What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 6/12/18 3:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning, friends! I am running a little late with the post because we had a super late night last night. Sanding the new hardwood floors took all day and it was a lot harder than I though. I have dust in places that I cannot even mention, plus I kept getting it in my eyes so it hurts to blink today. Then we went to the movies for a break to see Solo. It was cute (sorry, I'm not a serious Star Wars fan, and hope that "cute" didn't offend anyone, lol!). When we came back at 10pm, we had to put the first few rounds of finish on. A few more rounds today and we are DONE with this project forever!

QOTD: Are you crankier when you are hungry or tired? I am actually okay when I am hungry but I am UGLY when I am tired. I may have said some things last night...

Accountability: I have no idea. I mean, we were so busy that I barely ate anything, but the things I did eat were not great, including movie theater popcorn. I haven't even gone back into MFP to update, yet.

I don't even think I am going to bother creating a menu today. I have a feeling that since I can't walk on the floors I will not be able to have the access to the kitchen when I want it, so it would all be a fantasy, anyway. I am really looking forward to getting back to a real routine!

P.S. I forgot yo tell you guys that I finally got the REAL offer letter for my old job back. It even included a raise, hahaha. I am leaning towards taking it, with the likelihood that it will turn into a principal position in July if there is an opening. I need to spend some time today really weighing the pros and cons and giving a decision!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

sk8rt
on 6/12/18 4:07 am

Good morning to you all!

Ugh, I can appreciate the floor situation. We bought a house 2 weeks before my surgery (maybe not the best plan ever) and we have someone ripping up all the old carpet and refinishing the rimu wood floors.

I watched my parents do what you and Grim just did and thought: nope! Fortunately a good friend of ours found a few builder types to help us out since I physically cannot do my usual. I refurbished 3 houses in Maine before we moved to NZ. Two over 100 years old and they required a sweet ton of elbow grease! The house we just purchased is from the 1950's. It is the youngest house we've ever purchased.

good luck on the job front JB!

I am feeling fortunate the kiwi crushie did its job... Feeling oh so much better:-)

I got to start purée today and it is really different. I get so full so easily and stay full! It is a nice sensation. I have the food the doc would prefer us to consume on the way. But it gets delivered tomorrow. So this morning was a cup of plain high protein yoghurt, ½ cup decaf coffee, and protein water. Lunch was refried beans (hubby's leftovers from homemade nacho salad), more protein water, dinner was a modified ricotta bake... Still not getting in as much water as I would like. I need to be more creative with my fluids. 1.5 litres is ok, I just think a little more would be a good thing. Vitamins on track.

have a fabulous Tuesday!

Have fun,

mathea

Height: 180 cm

HW: 131kg SW: 114.4 kg CW: 77.6kg

Partlypollyanna
on 6/12/18 4:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Just curious, what foods did your doctor recommend?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

sk8rt
on 6/12/18 12:49 pm

We have a company called Pure Foods that does medical grade purée foods and they have a bariatric/protein pack. So I snagged a package of those and they are generally pretty tasty:-)

Have fun,

mathea

Height: 180 cm

HW: 131kg SW: 114.4 kg CW: 77.6kg

supershopper
on 6/12/18 4:26 am, edited 6/11/18 9:57 pm

congrats on the almost job then lol

yesterday i planned on yoga t a5 pm, then it decided to downpour at 3-4 so really didn't feel like driving in blinding rain. instead I cooked salmon and cheese grits for dH and had shiritaki noodles and riced broc for mine. then we worked on building the shower pan up for the tile shower. We put down almost a full bag of the mortar and then today will fit the liner over it then attach liner.

weight staying the same- no change. been adding fats and that has helped tremendously with food cravings and 'binge' like actions.

today will be gym and going by the pharmacy to get the dogs pain meds. Itty is doing pretty well though looks like he messed up his little food when the copperhead got him. Uma is still having mobility problems and Lucy is still randomly falling over (think she has a neurological issue). Og and zooey woke me up this morning by peeing on the bed? sheesh- so hopefully that all can be cleaned. I think she may have a urinary infection.

QOTD: im not nice whenI'm tired. let me sleep or deal with wrath.

food for today:

coffee with added miralax

water

coffee

leftover salmon/broc

dinner is TBD

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Librarian67
on 6/12/18 4:27 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Thanks for the update on Itty Bitty!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Emiepie
on 6/12/18 6:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Your fur-babies are keeping you busy. Glad Itty Bitty is on the mend.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kakesie
on 6/12/18 11:08 am
RNY on 02/19/16

I'm glad Itty Bitty is still hanging in there. Sorry your other babies are having issues, too. And vet bills are SO expensive, too.

cc583
on 6/12/18 2:52 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Glad to hear Itty is doing well!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Librarian67
on 6/12/18 4:26 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning all! Congrats JB on the progress on the floor and the job offer! That is such good news!

Today is my first day back in the office since PS and I plan to make it a half day. I had hoped to do half days all week, but I just found out that I have an interview for a new job at 3:30 tomorrow and it will be at least an hour. No leaving early after all at least tomorrow. I am kinda nervous about the interview but I found out that the questions are exactly the same questions that I had to answer on the application, so nothing really new. I'll spend some time reviewing the questions this evening to refresh my brain.

Yesterday I had another appointment with the PS and got released to come back to work with some restrictions on lifting and walking. They had to aspirate the some fluid from my abdomen, which hurt, but it wasn't much, so that's good!

QOTD: I am definitely crankier when I am hungry and tired. I try to be proactive most of the time, but sometimes by dinner at the end of the day, I just feel miserable. That's when I eat dinner alone in my office until I can adjust my attitude (time out!).

Menu:

B1: coffee, vanilla Premier Protein shake

B2: scrambled egg, chicken breast

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, apple, almonds

Lunch: fish, salad

Snack: turkey breast, blueberries

Dinner: shrimp

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 496 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 353 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?