Recent Posts

catwoman7
on 2/8/24 6:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

Mornin' All!

we agreed that we want to be done with MIL's apt by the end of the weekend, which I think is very do-able. The movers come a week from tomorrow to move the furniture we want over to our house, and that will be that. Hoo-ray! Meanwhile, more bureaucracy. We've already been to the post office twice to try to get her mail delivered to our house instead of her apt. We've shown them the death certificate, the part of the will that lists DH as the executor of her estate, and filled out the proper form. So yesterday she gets a letter from the PO that came to our house (yay - at least that part worked!). But it said she will have to come to the post office with a government-issued ID to prove her identity before they release her mail. WTF? So we will go back there again tomorrow (when DH is off work) armed with the death certificate (again), the will (again), her driver's license, her expired passport, and the urn containing her ashes, since she's supposed to show up in person. We should probably take the paperwork from the crematory, too, to prove to them that they're her ashes there in the urn. What's with the damn PO lately? I blame DeJoy. This is needlessly bureaucratic and frustrating!

in other news, I went to a store yesterday that sells used office furniture because we gave MIL's office chair to a friend back at the beginning of all this because we didn't think at that time we'd keep any of her furniture - that we'd just sell it. It was a very nice, three-year-old Steelcase chair. Well since then, we decided to keep some of the furniture since it's newer and very nice, and we knew we'd only get pennies on the dollar for it. This would include that desk. So I needed to get another chair because it would be very rude to ask my friend to have the one we gave her back. I didn't want anything expensive since the desk will go in the basement family room (we have another "office" on the main level), so I've been looking for good, used office chairs. I noticed on FB Marketplace two days ago that this store the next town over had an enormous inventory come in of Steelcase Cobi's that they were selling for $49. $49! Those retail for around $600-700 - and about $200 if used. So I went over there yesterday to test them out. Found a couple that were in barely-used condition and bought one. I'm so happy with my purchase!!!

QOTD: no. I have less than zero interest in the Super Bowl. It's a great time to go to the grocery store..

coffee with half & half

it's almost 9:00 and I'm not hungry at all, so I may just have a protein shake this morning (it's a great way of controlling my overall daily calories, too...I'll wait until lunch to actually eat anything)

piece of yogurt cheesecake pie

Ratio yogurt with raspberries, "safe" popcorn if I want something else

either hot & sour or celeriac soup, Danish rye bread

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 2/8/24 5:28 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy infant Friday,

This site is frustrating sometimes. I wrote out a long post, submitted it, and it got stuck in 'processing' just to time out and erase my entry.

Commuting to a job in the downtown loop is something I can live without ever again. We currently have this transit quirk called ghost buses. It's where the live time transit tracker says a bus will be arriving in 3 minutes and then never shows. The app can't consider a reduced fleet so just populates the scheduled buses regardless if they are running. The app developers must have had a sweetheart deal or a rock bottom bid.

QOTD- I'll watch the Superbowl from the comfort of my own home or at a friend's. My annual Superbowl parties ceased years ago. I probably won't even watch the whole thing.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Creme Brulee yogurt, tangerine.

L: rotisserie chicken and BBQ sauce.

D: BBQ gumbo, smoked baked beans, salad.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Emiepie
on 2/8/24 5:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Have fun on your day trip on this Friday-Eve. Nothing too crazy going on for me today, a few calls and plugging away on projects and reviewing resumes.

QOTD: We might have it on in between other things just to catch halftime and commercials but we don't typically watch the actual game.

TSS: 9 years 5 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Good Spoon cereal, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Turkey burger, keto hamburger bun, thin sliced Swiss cheese, 1/2 wholly guacamole serving, green beans, banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1407 Protein:117 Carbs:139 Fat:54

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 2/8/24 5:21 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I've never taken the train or public transit to work, but no big city traffic here. We are more of a ride share/van pool type area. Best of luck finding your way! I had another good day - busy as hell, but good. After work I went into the grocery store all blissful and innocent. I came out to a torrential sideways downpour like you see on the Florida hurricane news reports with the wind, the useless umbrella and you see the rain come down in sheets. I've never been so drenched, like someone was tossing buckets at me as I unloaded my cart. Wouldn't you know it, once I got in the car it stopped. Today we have a birthday lunch. I love that it's not a potluck, it's breakroom affair w/take out options, but you can bring your own lunch which I'm doing - nice.

QOTD - Of Course!! It's the whole package - the pregame show build ups, commercials, half time, food and the game... It's an event. The kids and my sister/bil, brother/sil are coming over. Monday is a holiday this year, finally a day off after the Super bowl! Though I'm not drinking so I guess it's not a big deal, just very nice.

Accountability - great, 184.4 today. I scored 68 minutes w/under desk elliptical yesterday. It's easier in the morning - as the day gets on it's harder to focus and peddle, lol. This morning I did a good stretch sesh my low back that has been giving me grieff. That felt good, more later.

b- coffee x 3, ham and cheese roll ups

l - chicken Caesar salad

d- taco salad

s - mixed melon

832/82

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Greateight
on 2/8/24 5:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

QJB, I am in kind of a similar situation where our office is about 2 miles from the train station. In theory, it would make a nice walk on Spring days when it is neither too cool nor too hot. But, even then it's a long walk, time wise, on top of an already long commute and if I get in the office after 9:30 my office reservation is cancelled. And panhandlers. We have a shuttle service, which is free for 2024, so I try to take that. But if i'm running late, sometimes i just hop in a taxi and live with the extra cost.

The taxi ride is about $10. It's amazing how the technology for using credit cards in taxis improved once Uber came along. All of sudden those little machines in the taxis started working. I always take the shuttle service from the office to the train station because even if I'm waiting, the wait is inside the shuttle bus.

