What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

Writergurl08
on 10/21/18 5:23 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning, all!

Our campfire at the pumpkin patch yesterday was fun, the weather was crisp, but a lot of people bailed last minute, leaving us with a ton of leftover food we won't eat. We ended up divvying it up with family and a couple friends to take home. We don't need a case of chips or Capri-Sun juice packs :P I still have a box and a half of Hershey bars and 3 bags of marshmallows that I thought I'd hang on to for holiday baking. Does anyone know if Hershey bars will make good melting/dipping chocolate? I don't like Hershey bars or marshmallows unless they are specifically in a s'more, so they're safe enough in the house I think.

Qotd: What do you keep on your nightstand? I have a dish for my wedding ring (that hasn't fit since month 2), a water bottle, my most recent book, and my phone/charger. My "nightstand" is actually a floor lamp with shelves, so a reading light is included :)

Yesterday, I only had a few bites of a s'more as opposed to the whole one I planned. It was just too cloyingly sweet after 10 days of AMAW.

breakfast: date with DH and my cousin before we go help her paint an accent wall in her new apartment and help her unpack and settle some. I'll likely order an omelette

lunch: up in the air. The other half of the omelette I reckon, if I box it up and take it to her fridge lol

dinner: I'm considering beans and weenies (not an ace choice I know). We have a million hotdogs that we don't have room for, even though we have many away. I'm not a huge hotdog aficionado, anyone have any better ideas?

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 10/21/18 5:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

We ended going to see "The Wife" yesterday at our second-run cheap theatre - we really liked it. Other than that, didn't really do much - but I needed a day like that! Today I'm meeting some friends for brunch at 11:00, then I'm off to Chicago. Really looking forward to that!!

QOTD: I'm next to my nightstand right now! There's a lamp, a clock radio, a regular radio, a couple of coasters, my phone, some pens, a heated cat bed (for my arthritic kitty), and a stack of books.

3 years 4 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1/2 mango

MS: coffee with half & half

L (actually brunch): probably a breakfast sandwich

AS: protein shake

D: I'll be at the Middle Eastern restaurant up the street from my hotel. Likely chicken kabobs and hummus

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 10/21/18 6:38 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Hope your trip to Chicago and appointment go well!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

pinyee
on 10/21/18 6:05 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Good morning.... Today my oldest niece Jiy-Taylor turns 4! Does not seem possible but the little spit fire is 4. Friday night I brought her the 4 dozen balloons a dozen for each year and then this afternoon we will go celebrate with presents and lunch. Then it is home to get ready for the week.

QOTD: I have the TV remote, a pair of eyeglass cheaters, a landline phone, and a lamp. I used to have books and read in bed but I found that if I got to involved in I would stay up all night reading so I try not to read but then again I really do not have time to read a book..

Food for the day:

B: yogurt

L: Not sure... birthday party.

D: Started a beef stew

I posted some pictures of the birthday girl and one me with all the balloons. My niece goes Aunt Penny are those for me! You must love me a lot.... Boy that little girl and her sister have no idea just how much their Uncle and I love them...

Writergurl08
on 10/21/18 6:27 am
RNY on 02/15/18

You could have floated away with all those balloons!

i hear you about the reading, sometimes it's a struggle for me to put the book down. I've found sometimes I prefer to turn off the lights and put my audible app on with a sleep timer instead of reading a physical book. I'll put it in for 15 mins and when it's done, so am I, but often enough, I'm asleep before it's done and have to back up the next day to find my place.

Librarian67
on 10/21/18 6:40 am
RNY on 02/28/17

The balloons are wonderful! So glad Auntie Penny can be a great part of their lives!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

LuckyLoser
on 10/22/18 1:57 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

I love the picture of your niece chugging a gallon of milk. (We know if she's chugging, she didn't have a RNY! )

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Maddymoe2
on 10/21/18 6:33 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Cassie,

Can you by chance hand the candy bars out for Halloween or take them to work and put them out? No idea on the hotdogs. The only thing I can think of is chili dogs. I am not a fan of hotdogs either.

Writergurl08
on 10/21/18 7:31 am
RNY on 02/15/18

We don't get much for trick or treaters in our neighborhood, but taking them to work is always an option. I do plan on doing some holiday gift-baking, so I was hoping I could use them in some capacity for that.

LuckyLoser
on 10/22/18 2:06 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hi Writergurl: I had trouble getting my message in the correct place.

If you still have too much food that you don't know what to do with, you may consider donating it to a soup kitchen, if you have one nearby. I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Just a thought . . .

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views