What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Librarian67
on 6/3/18 6:35 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Just thought I'd start us out today, weekenders! It is rainy and almost cool here, but I've been up, had my coffee and run a few errands already. Nothing really on the agenda other than maybe going through some drawers and packing up the last of the cool weather clothes to make room for the summer things.

QOTD: I am still in recovery mode from my PS so my question relates to healing. What do you do to heal from surgery, injury and illness. My big faves, especially since WLS, are to drink LOTS of fluids, eat/drink lots of protein and of course rest with my feet up. I still have a far amount of swelling in my belly and while my incisions are generally healing really well, there are a few spots that scabby. Have you used Arnica tablets or gel/cream for swelling, bruising and incisions? Did it help? My PS says that it isn't necessary, but I've heard from other people that it was great and helped alot.

Menu

Breakfast: 2 oz ham, hard boiled egg

Snack: vanilla Premier Protein shake, cashews

Lunch: shrimp, baby carrots

Snack: turkey breast, blueberries, almonds

Dinner: leftover Peruvian chicken breast, spinach, brussels sprouts

Exercise: not sure whether I will go out in the pouring rain for a walk or just wander around the house alot.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 6/3/18 6:53 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Quick post before I head to church. Accountability good with no extra bites. Post op 5 years 9 months and weight at 118.4 today. Lily and I got extra steps this am because I forgot to shut off my alarm when I got up before it went off so we did 4.2 miles already. We'll walk around the block after supper. Heres todays food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz deli ham and cheese 3 baby carrots D 4 oz ground turkey with bbq sauce(vinegar based) 1/2 c green beans S 2 T hummus with baby carrots(6). Have a great day everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/3/18 7:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! It is sunny and super breezy here (low 60's). We are going to an Irish Festival with friends so DH is happy (he loves Irish music).

QOTD: Mainly what you mentioned - very high protein, lots of water and rest, then walking. I did take arnica and bromelaine, but have no idea if they helped. My PS said I had less bruising than average, so who knows. I also used silicone sheets on my TT scar and it is super flat and pale now so I think it helped. I got these from Amazon and cut them in half and spread them across my entire scar. I bought the package of 12 which with careful usage and washing lasted me for the entire time I needed them (several months):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KY3IOU/ref=oh_aui_sear ch_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

2 Years, 2 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 18 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli turkey (packed to bring with me)

D: Depends on whether we are going out to eat after festival or coming home (small pork tenderloin to cook if home)

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

peachpie
on 6/3/18 7:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning folks! I've been on my run and cooked/ate breakfast and showered and dressed. I'll head to the market ina few; I want roast tonight. It will go nicely with leftover scalloped potatoes I made last night theta were really good. (New recipe for me). Also son wants me to try braiding his hair- can't tell you the last time I had to braid anything. Some days I'm thankful I don't have hair- or even have a girl. Doing hair just isn't my thing.

qotd: prior to having my thyroid out (which was prior to WLS) I had been exercising regularly and my body felt strong going into surgery. I recall In recovery the nurse was impressed with my core strength since she said it helped me manage well with the effects of anesthesia. The surgeon did have me taking Arnica tablets leading up to the surgery. I tend to keloid- so massaging the area (gently) is key for breaking up building scar tissue. So for me maintaining pre-op core strength is key for recovery. Rest and fluids are fast second and third. Silicone scar patches did/do nothing for me.

212.5 today, 3.1 years out, day 7 of 38 day run streak

m1: egg, w slices bacon and 1 Belgian walffle square

m2: turkey burger, cheese and pickles

m3: ?

m4: roast beef

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Just4me7
on 6/3/18 7:27 am

Good morning! Planned on church this morning, which would have been first time back since surgery, but couldn't make it happen. Will try again next week. Wednesday is 1st Wednesday of the month which makes it our fellowship meal and rhink i will sit that one out, lol.

QOTD I still have swelling around hernia repair incision, and it makes my belly hard, but as long as I don't lift anything too heavy, it doesn't hurt too bad.

Yesterday-cal 544, prot 74, carbs 34, fat 15. Today B egg and cottage cheese. L fish pureed with hummus. D chicken pureed with Greek plain yogurt. Snacks premier shake and Crystal light.

Have a good one!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

Partlypollyanna
on 6/3/18 7:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! I'm back and lost over 9 lbs on vacation -- that has never happened before! I am glad to be home for a few days to get back into my routine!

QOTD - Sleep helps with healing and balancing taking it easy with staying active enough (harder to do than to say)!

Menu

b - coffee + premier

S - cheese stick

L - 2 oz ground beef patty with 1 oz cheese

S - remainder of PP

D - 2 oz turkey breast

Exercise - may go to pilates, may try to catch up on some sleep

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Kakesie
on 6/3/18 7:45 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Janet and Menu Family! Thank you for starting us off, Janet!

QOTD: Years ago I had a broken leg that refused to heal. Month after month they would X-ray it and no healing had occurred. Then Saralisa and I started watching America's Funniest Home Videos every day after school and we belly laughed and laughed at some of the videos. The very next time I got X-rayed, healing had started on the bones! I'm convinced our laughter initiated the healing process!

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 95, Calories - 1,345, Carbs - 160.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, banana

L: ham & cheese on 45 calorie bread, broccoli salad

D: Healthy Choice chicken stir fry with vegetables, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, frozen yogurt

E: walking Blossom

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

Just4me7
on 6/3/18 9:28 am

I am,going to watch some AFV to see if I can get my healing going faster! I read somewhere that a good belly laugh helps extend your life and lowers BP. so it can't hurt, unless I laugh too much, lol.

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/4/18 5:35 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I love this idea! They do say that your emotional outlook makes a difference in the progression of an illness.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Rosemi
on 6/3/18 9:13 am

Hi Janet and OHer's, were supposed to be in the 60's today with the possibility of some rain...so I'm going to pick some blooms to put in my pressed flowers album... I'm going to label the pages and write the memories associated with them.

QOTD....I'm going to try some of the scar remedy suggestions after my right knee replacement surgery scheduled for June 12... I really had a tough time with the left knee replacement last summer...that scar has many colors and 'dead area's (I call it my 'leather patches'). I dont know if the silicone patches would work on my knee bend but they sound good for flat things.... hmmm

B 1hb egg, 1bacon

L 2T plain Greek yogurt, 1 80 calorie salmon packet

D 3oz rotisserie chicken, 1/2 hb egg, fresh spinach, 1 T dressing

Have a great day everyone

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?