What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/17/18 3:06 am, edited 5/17/18 3:08 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! Ok, I still don't have any news. It doesn't mean it's bad news, just that things might be moving a lot more slowly than the person I was communicating with, assumed. It's fine. I had a lovely first day off, and in some ways I am not even eager to be thinking about work again so quickly. I decided not to be the type of person who sits by the phone waiting and freaking out. I refuse to ruin my time off that way!

Yesterday was fun! I got up and immediately started cleaning and organizing. It felt great! Then we went on an "adventure"! First we went to a saw-mill about 30 miles away and picked out wood for a project. Then we decided to drive around and explore. We ended up in a big fishing village right on the water and had the freshest seafood. So good! I had swordfish tacos that I would love to try to recreate at home sometime--they were a really nice high protein treat. In the afternoon, Grim taught me to use the jackhammer (!!) and I "helped" make one of the basement windows bigger to fit the new frame. All in all it was a fun and adventerous 1st day! Today we are going to visit my parents and probably out for Chinese food and a movie this evening. I could get used to this!

QOTD: Ok, since most of us are here because of personal transformation...Think back to 5 years ago and name a few things that are completely different about your life! For me, well...everything! 5 years ago I was a 3rd grade teacher, I was sick all the time because of the lap-band, I was single, and living alone in my condo. Now I am healthy, in a wonderful relationship, and living with my Grim :) I wasn't unhappy then (except for the damn band), but I am much happier now!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Just4me7
on 5/17/18 3:22 am

Good morning! Sounds like your 1st day off was a hit. Here's wishing you hear good news on the job and can keep enjoying what time you have off.

Yesterday I decided to start my official post op posting, even if it's kinda weird cuz I'm still on liquids. But I noticed that I wasn't having a set time for "meals" and don't want to start or restart bad habits like grazing.

QOTD TO be honest, not much different.

8 days post op weight 251.2 (back down to pre surgery weight)

B jello with protein powder

L broth, 1/2 premier shake

D broth 1/2 premier shake

Snacks Crystal light, sugar free popscicles

Exercise walking

Supplement

Have a great day!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

Queen JB
on 5/17/18 3:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I started posting on here the day I came home and was still on liquids! I think it is great to have everyone posting at all stages :) I know there are a billion lurkers here who are curious to see it all.

A tip that someone shared with me is to set about a million alarms on your cell phone to remind you to "eat", "drink" (I know these are the same thing right now!) and take vitamins. It gets you set up for the strict schedule you'll need to keep later and it is good to practice, now, while you have the time off to devote to it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Just4me7
on 5/17/18 3:32 am

That is a great tip. I do want to develop some good habits and that sounds like a good one to add.

Thsnks!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

Meggles07
on 5/17/18 6:11 am - Canada

Just to add -- there are some awesome apps for tracking and setting alarms for meds and water. I have one of each and I like that they are separate but also that they keep track over time. So I can go back and check individual meds/viatmins on a day or how much water I had :)

Just4me7
on 5/17/18 8:16 am

thanks I use baritastic app but frankly, can't quite figure out the timers so I'm using my phone. Where's a teenager when you need them!

Pamela

Writergurl08
on 5/17/18 4:07 am
RNY on 02/15/18

lol I was posted the day of surgery I do believe, and didn't skip a beat posting the very next day, even though it was all liquid. I like coming here to read about other people's day and do the qotd lol

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Writergurl08
on 5/17/18 3:52 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Doctors visit went well, they are pleased with my loss so far and I ended up getting into a lengthy conversation about gardening with the nutritionist, who is super impressed with my garden (she had me show her pics). I thought we were going to have a lab draw but I guess they wait until 6 months for that, which makes sense. 3 months out, there's probably not a significant difference in anything yet?

qotd: 5 years ago I was in the middle of my divorce while my cousin's boyfriend (who I didn't even like) was trying to set me up with "a really nice guy." I was rejecting him because I was a mess--I was homeless due to the divorce, couchsurfing at friends houses, working two part time jobs, hoping one of them would open up to full time. Once things settled, I ended up getting serious with that "really nice guy" and now I'm married to him and stupidly happy most of the time.

breakfast: coffee and premier

lunch: salsa chicken. I made a crock pot for Jeremy to take to work for a potluck, and saved myself a little bowl back.

dinner: pork loin chops and maybe a small spinach salad with my first clipping of baby spinach

to up my protein, I've been having a snack of yogurt at night, with an extra 1/2 scoop of protein powder. Hoping it will help with the hair loss.

bethmal
on 5/17/18 5:41 am, edited 5/16/18 10:41 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

My husband and I have a huge garden as well. I guess you could say it is our hobby. He grew up on a farm and the farm boy has never left his blood. Right now we have two types of peas, 16 tomato plants, Romain, all types of peppers, 2 rows of corn (which we mostly give away to friends and family) 4 rows of green beans that I can for the winter, a row of red onion and sweet onions, cantaloupe, watermelon, cucumbers, beets, carrots and squash. Oh, and asparagus. We have fresh asparagus all spring!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Writergurl08
on 5/17/18 6:10 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I love asparagus, but since we plan on moving I didn't start a bed in this house. I wasn't sure if the crowns could be transplanted especially since we don't know what time of year we'd be moving! I have 15 tomatoes (5 varieties) 9 peppers (3 varieties), 4 rows of snap beans, 1 row of soya beans (for edamame), 6 cucumbers (2 varieties), 9 kale (2 varieties), sugar snap peas, red and sweet onions, zucchini, butternut squash, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, radish, spinach, eggplant, and 2 buckets of potatoes. I'll start carrots and cabbage a bit later for a fall harvest. Oh!! And I started two Atlantic Giant pumpkins! They can get up to 500-2000 lbs. my husband is rolling his eyes and wondering what on EARTH we'd do with a 1 ton pumpkin.

Happy to talk gardening any time!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 150 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics