POOL or ViEW- which would You choose?

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/18 4:34 am

I traveled South to buy a condo off-season in a warm climate - partially because I realize how great regularly exercising in the winter makes me feel . Here I have workout buddies and the opportunity to either swim in a great sal****er pool an hour each morning or to buy an amazing penthouse with gorgeous views but where I'd only get to swim as a guest in that pool say three times a week .

There are other excercise possibilities - swimming in the lagoon across the street ( bu****ch out for Jaws! ) walking even rollerblading ... so theoretically I could work out every day but mostly alone if I buy the condo without the great pool.

The pool building has a decent condo too but it's second-tier ( in other words not directly ocean facing but one back) and it requires work for almost exactly the same price .

Would you compromise your living space for everyday access to an amazing pool and dedicated workout buddies? Thanks!

Au_Contraire
on 5/5/18 4:53 am, edited 5/4/18 10:05 pm

I'm not advising you to do the same, but for me, at this point anyway, a really gorgeous view would trump the pool. I know it makes me sound like an impossible snowflake, but beauty really affects me. I notice it keenly, and it always elevates my mood. A killer view would impact me throughout the entire day as opposed to for an hour or so of daily access to a great pool. But a case could be made in either direction, and the benefits of wonderful exercise have an impact well beyond the time spent actively engaged in it, as well. Good luck and I hope you really love your new place!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/5/18 5:24 am, edited 5/4/18 10:24 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

If it was me, I?d go with the view - you already identified a way to use the pool a few times a week and I?m sure there?s other gyms/pools you could find. Those seem to be more common/more accessible than an amazing view! That?s just me though ? make a list of pros and cons for each decision as well as what you consider critical and it will help guide you to the right one for you!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/5/18 5:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I agree - the view would win for me.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

selhard
on 5/5/18 6:08 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Vote: amazing penthouse, gorgeous view, swim three times a week

White Dove
on 5/5/18 6:28 am - Warren, OH

The sal****er pool and I would use it daily at least once, most days twice. Morning and evening. Then take a walk and look at the views.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/18 3:29 am, edited 5/5/18 8:36 pm

White Dove... you?re far more of an excercise hero than me lol ... I feel very virtuous if I get a brisk walk warmup and then an hour of swimming in each morning.

I had a long layoff after WLS - I suppose I HAD to experiment some after so many years doing competitive sports training relentlessly for same and then just easily switching to ? cardio? to lose weight ( supposedly) . In my case ? cardio ? sculpted a beautiful well working body but I was still slightly ( and extremely frustratingly ) noticeably over my ideal weight.

I?m really enjoying daily workouts now in the new place ... but I?m not sure I can sustain the effort . I?m tending to agree with most posters that the home trumps all and I can find another way to excercise on the non-pool guest days .

Thanks so much for weighing in :) (((()))) I really appreciate all my OH friends ? kind advice

Grim_Traveller
on 5/6/18 3:32 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Whatever kind of exercise you end up choosing, make sure you run it by your doctor first. Some kinds of exercise while pregnant could be dangerous.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/6/18 7:59 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I was coming to say this. Rollerblading is far too risky while pregnant.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/18 12:44 pm

Lol:)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views