Melissa M.’s Posts

Melissa M.
on 7/8/18 2:22 pm
Topic: RE: Shocking news

That is awesome news and hopefully soon I will be losing right along side of you

Melissa M

Restarting my journey to be healthy and thin

Melissa M.
on 7/1/18 4:14 pm

Sorry I've been off for so long but I've been very sick due to gastroparasis; how are you doing now with the bypass? My surgery is scheduled for July 25th

Melissa M

Melissa M.
on 7/1/18 4:11 pm

Sorry I off so long but yes I need the wls because of my several disabilities and diseases like heart (I was born with this disease) and MS which caused me to have gastroparasis which all the vomiting made my lapband slip.

Melissa M

Melissa M.
on 3/2/18 5:21 pm

Mikimi.

Thank you for the advise, I just went for an upper GI today and something wasn't right because the radiologist never laid the table back so that makes me think that I still have the gastroparesis. I will follow all the rules because I don't need anymore health issues.

thank you,

Melissa M

Melissa M.
on 3/1/18 8:27 am
Topic: RE: Head Hunger management

I learned how to eat slowly and take tiny bites. I seen my teenage niece wolf down a 1/2 lb cheeseburger in a matter of minutes; I've since taught her to eat slowly and taught her that when she felt full to stop eating and that it's okay to leave food and not finish everything on her plate.

Melissa M

Melissa M.
on 2/28/18 1:42 pm

thank you so much for your experience because I'e also been vomiting since March even water plus severe acid reflux; I contacted the surgeon I just because I am set to go on a cruise in October so I want to put in my six month set up and after the cruise I can go for my revision.

Melissa M.
on 2/28/18 1:37 pm

thank you so much, I have severe acid reflux also plus I'e been vomiting since last March so I'm going to restart my journey.

Melissa M.
on 2/28/18 1:35 pm

Thank you Didi,

thank you so much for your help I can not have the gastric sleeve because I have gastroparesis so the roux-en-y is my only other alternative besides just living without the lap band. I have MS plus having a stroke at age 3 so I don't want to be big trying to pull myself from the couch to my wheelchair.

my mother had the roux-en-y but if I have any questions about the revision I will ask.

thank you,

Melissa M

Melissa M.
on 2/27/18 9:13 pm

thank you Jen, it's been awhile since I've been on here with all of my life's changes.

Melissa M.
on 2/27/18 7:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I went to the bariatrc doctor today, I had my lap band surgery November 2007 and the doctor said it slipped so he drained my band. I'm up against a huge decision and the doctor offered me the roux-en-y bypass because I have MS which has caused gastroparesis. My question is has anyone ever had a lapband slip removed and went in for a revision of the roux-en-y?

TIA

Melissa M

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 385 views