What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/8/18 2:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! I got more promising news on the job front yesterday but it's all hush-hush and confidential because the person I'd be replacing doesn't know he is leaving yet. Nothing is set in stone but I had a few things to make me feel encouraged an hopeful yesterday.

Accountability: I popped a mini-bite sized butterfinger in my mouth without even thinking about it. I was appalled that I did it. Sometimes I can't believe that 9 years later I can still be on auto-pilot and eat without being cognizant. The rest of the day was kind of messed up too. My lunch date was canceled so I was left to fend for myself with lots of pre-packed snacks like cashews and meat stick... I ended up over-calories.

We are going to have some beautiful weather today so I am looking forward to getting out for a nice long walk. Maybe at the Blue Hills Reservation which is a stunning setting to be outside!

QOTD: Do you have have hardwood or carpeting? Grim redid all the wood floors in our home and they are beautiful light wood. We just took up the carpet in the living room because it was dark and dingy, and it brightens the whole room so much to just have the hardwood. I was originally planning to replace the carpet, but now I think we might keep it bare.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

pinyee
on 5/8/18 3:14 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Good morning.. and congrats on the thing we did not hear about... Today is my hump day and I have meetings all day today. Can I get a yuck!

QOTD.. we have mostly carpet but have been discussing replacing it for years but decided all big projects are on hold while paying for daughters education that has always taken a priority for us.

Food for the day:

B: bacon and cheese

L: not sure as we are ordering in at one of the meetings

D: took out steak and veggies

Have a great day friends..

Librarian67
on 5/8/18 4:02 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks! Another beautiful day on tap here and I look forward to getting out for at least one walk. I'd also like to get in my Deep Water aerobics class, but not sure if I will get done with my errands in time.

Yesterday I got all of the pre-registration and payments completed for my PS. I just have one more lab test the day before surgery, but otherwise, I'm all ready.

JB, so glad that your employment situation continues to work out well. I hope that this position works out the way you want and that you can make a smooth transition.

QOTD: we have hardwood floors in the living-dining room and hallways and carpet in the bedroom and office. The cats have made a mess of the carpet but I'm not sure that I want to pull up the carpet and have hardwood in all the rooms.

Menu:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, almonds

Lunch: fish, salad

Snack: turkey breast, apple, almonds, string cheese

Dinner: chicken breast

Exercise: short and long outside walks; maybe Deep Water Aerobics

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Writergurl08
on 5/8/18 4:04 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Got my flowers planted in yesterday, petunias and zinnias. Just waiting to finish filling my raised beds to get my peppers, tomatoes, and eggplants in and then my garden will be ready to grow! And I get cleared for raw veggies next week so bring it on!

qotd: we have carpet, but want hardwood in our new house (which we hope to be shopping for next year).

Breakfast: coffee and Premier

lunch: leftover tilapia and zucchini

dinner: maybe turkey meatballs--on my own and they're easy to pop in the microwave from the freezer

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Queen JB
on 5/8/18 4:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I pretty much lived on Tradr Joe's Turkey Meatballs for my first year post op, and I remember STRUGGLING to get 2 down. I pulled them out the other night and had FOUR without even feeling any restriction. Oh, how I miss year one...

Writergurl08
on 5/8/18 6:47 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I have some I got from Costco, and they're small...I'm not sure how they compare to the Trader Joe's ones, but I can easily eat 3-4 with marinara and a bit of cheese. I've been worried because I can comfortably eat 3 oz of meat and 1/2 C cooked veggies. Nobody at the surgery center seems concerned at my checkups, but seeing what fills people up here makes me feel a bit self conscious about it.

Queen JB
on 5/8/18 9:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You are still pretty new and nerves might still be healing. Restriction may be coming soon, but either way, you will just have to be careful about weighing and measuring!

Writergurl08
on 5/8/18 9:54 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Yup! I do weigh and measure that, and eat no more

catwoman7
on 5/8/18 4:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin All!

good day yesterday food-wise, down another half pound. YAY! I'd love to get back down to below 145 before I have plastic surgery (I'm hoping for August), but I'd be happy to maintain at 147 (I was 149 this morning - anything below 150 is acceptable these days).

This morning I have a meeting with a trust company to learn about their services and to see how I like them. I meet with another place tomorrow. These were the two companies that our estate attorney recommended. Since we don't have kids, and no one really popped into our minds who could take over our lives once we're incapacitated (or handle our affairs after we die), we'll have to use a trust company. They're legally bound to follow our written instructions on how we want things handled, so I guess this will be OK. Well, it's basically our only option at this point, so... Maybe at some point my now 20-year-old niece can step into that role, but we're not particularly close to her (plus she's your basic 20-year-old and not terribly responsible to boot), but now, no. I can't see her doing things like selling our house or cars or filing our taxes or taking charge of distributing our assets or anything like that. Maybe, in retrospect, we should have had kids (lol!)

oh - I turned in my retirement forms to the state yesterday - so it's official! My official retirement date is Aug 1, but because of some accumulated vacation, my last working day will probably be the first week of July - YAY!!! That's only seven weeks away! I'm sort of freaked, to be honest - but looking forward to it, too.

QOTD: The only place we have carpeting anymore is the finished part of our basement (we have a family room and a half bath down there). The rest of the carpeting we pulled up when we moved in - although we had to install hardwood floors in our living room and our upstairs family room because we discovered there wasn't any hardwood under there, oddly (there was hardwood under the hallways and bedrooms). The original hardwood was in beautiful shape - having been covered for over 50 years - so it was pretty easy for them to match - you really can't tell which floors are new and which are original. We have ceramic tile in our bathrooms and commercial-grade vinyl tile in our kitchen (it's the same type of tile they put in schools and hospitals and grocery stores - looks like linoleum and comes in many different colors)

2 years 11 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder and 12 raspberries

MS: coffee with half & half, vanilla matcha tea protein/Miralax shake

L: 3/4 C chili

AS: cheese sticks or L&F yogurt

D: pork chop with vegetables

ES: if needed, crustless protein pumpkin pie - or another yogurt

ex: yoga

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 5/8/18 4:42 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Yeah for your retirement!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics