hubby and I talked about this last night. We would go to England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Spain, Italy and maybe Germany, Poland & Russia.

Time since surgery:4 yrs + 6 months

B: decaf all day with vanilla PP used as creamer

L: cucumber slices with jalapeno laughing cow

S: Chicken soup protein powder

D: 2 slices of turkey breast/1 slice of swiss cheese + mustard

S: activia yogurt

totals: 696 calories, 104 protein, 29 carbs

V: patches are on + extra D3 and extra B12

E: I have been cleared for exercise (YAY!) so doing one hour of step and one hour of muscle pump

Have a really great start to your week everyone

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

MeerKat1994
on 4/23/18 2:23 am
RNY on 05/09/17

Morning!

Been mia because final exam are coming up and all of my free time has been going to studying.

QUOTD: ugh. I want to do everything. If I had one month, I would break into down into one week in Europe (Prague , Italy, Germany) then 1 week in Africa (South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho) 1 week in Asia/middle east region (India, Nepal, Israel, Turkey) then end with in Week in Hawaii.

If if I ever get married I would love to ditch the big wedding and have a long honeymoon in several countries. Then in every country do something that the locals do for a traditional wedding there.

Menu:

1. Premier
  2. yogurt
  3. egg and morning star sausage
  4. chicken roll up
  5. morning Star chicken strips w okra

700 calories, 95 protein, 32 carbs. Fat is low so I may add some butter to my coffee (50 calories)

MeerKat1994
on 4/23/18 2:26 am
RNY on 05/09/17

Also:

Do you guys take potassium? Mfp always says I'm super low in it. Any ideas if I need to supplement/add in a food?

Kakesie
on 4/23/18 5:23 am
RNY on 02/19/16

My family doctor has me on Klor-con, a potassium supplement. I eat a banana every day, but am still low in potassium.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/23/18 7:24 am

Potassium and sodium - I have to add things to make sure I get enough. Very hard work.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Queen JB
on 4/23/18 3:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! I'm not sure where this weekend went... I did a lot of meal prep on Saturday and I have a TON of food to eat this week, which is great because I have been so bored with all of my options lately. And when I am bored, I skip meals, then overeat other stuff later. I really need to be better about not straying from my food plan.

Good news--I kept at it with the vertigo exercises and it finally worked! I was not dizzy yesterday for the first time in at least three weeks. It is amazing to feel "normal" again. I am super motivated and plan to spend a good amount of time exercising today to make up for all of that time off.

QOTD: Ahhhhh I have the travel bug so bad right now. I have a few different plans. One is for a month in Europe to see every museum. Another is for a a long beach trip to the Seychelles Islands. I would also love to do a month in Japan. And last, I loved having a whole week in New York City last year and I think it would be amazing to have a full month.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Insert Fitness
on 4/23/18 3:31 am

Morning!

i had a great weekend! I think this week is going to be crazy at work, so I'm psyching myself up!

qotd: unlimited funds eh? I think spending a month in Italy would be great. It's on my list,but I'm reality will prob be about 2 weeks max. Israel is another one. But with unlimited funds, probably some kind of luxurious island hopping in the pacific or something.

Accountability: on point!

menu:

B: premier and coffee

L: Thai tuna with sliced cucumber

D: egg roll in a bowl type stir fry I think

S: cottage cheese, and/ or Greek yogurt if needed with frozen strawberries

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Librarian67
on 4/23/18 3:58 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning menu folks! I had a nice weekend, but it was WAY too short. I did some OT both Saturday and Sunday, but I also got out to enjoy some sunshine and warmer weather. Saturday I got in a good swim but Aqua Zumba was cancelled. Then in the afternoon, I did a 5 mile walk. Yesterday I skipped the pool and did an eight mile hike. It was my first real hike of the season and it felt good to get my boots on and get out. I hope to get in one or two more before my PS.

QOTD: Wow! I would love to get in more travel but the real hindrance is that my wife's mobility is getting more limited. We probably could do a month's road trip that I'd like to include a drive across the US and Canada. I'd love to visit France and Italy too and go back to England, Ireland, Scotland and Switzerland, but that probably wouldn't be possible.

Menu:

Breakfast: ham, eggs

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, cantaloupe, cashews

Lunch: chicken breast, collards

Snack: turkey breast, apple, almonds

Dinner: not sure

Exercise: 5 mile walk and maybe Aqua Zumba

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Writergurl08
on 4/23/18 4:03 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I could have slept several more hours this morning I think.

Yesterday I spent outdoors, repotting a few plants to give to friends, and I also planted out my broccoli and Brussels sprouts plants and did a few other odd garden jobs.

Today is my first endocrinologist appointment since before surgery and I'm going to see what my A1c is at right now. According to my own blood testing, I've been in normal ranges starting a week after surgery, and over the phone she told me I could reduce my meds as long as my numbers held steady. I reduced them to nothing! So we'll see if she thinks I need to be put back on something.

Qotd: I'd also travel to Ireland for sure, my great grandma (who is still living) was born there and apparently her childhood home is still standing. I'm kind of a homebody though, so the second half of my month would probably be spent at home, maybe reading and gardening :)

breakfast: coffee and Premier

lunch: leftover BBQ from DH's birthday dinner last night. He and I shared a meal, then split the leftovers for our lunches. I have a rib tip and about 2 oz of BBQ chicken, and a bite or two of baked beans.

Dinner: it might be clean out the fridge night, leftovers are accumulating.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/23/18 4:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! It is sunny again today after a good weekend. Justice took tons of walks and likes all the new smells. DS has fallen in love with him and bought him a bunch of toys. And Chiquita has perked up and is acting friendly (amazing)!

QOTD: We actually are going to Northern Ireland, Scotland and France for almost 3 weeks in September. In a way, it is a gift from MIL, as it is being paid for out of DH's inheritance. If we could extend to a months, I'd probably add on Greece and Italy.

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp

S: Deli turkey with mustard or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks, yogurt

Picture from yesterday (for those not on FB):

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views