What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 6/11/18 2:32 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Gooooood Morning! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was fantastic :) It was so nice to have a few days off. We totally relaxed for most of the day on Saturday (many naps were taken!****il I left to meet up with a friend to go to dinner and see Depeche Mode (great show!).

And Sunday was our own Grim Traveller's Birthday! One if his presents was a big box of MEAT shipped from Katz's deli, so we had real NY deli pastrami for lunch. Yum! Then we went to a friend's house to celebrate with a cookout.

Back to the realities of floor laying today, today though. And since were are at the finishing stage, we are actually sleeping at my mom's house tonight so we can wake up in the middle of the night to put on more shellack. I'm really praying that the whole project will be wrapped up tomorrow and we can salvage our week. I am hoping we can take a quick day trip to Maine or something later this week. We need some fun adventures!

Accountability: I had a tiny sliver of birthday cake yesterday but otherwise good.

QOTD: What was the best job you ever had? My first job out of college was working for the Children's Museum in Boston. I was a low level employee so I was interacting with the public and playing with the kiddos and their families all day. I loved it! If it didn't pay $10/hour I'd still probably be doing it!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

pinyee
on 6/11/18 3:20 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Morning friends.. Monday of a crazy week. My boss is on vacation so that's a bonus. The weekend was beautiful and I will take it. Today the commissioner of insurance and banking for the state of Vermont is coming into my office and I have been asked to represent my department since my boss is out and one of my co-workers is pissed that I was asked and not her. I could have and answer for her as to why but it would not be politically correct.

QOTD: I would have to say the mini golf course and driving range. I loved the family I worked for and it was so much fun.

Food for the day:

B: hard boiled egg white and slice of breakfast ham

L: chicken salad

d: ham and cheese

Have a great day all!!!

Partlypollyanna
on 6/11/18 4:48 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good luck with your preso! Do you get nervous? I don't actually get nervous presenting, public speaking is not an issue for me, but I HATE having to speak to slides.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Just4me7
on 6/11/18 3:29 am

Good morning backatcha, sunshine! Weekend was so so. Went to grocery store Friday and it wiped me out. Yesterday, I got to church and had to leave after Sunday school. So tired, could barely keep my head up.even though I'm getting at least 80 oz of fluid and typically more, I think I might have been a bit dehydrated , so I'm stepping up th count today. I've only got 2 weeks left to get it together b4 I have to report back to work.

QOTD my best job was working with my husband (though technically I still had my own full time job). DH has since retired, but I enjoyed doing office work for him cuz we got to spend more time together.

Yesterday cal 611, prot 83, carbs 24, fat 18. Today B 1st tea with half and half then egg and Canadian bacon. L Greek plain yogurt and deli turkey breast. D garlic hummus and salmon. Snacks premier shake, unsweetened applesauce and light string cheese.

Have a great one!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

Partlypollyanna
on 6/11/18 4:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The tiredness will hit you randomly, it's good that you are paying attention and resting when you need to!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Librarian67
on 6/11/18 4:01 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning menu folks! It's a rainy, cool day here and I really want to crawl back into bed and nap for a while. Oh well, I was up early and drove DW to work and now I'm working from home.

I see the PS again this afternoon and hope that he will give me the final release to return to the office. Not sure whether I can do full days with the added commute on either end, but it is another step in recovery. Also hoping that I will be released to walk more although swimming is still maybe a month away.

JB, I am so jealous of your package from Katz's. We have a friend who orders hot dogs and other meat from Katz's and sometimes shares a few. They are SOOO good. Also good luck finishing the floors. I'm sure that it is beautiful!

QOTD: Not sure if it was my favorite but certainly one of my faves was my graduate assistantship in Library School at the university agriculture library. I loved the people I worked with and almost all of the professors and students were really nice and great to work with. I miss them very much even many years later and appreciate the two years of learning and hard work that I did there.

Menu:

B1: coffee, vanilla Premier Protein

B2: ham, hard boiled egg

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, blueberries, almonds

Lunch: chicken breast, baby carrots

Snack: jerky, apple

Dinner: shrimp or roast beef

Exercise: hopefully a good walk

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

sk8rt
on 6/11/18 4:18 am

Good evening! I miss these threads a lot due to falling asleep:-)

QOTD: It is probably a tie between the 28 years I spent as a skating coach (figure, power/speed, and hockey) or my current job as a longarm quilter! I did spend several years working as a pastry chef for Walt Disney World, fun but stressful.

Two weeks out from surgery and things are starting to really heal up nicely!

I get to start purée foods in the next couple of days, that'll be interesting.

I was a pretty good camper today but have some extra carbs due to needing to drink a "kiwi crushie". They are kiwi purée mixed with berry or mango and contain xylitol, so hopefully it will work its magic and things will move along... Kiwi fruit has a natural laxative effect and my favourite are the gold ones. They have a more honeyed flavour than the green ones. The doc recommended trying this first as it is slightly more gentle. The next move is Benefibre...

My morning started with yoghurt with half teaspoon of PB2, half cup of decaf coffee, and protein water. Lunch was a little yoghurt and chicken soup and more water. Dinner was more chicken soup, the crushie, and more protein water.

Managed 2 litres of fluid today! A first for me since surgery.

Got all my vitamins and medication in on schedule.

Winter has really set in here and it is really getting cold for here. Nothing compared to the winters in Boston or Maine though!!!

Have a wonderful Monday!

Cheers,

mathea

Have fun,

mathea

Height: 180 cm

HW: 131kg SW: 114.4 kg CW: 77.6kg

Queen JB
on 6/11/18 12:24 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I had a chocolate eclair at Disney World that I still talk about sometimes... It rivaled anything I had in Paris!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/11/18 4:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning from Aruba! My weekend was good getting here and relaxing, though DH is having a tough time adjusting. We've booked a dinner at a small reservations only place for tomorrow and a sailing cruise/dinner later in the week. Renting kayaks is also in the plan at some point.

Accountability: Not bad for being on vacation. I swapped my snack for my lunch which worked out pretty well so that I could wait for a later dinner where I had a reasonable portion of grouper.

QOTD: My best job was one of my roles at the company I just retired from. I was managing a department responsible for developing and supporting software for company clients. We were an energized group and had a lot of autonomy until they put a chauvinistic manager in charge of a group of related departments. He moved the department 75 miles north so he wouldn't have to move. Everyone ultimately quit or found other jobs, including me.

2 Years, 2 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 18 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Either tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese OR Emiepie egg salad

D: ?

S: Nut thins and hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 6/11/18 4:46 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Sorry that DH is having a hard time adjusting to Aruba. I hope that with the coming days that he is able settle in and have a good time!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 495 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 352 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views
Recent Topics