What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 4/29/18 3:43 am

Good Morning!

I'm about to head to the farm for the day.

They are calling for rain, so I probably won't get much done outside. But we have a few crafting projects to work on for my nephew's first birthday coming up! (Yeah, we are going overvboard in case any one is curious hahahah)

qotd: where are you in your "journey" pre op? Losing phase? Maintenance? Working on regain? Let's do a weekender round up!

im 18 months post op, and I've lost 220 ish pounds. I've been maintaining that loss since Christmas. I would like to lose 15 more, to get to a healthy BMI. Then, we'll see where I go from there.

It's funny, that last 15, has felt so insurmountable until I wrote down how much I've lost so far... of course I can do that!

accountability: on point, we went to a Japanese bbq place for dinner.

menu:

premier and americano on the road. Then it's all up in the air. My mom mentioned she has bacon and eggs planned for brunch.

Have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/29/18 4:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We are getting rain later too, but it is nice out now so I should get my act in gear and go for a walk!

QOTD: I've been in maintenance in my goal range for 17 months now. I recently realized that over the winter my weight average had creeped up by 2 pounds more than it had been previously (I weigh daily so it fluctuates a bit). That may sound like a very small amount, but 2 leads to 5 leads to 10, etc. Getting that 2 pounds dropped is really difficult. First because I'm used to eating more calories and second because losing weight at this point is SO SLOW. I'm getting there (have been trying to do this for a couple of weeks). I expect I will need to try to stay under 800 calories for another week or so to really stick where I want to be. For those early on, I can say that maintenance is a challenge especially past the 18-24 month point. It feels like my metabolism has reverted back to what it was pre-WLS. The good thing is that I am so much better prepared to know what to eat and to use my small capacity to stay low (to lose that pesky 2 pounds).

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

Repeat of yesterday because it worked well:

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Marinated pork tenderloin

S: mozzarella/prosciutto sticks, apple

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 4/29/18 6:02 am - Brighton, IL

Beautiful sunny day here in Illinois and Lily and I have our 4 miles(actually 4.13 miles) done already. Heading to church in a bit and then the plan is to do some housecleaning and a short walk this afternoon. Accountability was spot on yesterday with no extra bites taken. QOTD I had my surgery 5 years and 8 months ago and have been in my happy weight place between 118 and 123 for 5 years. My starting weight was 273 and I'd been obese most of my life.Itry to stay near the low end of my range because I have severe RA and cant take the drug of choice for pain--NSAIDS-- anymore. Less weight makes for less knee pain. Weight today is 118.6. Heres the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 1 c butter bean soup last of the leftovers D 4 oz pork patty 1/2 c green beans S sm apple with peanut butter(1 T). Have a great day full of smart and conscious choices. Off to find some coffee!

Writergurl08
on 4/29/18 6:02 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I'm about to get dressed and head out to the garden, but first I'm having a morning snuggle with one of the kitties. I'm hoping to plant green beans, snap peas, and onions today in the veggie garden, and some daylilies in the flower garden. Then laundry this afternoon.

Qotd: I'm fresh into the losing phase and still on some surgical food restrictions. no raw fruits and veggies yet, and no bread/pasta/rice etc, however I plan on avoiding those even once I'm "allowed."

breakfast: coffee w/Premier Protein.

lunch: apple Gouda chicken sausage, steamed broccoli

Dinner: pork temple cutlets, asparagus

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

peachpie
on 4/29/18 6:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning RNY'ers. So yesterday I finished building the retaining wall for my yard. Digging and moving & placing seventy 20lb pavers led to a huge calorie burn which gave me a big weight drop this morning. I did still run today but took it slow. I don't feel incredibly sore- but I took Tylenol while working yesterday and again this morning. Today I'll go get a pedicure. I also want a decent dinner. I kind of skimped by all week. I discovered raspberry sorbet yesterday and heaven help me today. Man it's yummy!!

qotd: I'm 3 years, 1 day post op. I'd like to create a new post op category: trying not to regain. So its not that my mind is closed to losing more- nor am I totally thrilled with where I am now, so I don't consider myself maintaining. I'm in WLS purgatory lol.

207.5 today, 3 years out

m1: egg, pancake, orange

M2: turkey burger, pickles, cheese

m3: ? Debating

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Maddymoe2
on 4/29/18 6:58 am, edited 4/28/18 11:58 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. I need to get in the habit of posting every day! I read, but don't post.

