New to the board

AKRunner41
on 11/27/14 12:01 am

I was banded in August 2008 @ 235 lowest and maintained for almost two years @109. 2014 I nasty slip and required a re-positioning. Over the last 2 years I have gained 60 pounds from over eating because I have no restriction and I am hungry all the time. I was excepting that I was no longer going to find restriction when I was talking with my PCM who told me that we now have a bariatric surgeon at our military hospital. Insurance for military will only cover 1 weight loss surgery per life time. Anyway I saw this new Doc Tuesday and he agreed it as time for my band to come out and that a revision to a sleeve is what he recommends. So Merry Christmas to me I will have my revision on 5 January 2015 if all goes as planned. I did the first part of the physic testing and the other part next Friday. I see the nutrition person Wednesday. So things are moving right along :) I am scared because what if this doesnt work! What will my pain be? what if he gets in there and the scar issue is too bad to do the revision? My husband supports me but wishes that I would not do this because I just need to loose 30-40 pounds. He doesnt get that my body hurts with this extra weight and that without some type of restriction I EAT. My head doesnt know when to stop. But I want to loose it and keep it off. I want to not hurt and not hurt when I run. 

Hislady
on 11/27/14 5:31 am - Vancouver, WA

The sleeve works much better than the band ever will. Only 25% of banded people ever get to goal and many have serious esophageal problems from the band. So you are lucky to get it out, sometimes they do have to wait between removal of the band and doing the sleeve, it depends on how much damage there is from the band. I wish you well and hope you get this done before any damage appears.

spuddzy
on 11/30/14 2:58 am - NY

I'm having mine done dec. 12th...I also hope that theres not much scar tissue..mine slipped kle....need peace of mind...

spuddzy

Most Active
Recent Topics