My Surgery Date is June 5th......... Needing Major Encouragement...........

Nastassjak123
on 6/1/18 3:23 pm
RNY on 06/05/18

Any suggestions, and pointers, anything.???

AvsChic18
on 6/1/18 3:38 pm
RNY on 02/01/18

Just always remember why you made the decision to have the surgery. You are going to have good days and bad days. My experience so far has been pretty pleasant. Today is my 4 month anniversary. Your relationship with food will forever be changed. Just know, that the first few weeks are a challenge... especially the liquid diet, but you can do it. Blog about your experience, it's a good outlet to talk about your feelings and your experience. One day you will look back at it and just laugh at yourself because you have come a lone way. I had days that I said that I should have just stayed fat, but I don't feel that way anymore. Once you start seeing results and feel like you are accomplishing something, it makes it all worth it. Visit this site often, read what others just like you are going through. You can learn a lot and it also makes you feel better knowing you are not the only one going through this.

Best of luck with your surgery. You are taking control of your life and moving in a positive direction. There are so many opportunities for you waiting to happen. This is not easy, but nothing in life is. Take control of your health, stay motivated and remember you are doing this for you.

Nastassjak123
on 6/1/18 3:54 pm
RNY on 06/05/18

Thank you, you are so right and I will be sure to visit this page often. I love reading about people experiences and what they went through and or are going through. I am happy I'm not in this alone. I am now on this liquid fase which is harder than ever but I have only days remaining till surgery. I will remain strong and get through it. Thanks for your kind encouraging words.

Hope_is_all_I_need
on 6/1/18 4:11 pm, edited 6/1/18 9:11 am

I?m just over 2 months out so my experience is limited but I already feel it?s the best decision I?ve ever made. Any pain or discomfort in the beginning is more than worth it. Take any time you have off work to really focus on making the necessary changes for success- vitamins, water, protein. I appreciate the time I took off because it allowed me to focus on me. I learned to track my foods and establish a schedule of eating and taking vitamins so that when I returned to work it was already a part of the new me. Get out for walks as soon as possible, it helps with the gas pain and recovery. Enjoy this new phase of your life, don?t think of it as losing your enjoyment of food but rather developing a better relationship with it. Good luck!!

Orientation Oct 24, 2017 at Humber; Meet surgeon Dec 12/17. Internist Jan 24/18; SW/Nut/nurse appt Feb 15/18;surgery March 19/18

Opti -12; M1 -25; M2 -18; M3- 18 M4-9 M5-11 M6-7

Nastassjak123
on 6/2/18 10:17 am
RNY on 06/05/18

Hope_is_all_i_need,

Man. I really needed to hear all these positive encouraging words. Thanks for the reminders of taking the time I need for my self. And developing a better relationship with food that's an excellent way to look at it thank you.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/1/18 4:47 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I found the book "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies" to be incredibly helpful as I got ready for surgery. It gave me a good picture of what post-op life is like, and how to do my best to lose weight.

I think Amazon has a digital copy you can download right away!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Nastassjak123
on 6/2/18 10:18 am
RNY on 06/05/18

Julie,

Thanks for that I think I am going to find that on Amazon right now.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/4/18 10:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good luck tomorrow! It's the first day of your new life!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Nastassjak123
on 6/4/18 4:15 pm
RNY on 06/05/18

Thank you sooooo much nervous about the pain but I'm excited for the journey and the entire process....

beelisty
on 6/6/18 9:30 am
RNY on 04/10/18

The best advice I got was to ask as many questions of my medical care team as I needed to. I also found it really helpful to stay on my pain med schedule that first week or so because it was easier to take the meds before I was in a lot of pain rather than using them after I started feeling bad.

Follow all the instructions from your nutritionist and surgeon. The information they give us about diet stages is there for a reason. Reach out if you have any issues-- I reached out to the nutritionist after my body made it clear that certain protein drinks weren't going to work for me. She gave me some great suggestions that I'm still using. The food bible from my clinic has great info about what to eat & what not to eat, and following that has been so helpful.

Staying motivated by having people, online and offline, who I can talk about this stuff with has been really important too. I go to therapy every week and talk about my progress, frustrations, relationship, job, etc-- stuff I used to treat with food. I'm feeling myself grow and change as a person in positive ways.

You've got this!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views