After effects

Lassally
on 8/14/18 9:27 am

I am aware of and understand the emotional effects of gastric bypass surgery. Something that I'm thinking about now (and this may not be an appropriate topic) is the spiritual affect in general of gastric bypass surgery. I'm not talking about any believe system in particular, just general thoughts. Has anyone else had any thoughts about this and care to comment? Please let me know if this is not an appropriate topic. Unfortunately I am not comfortable talking about this with my pastor!

Grim_Traveller
on 8/14/18 10:23 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm not really sure what the spiritual effects could be. Please elaborate.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Lassally
on 8/14/18 10:41 am

I'm just wanting to make sure that I've covered all my bases as I go into the surgery. Thanks for responding!

selhard
on 8/14/18 10:29 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I may not understand your concerns but here are my friendly-meant thoughts and comments: 1) if altering my body for the last ditch effort of improving physical health, mental health, family relationships, and overall quality of life, then I am thankful for every bit of medical technology available at the caring hands of medical staff 2) choosing WLS has helped extend my years on this earth and also prepared me for death at the same time. I find comfort in thinking I have a greater chance to die in peace 3) I did not discuss with a pastor my gallbladder removal, dental crowns, or any other medical procedure wondering why WLS would be any different 4) I have no surgery regrets as I forge ahead with fellow WLSers. I stumble like a hopeless sinner but plan to never give up.

Lassally
on 8/14/18 10:40 am

Thank you for responding and I appreciate your comments. I just don't want to leave any stones unturned as a venture into getting an RNY. I think your four points pretty much cinches the decision for me! Thanks again

hollykim
on 8/14/18 12:58 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 14, 2018 at 4:27 PM Pacific Time, Lassally wrote:

I am aware of and understand the emotional effects of gastric bypass surgery. Something that I'm thinking about now (and this may not be an appropriate topic) is the spiritual affect in general of gastric bypass surgery. I'm not talking about any believe system in particular, just general thoughts. Has anyone else had any thoughts about this and care to comment? Please let me know if this is not an appropriate topic. Unfortunately I am not comfortable talking about this with my pastor!

God has given us every medical procedure to use to improve our health and our lives.

You don't need a pastor to tell you that. Jesus speaks directly to your heart.

Lassally
on 8/14/18 3:45 pm

Thank you

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 417 views