What's going on with me?

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/21/18 2:33 pm, edited 5/21/18 2:46 pm

Has anyone felt or heard of this happening?? I am 11 months out from RNY and as of last week I started feeling mild nausea, lightheaded, very light headache and a feeling that can be described as when you hear loud noises you have a "pounding headache" but I do not have a headache that goes with it, it's like a light pounding that comes and goes and it is not even with noises (lol). These symptoms all come and go throughout the day. Nothing severe but in mild forms. It has lasted since last Monday. I went for my yearly exam with my regular GP on May 3, with all tests/blood results coming back fine as can be. I take my vits on schedule.

Now two weeks later (05/04) this comes on. Has anyone experienced this before? I am definitely not pregnant. I have made an appointment to go back to the doctor on Wednesday. Thank you in advance for all replies.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/21/18 2:44 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

We are not doctors and cannot offer medical advice. There's no guarantee this is at all related to WLS. Your best bet is to wait until Wednesday and check with a medical professional.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/21/18 2:47 pm, edited 5/21/18 7:47 am

Yes I know that so I guess I should have started off with my now edited first sentence and of course I am going to my appointment, just wanted to know if anyone else had heard of or felt like this also. Thank you.

hollykim
on 5/21/18 3:39 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 21, 2018 at 9:33 PM Pacific Time, ALighterMe 1. wrote:

Has anyone felt or heard of this happening?? I am 11 months out from RNY and as of last week I started feeling mild nausea, lightheaded, very light headache and a feeling that can be described as when you hear loud noises you have a "pounding headache" but I do not have a headache that goes with it, it's like a light pounding that comes and goes and it is not even with noises (lol). These symptoms all come and go throughout the day. Nothing severe but in mild forms. It has lasted since last Monday. I went for my yearly exam with my regular GP on May 3, with all tests/blood results coming back fine as can be. I take my vits on schedule.

Now two weeks later (05/04) this comes on. Has anyone experienced this before? I am definitely not pregnant. I have made an appointment to go back to the doctor on Wednesday. Thank you in advance for all replies.

dehydration can cause these symptoms. Are you getting 64+ oz of sf liquid a day,"?

the lights flashing sound like an aural migraine.

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/21/18 4:24 pm

Thank you for your reply. I have to admit I have not been getting in more than the recommended oz of liquid a day. I believe for RNY it's supposed to be 96?? I probably have been getting in around 80 or so.

MyBariatricLife
on 5/24/18 3:25 pm

Look at your BUN levels. I have had your symptoms and my BUN was high, showing dehydration even though I was drinking massive amounts of water. It turns out they were not going into my cells. I have to add sea salt and lemon to my beverages and that works!

Also this could possibly be migraine. I am not an expert but my migraines first began without headache and one of the symptoms was the pounding -- I described it as someone banging garbage can lids in my ears... but it wasn't in my ears exactly...

There is a patient expert names Teri Roberts who writes a lot about migraine and you may find her helpful.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

selhard
on 5/21/18 4:00 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Here are my guesses, repeat, guesses: fatigue, dehydration, stress, hormone-dumping related to rapid weight loss, heat exhaustion, or less rest than normal. Any of these sound like a possibility?

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/21/18 4:22 pm

Thank you for your reply. I dealt with hormone-dumping about 2-3 months after the surgery and then applied this recommended cream that worked wonders and it went away. Now I do have those same feelings of hormone dumping, BUT, the other feelings of nausea, lightheaded, etc., are new and I did not have those before. Maybe dehydration and definitely stress.

Amy Liz
on 5/21/18 6:48 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Sounds like what happens to me when I don't drink enough and/or overdo it on coffee (diuretic). You may be dehydrated.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

ALighterMe 1.
on 5/22/18 6:45 am

Thank you for your reply. So you just upped your water intake ? How long did it take for you for these feelings to go away ?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 322 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?