Resleeved?

karen203
on 10/28/14 10:48 am - Meriden, CT
RNY on 03/31/16

Does anyone know if you can be resleeved?

Karen

Reinvented1986
on 10/28/14 2:31 pm

Yes you can be resleeved. However many doctors may be hesitant to do it, because  the risk for leaks are far more higher than a"virgin" Vsg. 

pineview01
on 10/30/14 2:32 pm - Davison, MI

It can also depend on the size the sleeve is.  Some surgeons do a kind of placation folding in the seam and over-stitching.  Do you know how they are doing it?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MsBatt
on 10/31/14 12:32 am

In most cases, yes, you can be re-Sleeved. You should also research the possibility of adding the intestinal bypass for a complete Duodenal Switch if you've had insufficient loss or significant regain. The DS makes a dramatic, permanent change in how your body metabolizes food.

Quanita L.
on 11/1/14 4:44 pm - Adelaide, Australia
VSG on 11/12/14

Hi Karen

I am being re-sleeved in 9 days.

I have found a lot of scientific articles on it and people get re-sleeved for a lot of reasons.  Some never received enough restriction to start or the initial sleeve was not able to be made as small as possible due to medical reasons on the day.  Some people need a second sleeve after the first one has gotten to a certain point if they are very large and have reached the max potential from the first surgery.  In my case, I didn't learn to be a good post-op patient so I failed the sleeve, but have made decisions and steps to not do so this time and my surgeon has agreed to sleeve me again in the hope that the renewed restriction will be enough assistance for me - if not we will consider a mini by pass down the track.

It is quite safe (generally) if the surgeon is able to sleeve inside the original sleeve line. If however you have already learned ways to side step your sleeve (eg excessive grazing) then you will have the same issues with a second sleeve, so it may not result in additional weight loss without a significant behavioural change.

I spoke to 2 surgeons and various other medical staff in relation to this.Make the best decision you can for you

Q Re-VSG & Plicated 12Nov2014 (all kg) HW: 110 '06 & 98 '14 SW : 89 CW: 81.3 Pre-Surgery: -9 M1: -6.3 M2: -1.4  TTL: -16.7    

karen203
on 11/2/14 4:36 am - Meriden, CT
RNY on 03/31/16

Thank you everyone

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics