What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 4/28/18 4:23 am

Good morning weekenders!

its a rainy, grey day here, but that's ok, good excuse to be lazy!

going to putter around the house this morning. This afternoon we're attending a cousins first classical solo performance.

what about you guys? What's on the plan for the day?

qotd: how often have you moved? Growing up, we never moved. My parents are still in the same house. But from the time I was 17, until I moved in with my now husband, I never stayed anywhere more than a year. I spent most of my 20s moving around, changing apartments or traveling. We've been in this house for 7 ish years, and have decided to stay 5 more. Such a strange feeling to settle down, and I won't lie, it took a lot longer to than I expected.

its just starting to feel like a home. Weird.

Accountability: went to the movies, there was popcorn. But I planned for it. I was on point all week, and anytime I wavered, I thought do you want this now, or do you want popcorn at the movies. ..

menu: other than coffee and premier, it's all up in the air really. But protein forward.

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Just4me7
on 4/28/18 4:37 am

It will be sunny today and around 80°. Dah and I planned on getting tomato plants put in but he has a bad cold and so we'll probly go to Dr instead. Also I have a mt Everest of laundry to climb, ugh.

Yesterday was liquids, today-repeat.

QOTD our family moved a lot growing up. Maybe because I'm the oldest of 6 kids so mom and dad had to keep getting a bigger house? Once married, I moved a few times to get a better house. We've been in this hous2.5 years. We built this one as our retirement home. Our previous home , we lived there 20 years. Longest ever.

Have a good one!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/28/18 4:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! No specific plans this weekend other than to get outside when the weather allows. This afternoon is supposed to be nice, but I think there is rain tomorrow. Oh yeah, and I have to pay the bills (tomorrow definitely).

QOTD: Hmmm... I moved 4 times prior to moving out of my family home. Then between that time and buying my first house with my husband, I moved 8 times. Including the move to our first home, we have moved 4 times. So 16 in total (over 63 years). I guess that averages to once every 4 years, which is almost the the same cycle as my dieting prior to WLS, which started a year or so after I moved away from my family home!

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Marinated pork tenderloin

S: mozzarella/prosciutto sticks, apple

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 4/28/18 5:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

mornin'!

I'm sitting in a hotel in the Chicago suburbs. This is the third time in the last couple of weeks, I think! We're picking up cousin #1 at 9:00, then heading to downtown Chicago to meet up with cousin #2 for brunch. Meanwhile, I just had breakfast at the hotel - I don't think I can wait 'til 10:30 or 11:00 to eat...I'd blow it! The brunch will be my lunch - then I'm guessing we'll have an early-ish dinner (around 5:00 or so).

QOTD: We lived in six cities when I was a kid. As an adult (and young adult), not counting college-related places, I've lived in three different cities, but I've lived in six different apts/houses in my current location. We've lived in the same house for 20 years now, though - that's four times longer than my next-longest place! After all that moving, I put my foot down - the next move will be to a retirement center!

2 years 10 months out:

B: one scrambled egg, sausage patty, 1/2 C fresh fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein/Miralax shake (although will probably just sip on this all day due to the "frontloading" of food today (breakfast + brunch)

L: I may just get the Greek yogurt parfait (already checked the restaurant menu!)

D: ??

ex: lots of walking around!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 4/28/18 5:37 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Hectic day today! I'm driving to South Dakota to shoot some engagement photos for a college friend, and on my way there I'm stopping through my hometown to deliver plants to family members I started seeds for, going through some clothes a friend saved for me, hitting up my hometowns annual secondhand book sale, and taking my sister to a birthday lunch. Then I'll head to the photo shoot location, and on my way back down through my hometown, I'll stop and visit another friend. Phew!

qotd: we moved at least 3-4 times growing up that I can remember, more before that when my dad was in the Navy (but I was a baby). Like you, my early adulthood was spent apartment jumping, with the occasional move back home between apartments or roommates. I married husband #1, and we moved into our own apartment, but I was divorced before our 2nd anniversary and then I was more or less homeless, so I couch surfed for a few months until I moved back in with my mom. She had sold the big house we grew up in and my brother was living in her only spare room, but he moved out and I moved in! I started dating current DH, and moved into his house about a year after we started dating, and I've been here ever since (4 years now and it still doesn't feel like mine). We will move next year into a bigger house, where we plan on living out the rest of our lives until old age determines otherwise :)

Due to hectic schedule, menu is kind of up in the air, but I'll have a protein shake before we head out, and my sister chose Texas Roadhouse for her birthday lunch so I'm sure I'll have steak. Maybe split a 6 oz with DH and vegetables for a side. Dinner is ???

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

karenp8
on 4/28/18 5:40 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends. Plans today include 2 big piles of laundry including bed linens from the camper. I have to start cleaning out there this week to get ready to go to Indiana on Mothers Day to work at a church camp there for 3 weeks. Also spending the day with hubby--its his birthday--and going to a bluegrass concert with him tonight. Post op 5 years 8 months weight 118.8 today. QOTD we moved 4 times between my birth and grade 2 because my parents divorced and we relocated. Then after college I moved 2 more times before I met my hubby and moved in with him. I've been in this house now 26 years. Lily and I have our 4 miles in and will do another this afternoon. Accountability stunk as I wanted to eat all the food and did eat a big chunk of unplanned junk. That is all I have to say on that. Today is another chance to make good choices. Heres the food plan for today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 1 c butter bean soup D hubby gets to choose as its his birthday but it will be protein forward S sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Have a great Saturday all. I have to round up the clothes and most importantly find some COFFEE!

Kakesie
on 4/28/18 6:07 am
RNY on 02/19/16

What? Wonder Woman Karen who walks like crazy and is SOOO awesome, is actually human and had a day where you ate something unplanned? I'm glad to know you occasionally eat "junk" like the rest of us, do, Karen.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/28/18 6:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I find that the morning reset weighing is critical to resetting my mind!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 4/28/18 6:16 am - Brighton, IL

That's why I step on the scale first thing every morning. It even went on the trip with us too. I got to 273 by never stepping on a scale and have no intention of going there again. Yes I do struggle some days even after almost 6 years. The fat girl is still in there and some days she tries really hard to get back out. It's a battle for sure each and every day.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/28/18 6:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Me too. I think it keeps us vigilant! You are one of my models of course.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 563 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 338 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 369 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 8 views
Recent Topics