What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers??

Queen JB
on 5/23/18 3:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! Yesterday I finally mustered up the energy to apply to some new jobs and I hope to get through a few more today. I am also taking one of our sweet kittens to the vet this afternoon. It looks like he has developed ear mites, although since he is strictly and indoor cat, I am not sure how that happened...? I'm hoping to also get to the beach for a walk today because the weather is going to be lovely. Have I said how much I don't miss working?

Accountability: 100% on plan with eating and did some really intense workouts yesterday, too (so sore this morning!).

QOTD: What do you spend too much money on? I am trying to be frugal right now while I live off my severance check, just in case I don't have work before it runs out. Of course, now I want to buy everything... But I definitely spend way too much money on clothes and shoes. I always buy things on sale but then I use it as an excuse to buy twice as much. And sadly, since some f my summer clothes are tight, it's killing me not to pop online and get new stuff, but I am resisting and tying to lose weight instead...

Exercise: 2 mile run & @ home yoga class

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Writergurl08
on 5/23/18 3:47 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! My Star Wars trivia team took 8th place out of 25 teams last night! Not too shabby. The questions were really hard (on the tip of my tongue kind of things). I had planned to maybe eat at home before I went but I got busy and ended up ordering a burger while I was there, skipped the bun and let my table pick off the fries.

Qotd: I spend way too much money on books! Kindle, Audible (so I can read at my desk at work), and physical books. Physical books I mostly buy at our Half-Price Books But of course, since they're half price, I buy double to even it up!

breakfast: coffee and Premier

lunch: potluck day at work and there's usually a good protein option. Someone made some wonderful pulled pork last time and I'm hoping they brought it again! I've been good about potlucks because my team has a lot of health-conscious people who are in to high-protein, low carb.

dinner: salmon, garden-fresh broccoli

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

bethmal
on 5/23/18 4:17 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning Everyone!

Accountability: No snacking last night. I did change things up in my menu yesterday but I didn't go back to edit. I had a hard, firm talk to my husband about having stuff in the house that neither of us needs.

QOTD: Right now, we are spending too much money making improvements in the house. They are long overdue but man, does it add up quickly. I also spend too much money at The Loft.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

catwoman7
on 5/23/18 4:36 am, edited 5/22/18 9:39 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I had an early morning appt yesterday and then the day never stopped - so I never got around to posting until it was way too late (and I doubt anyone would have read it!), but I did read through everyone's "stuff"!! The rest of this week should be much more relaxed, thankfully!

I've told myself I'm going to wait a few days before deciding on a plastic surgeon, since I've been all excited about *all* of them for a couple of days after my appts with them, and then, it wanes. But my gut is telling me this last one (Dr. Zachary) is the guy. But maybe I should wait - just in case. UGH. Part of me just wants this decided and on the schedule! I "met" a woman recently on another forum who had him do her LBL, and she was thrilled with him. She sent me her pictures last night, and she looks fantastic - plus nice, thin scars at eight weeks out that are barely visible now that she's over a year out. Turns out she went to school up here and was here in town last weekend - small world!

QOTD: I've been really frugal with money since I was 32 years old and stuck in job I absolutely hated because I couldn't afford to leave it. I was *miserable*. I promised myself then and there that I was going to work my way out of that hole and never let myself get into that type of situation ever again. And - I haven't. I completely changed my lifestyle, managed to get myself out of debt (or a lot of it, anyway), and was finally able to walk away from that job about 18 months later. I lived a pretty austere life for a few years after that. I've loosened up a bit since then, but I'm still pretty frugal. I no longer carry any debt (and haven't in a long time - not even a mortgage) and always have enough of a cushion to last me for quite awhile if anything happened. Anyway, that said, I spend too much money going out for coffee. I don't buy anything else when I go - just plain old coffee. I'm well aware that I could drink coffee at home for a fraction of the cost, but going to a coffee shop early in the morning to read the newspaper or work on my laptop is one of my great pleasures in life, and I figure a $2 a pop, it's a pretty cheap indulgence.

I was planning to make pork tenderloin tonight, but DH is out - so I'll have something quick. Poop. I was looking forward to that pork tenderloin!

2 years 11 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein shake

L: chili

AS: protein pumpkin pie

D: maybe a turkey burger

ex: yoga for sure tonight. And if I'm motivated enough this morning, Pilates

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 5/23/18 5:57 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I completely understand about coffee shops! There's something uplifting about sitting in one to work, read. I feel like it's the ambiance--the smell, and the noise is perfect--enough of a "white noise" feel but nothing overly distracting unless my neighbors are having a particularly juicy conversation lol.

if I'm feeling creative, I'll pack up my laptop and go sit at the nearby coffee shop to write.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 5/23/18 7:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that's it - exactly! The smell - and the noise is there but not distracting. I'm at one right now - perfect place to work!

Librarian67
on 5/23/18 4:39 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks from my recliner. I woke up when my wife left for work and got up and made a cup of coffee. Now I'm sitting here surfing on my tablet with a very cute ginger cat snuggled on my lap. This is my first day home alone and I should be fine. I can get in and out of my chair okay and make easy meals. I am still having some discomfort when I move but I haven't needed pain meds for more than 24 hours. I feel much more lucid.

It is supposed to be a beautiful day and I'd love to get outside for a while. Not sure if I should by myself though.

Menu: lots of tea, water and Powerade Zero, plus 2 Cappuccino protein shakes

Food: ham, Turkey breast, shrimp and chicken kabob in small portions. Yesterday I had a cup of fresh blueberries and they tasted like heaven. I may have more this evening.

Exercise: boo hiss, mostly walking to the bathroom and kitchen but I do a few laps around our small house

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 5/23/18 7:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you're really recovering from this quickly!! I'm impressed!

Librarian67
on 5/23/18 1:54 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Just posted an update on the PS forum with pictures. Check it out and feel free to ask questions!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Just4me7
on 5/23/18 4:41 am

Good morning!

QOTD 2 places. Bath and body works, and Yankee Candle. Can't help myself, I hoard the good smelling stuff.

Yesterday-cal 450, prot 75, carbs 18, fat 8.

Today is my 1st post op visit so not sure what menu will be if I am able to move to stage 2, pureed.

Have a great day!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views