QOTD- I am approx 1 yr 5 months out.I would like to say that I am in the losing phase. I am struggling to lose the last 15-20 lbs. I feel like I am losing and gaining back the same 5 lbs. I am becoming too relaxed with the carbs. I am having "just a bite". I need to get serious! I am going to do CAMAW this week and see how it goes and log every bite. I have also decided to make an appt this week to see a new therapist that deals with eating disorders. I feel like I am struggling with so many things in my head.

My husband I and I are headed to Lowes today. The sun is shining and he and I need some time together.

B- 3 oz black forest ham, 1 egg

S-chomps

L-tuna mixed with cottage cheese, green onion and pickles

D- grilled hamburger patty.

Have a good day everyone.

Mandi87
on 4/29/18 10:21 am
RNY on 12/08/16

Sounds like we're pretty much in the same boat. I've been bouncing the same 5 pounds back and forth for months now. Can't seem to get it together! I was planning to do CAMAW again starting Monday too. Let's be each other's cheer leaders. We can do this!

catwoman7
on 4/29/18 7:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we got home from Chicago late last night. DH wanted to spend the night down there again, but I desperately needed to get away from restaurant eating. Not that I've made bad choices, but my calorie level easily gets too high when I'm eating out all the time. Plus God knows how many hidden calories there are in restaurant food - they may be dumping stuff in there that I don't when I'm making it myself. Anyway, too many of those days in a row and my weight heads north. So we're home - and I'm glad to be back to my routine!!

I'm currently at my yoga studio enjoying a cup of coffee in the cafe. I love the peaceful feeling in here (too bad the coffee is pricey, or I'd come here a lot more often!). Meditation class starts in an hour. Then we'll probably run some errands - then it's Aqua Zumba this evening.

QOTD: I'm almost three years out and have been in maintenance for the last 1.5 years. At my lowest I was 138 (which lasted about five minutes), but it was really too low for me. I'm 5'6" and have a large frame and am pretty muscular. I now hover in the 147-150 range. I wish I could get back below 145, but it's a struggle to even stay at 147-150. Plus I had a DEXA scan done last year when I was 146, and my body fat was 22%, which is fairly lean - so this current range is probably a good one for me, especially since I am in my late 50s. And since it can be a struggle to stay in this range, it would be really tough to go back to 138 - or even low 140s. Not sure how long I could sustain the level of discipline it would take to be there - so here I sit. Now I freak out - and spring into action - when I get to 150. Despite the fact it's a constant challenge, it's one I'm OK with. It takes weighing, measuring, logging, and tracking - plus a moderate amount of exercise - but nothing too extreme or unsustainable.

2 years 10 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, fresh raspberries

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax chocolate latte shake

L: either 2 chicken meatballs with Asian-style slaw, or some tuna salad (made with Greek yogurt)

AS: L&F yogurt?

D: the other half of the pulled pork sandwich that I got last night (at a restaurant in Chicago)

ex: Aqua Zumba

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 4/29/18 9:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Sunday everyone! I enjoyed my first cup off coffee out on the patio, with a nice cool breeze, then the temp started to rise so I'm inside now. Today I need to do some laundry, pack for two upcoming trips (I get back from one and the next day leave for the other). I also told myself I could buy a pair of new pants when I lost 50 lbs.....guess where I am this morning? -50 is the first weight related milestone I set for myself so yay. Also going to get fitted for a new bra because pretty sure all 50lbs I lost were from my chest.

Accountability - I had to change my recipe for the egg bites I made yesterday so ended up a little lower on calories, protein and carbs -- but did still hit the 60. Also created my own weights/calisthenic workout because I was bored -- and I could feel it when I woke up this morning. I am hoping that's a good sign!

QOTD - I am just over 10 weeks post op so still in the losing phase.

Menu

B - Coffee & PP + an egg bite

S - Coffee & PP

L - 3 oz roast beef plus one slice cheddar

D - Baby Bel

Totals: 550 Calories, 61 protein, 8 carbs

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mandi87
on 4/29/18 10:14 am
RNY on 12/08/16

Good morning! Another day up in the air. I have to say that it's really nice having no plans or obligations. Definitely going to take the dogs out for a long walk, but other than that, we have no plans :)

qotd: I'm 16 months post op and still wanting to get off 30 pounds. I'm starting to really struggle and panic that I won't be able to make that happen. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I didn't realize it would be this hard. I want to karate chop everyone who makes comments about how wls is "the easy way out"... They have no idea.

b- hubby made a surprise breakfast (so I've already screwed up my day with that. Yikes!)

l- syntrax (and nothing else!!!)

d- filet mignon in the sous vide and a couple green beans

s- syntrax mixed with fage yogurt

v- patches

e- dog walk/jog

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?