RNY to RNY in MX Dr. E. Ortiz -Any advice?

TryingHard18
on 9/1/14 10:57 am - atlanta, GA

Hello, 

Congrats to everyone who has experienced successful revisions. 

I am considering a RNY to RNY with Dr. Elias Ortiz in Mexico.  I would like a RNY to DS, but can't afford the surgery in the states, and I can't find a HIGHLY SKILLED surgeon in MX to perform it. 

Can anyone give me any information on your experience with revision surgery from Dr. Elias Ortiz? I know he performs 85% sleeves. 

How successful would I be with a RNY to RNY revision?

Thanks for any replies. 

hollykim
on 9/4/14 5:23 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Dr. Ungson is the only highly skilled surgeon I would use for a revision,since Dr. Aceves passed away. 

Gl

TryingHard18
on 9/26/14 2:24 pm - atlanta, GA

Thanks so much. 

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/7/14 12:13 pm

Nothing good to say about a second RNY (likely ERNY) and certainly not in MX unless it's possibly with Ungson. Personally, I feel what you're doing is jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

TryingHard18
on 9/26/14 2:23 pm - atlanta, GA

Thanks for your help. Will look into Ungson.  

AngelicMythology
on 9/14/14 5:12 am - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

I'm a proximal to distal rny. My original surgery I was 285 and went down to 135. My revision was in January 2013. I was 235 lbs and am currently 140. I'm working on the last 5 lbs.  Differences this time around is I'm sensitive to dairy. In addition to my normal vitamins, I've had to add monthly b12 injections, and taking calcium and vitamin d (dry). Recently I added iron, too.  

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

Caribbean79
on 9/14/14 9:03 am - Westbury, NY

I had my original gastric bypass surgery back in 2001, at my heaviest I weighed 280 pounds. At my lowest I was down to 122 pounds wearing a size 2 & 4 dress. I have had 3 kids over the years in conjunction with poor eating habits caused me to regain 158 pounds. After numerous research, I've decided to contact my surgeon regarding revision surgery. I had my consultation a few months ago, as well as several tests performed. Thank God I was approved! The big day is tomorrow September 15, 2014 at 6:00am. My revision surgery is being preformed via endoscopy. I hope I have great success as I did the first surgery! Has anyone had the endoscopic gastric bypass revision surgery? If so, how much weight did you lose within 3 months? All your prayers are welcome.

TryingHard18
on 9/26/14 2:20 pm - atlanta, GA

Hope all went well.   When you feel up to it, please post your results. 

Praying for renewed success.

Caribbean79
on 9/26/14 7:26 pm - Westbury, NY

Hello, so all went well with my gastric bypass revision surgery on Monday September 15th. The day of surgery I weighed 213 pounds, as of 5:00am today September 27th I now weight 196 pounds! Yes you heard correctly, so far 17 pounds lost and that's without going to the gym yet. I have a follow up with my surgeon on October 2nd, therefore once I'm cleared medically I'll be able to go work out to lose more weight. However the doctor states this time around I (may) lose only 60 pounds at most. I so want to prove him wrong because 153 pounds is not where I want to be! My goal for myself is to lose at least 75 pounds making my weight 138 pounds. I can do it, I will do it. I've already gone so far as to hire a personal trainer! Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be skinny, however I do want to be healthy and comfortable within my own skin. With that being said, I hired a personal trainer to help me how to lift weights correctly so that I don't injure myself. Not only is losing the weight important, so is building muscle in order to tighten up all the saggy skin that I do have. Thanks for all your prayers for a speedy recovery! I will keep you posted as to my progress! Please feel free to do the same.

TryingHard18
on 9/28/14 12:58 pm - atlanta, GA

Hey Caribbean!

So happy for you.  I want to be like you when I grow up!

I know you will get to your goal. 

When I get revised, I will be sure to do things differently this time around too.

Im uplifting you and your journey. 

Most Active
Recent Topics