What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 6/4/18 2:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! I hope everyone had a restful and wonderful few days! Wow, my weekend was such a whirlwind... We drove from Boston to DC on Friday, hung out with my family, went to a graduation & 2 after grad parties on Saturday, then hopped back in the car on Sunday (this time with a college kid in tow). It took us over 10 hours to get home because of terrible traffic (mostly in NYC). But we laughed and played car games for the majority of the trip, so it was all good. My back is a little sore today, though... too much sitting!

My accountability was pretty rough. I basically ate Starbucks Egg Bites whenever we had a meal out, but I also found myself in front of the chip bowl at the grad party. But to be fair, I was allergic to 99% of the food on the table so my options were limited and we were there for 7 hours! Oh, but I also ate a piece of cake. And I lost my Peachpie-challenge run streak for 2 days in a row, because I forgot to pack sneakers... Back on the wagon today with an extra long run.

The graduation ceremony we went to was so sweet. This is a Waldorf School, which is a very arts-based private school. There were only 16 in the graduating class and everyone got to sing, present poetry, etc. They were a very inspiring and talented crew!

QOTD: What was your HS graduation like? Mine was pretty typical. We had about 140 kids in the class and the ceremony was outside. I think the most memorable part was afterwards when there were MULTIPLE new sports cars with bows in the parking lot. Spoiler alert: none of them were for me.

This menu is a little bit of a guess. I have three interviews today, so I am kind of all over the place. But I think I can make this work!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

pinyee
on 6/4/18 3:12 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Morning all.. Glad it was a good weekend JB.. Busy day today try to squeeze 5 days of work into 1 because I'm in meetings and traveling the rest of the week.

QOTD: In My graduating class there was 118 students. It was pretty boring and everyone was just like hurry up let's get this done so we can get to our parties.

Food for the day:

B: sausage patties and cheese

L: leftover taco meat

D: ham and cheese roll ups

Enjoy the day friends.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/4/18 3:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Monday all!! Hope today kicks off a fantastic week for you!

Accountability - had a nice, on point, day at home yesterday - got all my water, protein and carb goals met and gave myself a rest day from exercise.

QOTD - I went to a very small school (534 kids in 7th-12th grades); my graduating class had 54 students, and 3 of them were exchange students! It was fun in that you knew everyone (and everything about everyone); that's also part of the reason I left home the day after graduation and never lived in that town again!

My menu for today will be very limited -- I have to fast until a blood draw at 2! (It's not even 330 AM yet so it's going to be a long day!) I am having a cup of coffee right now, even though it says only unflavored water because I'm technically outside the 8 hour fasting window. We'll see how that goes.

B - black coffee (blech)

S - Water

L - Water

S - mozzarella stick

D - Egg & cheese

Exercise - pilates class tonight, looking forward to getting back at it!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 6/4/18 3:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, and JB, good luck on the interviews! Sounds like you have a lot of lines in the water, one of them will pay off with a great opportunity!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

sk8rt
on 6/4/18 3:23 am

Good Monday morning to you all! Nearly Tuesday here, but it was a national holiday today and we had it off.

Good luck on your interviews JB!

QOTD: Hmmm, I went to Newburyport High in NBPT, MA and I think it was fairly typical. I didn't do much in the way of celebration that I recall.

I am nearly a week out from surgery and still figuring out what will go down.

Today was yoghurt laden, need to back off a bit.

B: small plain yogurt cup (high protein), protein water

L: rest of yoghurt cup and about 100g of pumpkin soup with protein powder thinned out with water

S: protein water

D: beef soup (thinned with water), 100 g plain HP yoghurt

S: couple tablespoons yoghurt with cinnamon

better fluid consumption today 1.8 litres, vitamins and meds on track...

walked around town today

Have fun,

mathea

Height: 180 cm

HW: 131kg SW: 114.4 kg CW: 77.6kg

Librarian67
on 6/4/18 3:36 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning everyone!

JB, swinging chickens in your direction for great interviews! Also really glad that you had safe travels although heavy traffic is almost inevitable in that corridor!

I had a nice weekend. Saturday included an early dental check on my tooth implant (doing great!), a run to TJs, Kohls and Target and some movie watching. We watched a couple episodes of Mad Men and Call the Midwife (BBC) which were good. Sunday was another early appointment and errands and then a relaxing rest of the day.

I am still on activity restrictions (boo hiss) but I still have too much fluid coming from my last drain to have it out and be released. I have to call the PS office when they open and find out whether he wants me to come in to have the drain removed or wait a few more days.

I am planning to telework mostly full time this week and hope to have the drain out and be released back to work for next week. In other work news, I decided to put in for a promotion after 16 years, 10 of them doing mostly the same thing. It would be my first step into management and I have really mixed feelings about it. It would mean giving up alot of my independence on the job, some to all of my telework and maybe being able to work whatever hours I want. I will be on call, need to be responsible for other people and their performance, and need to be in the office alot more. That said it really is time for me to move out of where I am and this is a particularly good opportunity. I've completed the official paperwork and waiting to see when they are doing interviews. I do know that the pool is pretty slim so if I decide that I want the job, I probably have it...

Menu: my appetite is still somewhat limited and even though I'm not exercising, I am losing weight. I keep working on getting lots of protein and fluids though to keep things in balance.

B1: coffee and Premier protein shake

B2: ham, hard boiled egg

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, strawberries, cashews

Lunch: chicken breast, baby carrots

Snack: turkey breast, blueberries, almonds

Dinner: shrimp

Exercise: 2 short walks

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Emiepie
on 6/4/18 6:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats on making the decision to apply for the promotion. Good luck!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Librarian67
on 6/4/18 7:07 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Thanks! I have been very comfortable being in the same place for so long and moving on to something new is a big step even though my supervisors and co-workers have encouraged me to move up for years. It certainly will mean new challenges!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Emiepie
on 6/4/18 7:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Keep us posted!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Insert Fitness
on 6/4/18 3:39 am

Morning!

Back from the farm, and hoping to make daily posting here a thing again. I read every day, but somehow feel too rushed to post...which, I'm not.

i am starting a learn to run clinic tomorrow. I've bought clothes that I think will keep all my bits in place. We shall see!

Qotd: i went to a small French high school, and my parents dont speak French, so they just politely sat there for hours through a banquet and awards ceremony. I did win one award at least Hahah

the after grad was actually a very teen movie type party with a band and camp fire in a someone's field/yard. I didn't get home until something like 9am the following day.

menu:

B: coffee and cream (definitely going to Costco after work)

L: leftover curry

D: probably something I bring home from Costco and put on the grill

S: Skyr with strawberries

have a bearable Monday everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views