Last night, Marilyn was able to finish the pot roast that I had been nibbling away at. One plate of dinner and then a second helping and it was gone. Sometimes, I start thinking that I can eat a lot and then I go to a restaurant or something like this and I realize that I have just gotten used to my small plates and limited serving sizes.

I'm still not feeling 100% today. I am going into the office, but will probably skip the gym tonight and tomorrow, and just start back at it on Monday.

QOTD: I've probably already talked too much about this, but although we are going to Las Vegas this weekend, we won't actually watch the game because of our flight back to Chicago. If we have time, we might go to the Fan Experience or a rally or something. And we will probably make some sort of wager on the game (which we wont be around to collect if we win).

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: Catered

Dinner: it wont be Pot Roast for the first time since Friday.

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Melody P.
on 2/8/24 3:17 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all. Good luck today QJB and hope you and Grim have a good time figuring it out.

Still fighting with this cold or whatever it is I have. I know it's not Covid and I was exposed to the flu last Friday by way of my niece Rachel. It's at the point of just being damned annoying. I really don't think it was the flu(besides I know the flu shot isn't always protective against all strains and I didn't feel THAT sick). When I had my test nerve block all the staff had the sniffle. I'm hoping a big cough stays at bay.

Some good news on the birthday front...they are calling for a snow event . I had wished for this. It means I get to spend the day peacefully. The party will likely be the next weekend because the nieces and nephew already have talked about wanting to make sure I had a party. I think mainly they want dessert lol.

QOTD: not likely.

B: eggs, 4 crackers, cheese and coffee x 2

L: ????

D: shrimp spring rolls

pic from last night from my front yard

Partlypollyanna
on 2/8/24 3:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay for jr. Friday. Your day sounds fun and interesting and hopefully you come up with some good options! Is there a monthly pass, it's been a long time since I used public transit but my company used to pay for an eco-pass for our bus and train lines when we were in downtown Boulder. It's been a few decades but I remember they subsidized enough that I paid like 60 a year. Maybe the school has something like that?

qotd - nope, I think I board my flight right about when it's starting but I wouldn't be watching if I was home. I usually try to find something that is really crowded and do it on Super Bowl Sunday, one year I went swimming with the manatees and it was perfect, only like 6 people.

Today is work, back to back meetings from 6 to 3, I think there is one 30 minute break, then at 330 my trainer is coming here, she asked me to switch from tomorrow to today and offered to come here instead and I jumped at that. Did I mention I need to pack? I've gone through everything in my head that I plan on wearing just need to get it all in my international size carry on which should ge fine. Ending in Tampa is the wild card, the temp there will be quite a bit higher than everyone else but they'll keep the office there....frigid.....so yay I guess. I am going to try to get on the rower before I log on too, may stress level and patience are just better when I workout in the morning.

Did anyone else read The Marsh King's Daughter? It was very good and last night when I was looking to see if I could find the last three Oscar Best Pictures I need to watch on streaming (I found one) I saw that they made a movie starring Daisy Ridley and it's on sale to rent/buy so I might check that out. I go into movies from books with the understanding that books and movies are different and low expectations so I might enjoy it. I did find one that I can stream but the last two seem to only be in theaters still (Zone of Interest and American Fiction, since we got snowed out of that last saturday). There's a few weeks before the Oscars so my "see all the best picture nominees" is in good shape. It helped that a few came out so much earlier in the year...I HATE when all the nominees were released in December.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

yogurt

turkey and cheese on sandwich thin

left over slice of pizza

Have a terrific Thursday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 2/8/24 1:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15
Topic: What's on your Thursday Menu?

^^And this one is for Emily!^^

Hello Hello! We made it to the end of the week!

Today Grim and I are going on a little adventure. We're to take the morning commuter train into Boston this morning and we're going to play around with some options for how I can get from the train to my new office. It's only 1.5 miles but it's a weird spot where there is no direct way to get there. I will have to either time it perfectly to catch a different commuter train 5 minutes after my train arrives (unlikely), take 2 different subways (ugh), or just walk it. For anyone who is thinking I should Uber it, it's a stretch of Boston where 1.5 miles could easily take 45+ minutes, so I am not even going to entertain it unless I am super desperate. Anyway, while we are downtown, I assume we can find something fun to do. My new office is right near Copley Square so there are a billion shops, restaurants and entertainment.

In related news, Jim--I feel you. When did the commuter train get so expensive? I haven't taken it since November 2019 and I was incredibly surprised to find out that it's $20 round trip now. There is a 5 ticket pass for a slight discount but the rules for using it sound a little tricky and yours was a cautionary tale so I need to look into it more carefully. Thankfully, I'll only need to go in twice a week!

QOTD: Are you planning on watching the Super Bowl this year? I am teaching a cookie class on Sunday and should be getting home right about when it starts. No parties or anything, but I could be convinced to eat a burger and look up when the commercials come on.

Accountability: Good! I guess I ate enough for the week on Tuesday and yesterday I wasn't hungry at all. I have no idea if this is a thing, but is it possible that perimenopause is related to swings in hunger? I noticed that I couldn't regulate my temperature at all last night so I wonder if my swing in hunger and temp were at all linked.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • lunch out?
  • FF refried beans, salsa & cheese
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/7/24 4:03 pm
RNY on 02/14/18
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

That sounds so much better!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 2/7/24 1:59 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Way more amazing than that they are deep fried and crunchy. One of the most favorite things I have ever eaten. I can get in less than a bite now before I get complexly sick.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 760 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 89 views
Recent Topics