What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 6/6/18 2:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Gooooood morning! I realized that in my flurry to leave the house quickly yesterday I forget to update you that my three interviews on Monday all went well. One was for a non-profit, one was for a University, and the third was a Middle School Assistant Principal. I am bowing out of the non-profit one--didn't like the job description... but the others seem promising! My old boss is dragging her feet on actually giving me the offer letter for my old position (although she emails me every day to say it is coming) so until I have it in my hands, I am going to keep looking.

Yesterday's adventure in laying floors was pretty fun but whoooboy I am SORE today! I can't believe I forgot to take a "before" but below are a few "during" pics. First we ripped up all of the wall to wall carpeting (and mat, staples and tack boards), then we actually started laying out the new unfinished wood boards. The wood (Birdseye Maple) is stunning! Today we finish laying it out and then the next few days are about sanding and laying the finish. This is a total NSV, btw, because if I am sore now, I would probably have died about an hour into yesterday, when I was MO.

Carpets ripped up:

Starting to lay down:

Closeup of the gorgeous wood!

QOTD: As I lay here in bed with every muscle screaming, sore knees, and cuts all over my fingers and hands, it got me wondering if I have ever been in this much pain before? I think it hurt more when I fractured my leg, but this feels like a close second... So, what is the most physical pain you have ever been in?

I am trying to stick to a really low carb menu to get the ultimate benefits from a week of intense exercise. It's hard when mom is there to keep offering cake and treats, but I planned ahead with some sugar free candy so that I am not tempted to eat her crap.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Insert Fitness
on 6/6/18 3:32 am

Morning!

those floors are going to be gorgeous!

Im happy to say last night was the first night of my learn to run clinic, and today is NOT the most pain I've ever been in hahaha. It actually went well. It was 1 minute running, 2 minutes walking. What an NSV!

qotd: two memories came to mind. One is when I was first dating my husband, and I slammed a giant sliding glass door on my finger. So hard, the nail literally popped off. He was napping and I had to wake him up, I was worried I was going to pass out.

The other was when I had an inflamed/ pinched muscle in my rotator cuff, and couldn't move my arm for days and days without shooting white hot pain. Literally didn't get more than 45 minutes sleep at a time for days. It was humbling. And gave me a tiny glimpse at what it could be like for people with chronic pain. How consuming it is. Also, what lack of sleep does to your mental health.

This is also when I didn't have a family dr, and relied on emerg and walk in clinics, which lead to me having Tylenol with codeine, then strong anti inflammatory pills. a combo which I reacted poorly to, causing severe erosion to my stomach lining and leading to another trip to the er, because I thought I was having a heart attack.

That pain/ fear is a close third. But mostly fear.

Looking back, that's when I tracked down an amazing family dr, and started to take my health seriously. WLS was still years a way, but I started doing the groundwork.

phew turns out I had lots to say on this hahaha and this is minor stuff compared to others...

menu

B: coffee and premier

L: leftover curry ( this is the end of it I think)

D: tbd if the weather holds out, we're going to a ball game after work. So either something quick at home like rotisserie chicken and some salad, or a bunless burger at the game.

Have a good one gang!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

stacyrg
on 6/6/18 9:56 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Glad the learn to run clinic went well. I used a run/walk method to train for my first race and ran my first 1/2 marathon using a 4 minute run/1 minute walk plan. You'll be great!!!!

Insert Fitness
on 6/6/18 1:31 pm

Thanks! I'm hoping I enjoy it! They asked what our goals were and mine was just to not hate running hahha so far, so good hahahah

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Librarian67
on 6/6/18 1:32 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

I'm so excited for you and glad that you are enjoying it!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Librarian67
on 6/6/18 3:34 am, edited 6/5/18 8:54 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning JB and menu friends!

Thanks for the update on the interviews. Sounds like you have lots of choices on the job front whether or not this carpentry thing works out full time! Take care of yourself and have fun while working hard!

This has already been an eventful day. I got up early (4:30, our usual waking time) and drove my wife to work even though I am still working from home. Even though it is early, traffic can be a mess and I'm always glad when I am back home in my office. This morning in addition to the usual getting cut off at close range, being tailgated and having pedestrians just walk right in front of the car, there were two amazing incidents. First, we were driving along the 8 lane street and going in the same direction, but on the other side of the street was a man driving his car very fast in reverse! Fortunately no real danger to us, but he was zooming along in the opposite direction of traffic! Arrrrgh! The second incident was at the intersection of two major streets and a very hectic intersection is a Wendy's as we were turning to drive past it, we noticed police tape and flashing lights. There was a red Toyota Corolla sitting in the middle of the Wendy's. It had obviously driven very fast through the glass and brick wall of the building and eventually stopped just short of the counter! What a mess and I don't think I could have done it if I had tried! DW and I just sat in traffic and laughed because it was so amazing! Really glad to be home in one piece today!

Edited to add: found a brief news item about the car in Wendy's, the driver had only "minor" injuries. Also the picture confirms what I saw that the car had very little damage for driving through a wall!

QOTD: I've had alot of pain with my surgeries lately but it has gone away pretty quickly fortunately. My tightened ab muscles feel somewhat like doing WAY too many crunches and planks and not being able to move sometimes. Thankfully not all the time. I think tooth aches hurt worse though just because it is in your head.

Menu:

B1: coffee, vanilla Premier Protein shake

B2: ham, hard boiled egg

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, blueberries, cashews

Lunch: TJ's chicken sausages and more sauerkraut

Snack: turkey breast, apple, almonds

Dinner: hamburger without bun

Exercise: 2 short walks in the lovely outside!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Queen JB
on 6/6/18 3:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yikes that was an eventful trip to work! I think you should have DW take an UBER home and stay out of that madness, haha! Glad you are both safe :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Just4me7
on 6/6/18 4:27 am

Never a dull drive, huh? Lol.

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

Partlypollyanna
on 6/6/18 5:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That is way too much excitement for the morning!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

karenp8
on 6/6/18 5:21 am - Brighton, IL

What a way to start the day! Hubby used to drive 50 minutes in St Louis traffic twice a day and since he's retired he does not miss it.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 766 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 273 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 25 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?