What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 5/6/18 3:26 am

ack My iPad just crashed and ate my post!

Thanks for getting us started yesterday cat woman!

i was at the farm and they had a crazy storm that knocked out the power for a little while, and the internet is still down! We got home late last night.

Today is mostly about food and life prep for the week hahah I think it's going to be a crazy one!

qotd: what was your first job? This was a subject that came up at a 70th birthday I attended yesterday.

menu:

B: coffee and premier

the rest of the day is up in the air, after posting, I'm cracking open a few cookbooks to get inspired!

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/6/18 4:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Nothing is on our agenda today but that is a good thing as yesterday was busy and the next 2 weeks are full of appointments. Justice was not happy with us being gone all day for a funeral yesterday so he needs some extra attention today.

QOTD: My first job was at Wallace's Ice Cream in Natick MA. It was one of the few places where you could work under 16 (with working papers). They really got their money out of us. The ice cream was hard as a rock so I had blisters on my hands and my arms ached from scrapping it out onto the cones. If we weren't helping customers, we had to be busy cleaning. It was an exhausting job and I didn't last long. I also never worked serving food again.

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp and salmon or 1/2 leftover burger or deconstructed low-carb pizza

S: mozzarella/prosciutto sticks, SF pudding

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 5/6/18 4:28 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning weekenders! I'm sitting at my home computer and doing some OT for a few hours. I'd like to get a swim in today and we'll make a trip to Trader Joe's.

Yesterday I was supposed to volunteer at the MD Sheep & Wool Festival. I got sick on while driving there. I didn't eat anything different but for some reason my body got very ill. I hoped that I would feel better once I got there but after an hour, I just came home. I ended up sleeping most of the day and sipping PowerAde Zero. Boo hiss!

QOTD: I've had "jobs" since I was very young. I helped my grandparents on the farm and garden alot and I always did housework at home since my mother was single and worked lots of hours. I started babysitting for pay when I was 9 or 10 and started cleaning houses when I was 12. When I turned 16 and could legally work, I started working retail in a candy store in the afternoons and weekends. That was my first "taxable" job. My first job after high school was as a Nursing Assistant in a Nursing Home. I did that while I was in college.

Menu: hoping that my tummy will be okay today.

Breakfast: ham, blueberries

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, cantaloupe, cashews

Lunch: TJ's chicken sausages, baby carrots

Snack: Turkey breast, apple, almonds

Dinner: ?BBQ chicken breast

Exercise: swimming laps for an hour if my tummy is stable

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 5/6/18 5:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

hope you're feeling better today - stomach issues are awful!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

yvonnef1964
on 5/6/18 5:04 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I had a blah day yesterday. My bad tooth was hurting and I can't get it pulled til the 14th. I don't think the antibiotics worked. Calling my dentist tomorrow and see.

Qotd my first job was a nurses aide at 16 years old. It was a hard job for only 3.35 an hour but I lasted 7 years before I decided to try something different.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D chicken,bacon and ranch wrap.

Have a good day

Librarian67
on 5/6/18 5:15 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I agree that nursing assistants work very hard for very little money. I think I was making $3/hour at my first job, worked long intense hours and stayed much longer than I wanted to. My Mom was a nurse and my grandfather was the chaplain there and thought that this was the perfect job for me. It does make me appreciate personal care givers alot more though!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Rosemi
on 5/6/18 5:25 am

Hi IF and OHer's... I'm cooking breakfast for my giant grandsons this morning! I love having them over and feeding them....they live close so it's really nice for DH and Mi. DH had a cataract removed/fixed? from his left eye on Thursday and he's doing great...lots of eye drops.

QOTD my first job was at an A & W...fast food place... I was 16...I didn't last the full day..the male manager could/would not keep his hands off me...it was awful...when he finally came up behind me...put his arms around my waist and tried to kiss me on my neck I slammed both of my elbows into his chest...grabbed my purse and walked out the door... My dad went down and had a talk with him and came home with my check for the day.... I never asked what they talked about and dad never told me. Yuk!

B hb egg, 2 bacon

L 5 costco meatballs

D 4 oz turkey breast

Have a great day everyone!

catwoman7
on 5/6/18 5:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that is so awful! I'm so glad you had the guts to do that!!!

Rosemi
on 5/6/18 8:47 am

Thank you! You know that was over 50 years ago..it really didn't take any guts...it was pretty much an automatic reaction ...he really ticked me off....

catwoman7
on 5/6/18 5:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

whew! Thanks for getting us started, IF! I was trying to think of a QOTD in case I was the first, and nothing was coming to mind!

accountability wasn't fantastic yesterday, but it was OK. Down 1.6 lbs this morning and back in range. Yay! We had big plans to start cleaning the house since DH's mother will be here the week of Memorial Day, but we didn't do a thing (at least not with respect to cleaning). We hung out at a coffee shop for way too long, then we came home and I napped and played on my computer and read all afternoon, and DH looked (online) for apartments for his mom (she's planning to move to the area (from NJ) once she sells her house). Last night we drove around looking at some of the apt complexes that looked good from online. Some not so good in person, at least from the outside, so at least we've done some initial vetting... But still - we need to clean. I don't want to be stuck doing all the cleaning a day or two before she comes - that will take hours!

I was hoping to go to my usual meditation class this morning, but it sounds like my mother and sister want to get together for coffee. I hate to miss my class, but this is fine. Otherwise - I'd better plan on doing some cleaning - or at least for an hour or so! I also need to make chili for this week's lunches. Aqua Zumba this evening.

QOTD: my very first job (other than babysitting) was during the summers when I was 14 and 15. I worked in the dishroom at the cafeteria at the college where my father taught. They often had various camps and conferences staying on campus in the summer, so it was always busy. Awful job. My second job (when I turned 16 so had a lot more options) was as a cashier at a grocery store. Much better than washing dishes, although I got pretty tired of it. I then got a job at a dept store at the mall - that seemed like a dream come true at the time! I think I stayed there for three years - an eternity for a part-time high school/college job!

2 years 11 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, homemade blackberry/blueberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein peach melba shake

L: tuna salad

AS: crustless protein pumpkin pie

D: pork chop, vegetables

ex: Aqua Zumba

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 368 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 72 views