Revision surgery hospital and insurance questions

stleochic
on 3/25/15 9:31 pm

Has anyone gone through the process of being approved for a revision surgery with Blue Cross Blue Shield of New England in Mass?  Any thoughts?  Were you approved? How long did it take? Also, has anyone done a revision surgery at TUFTS Medical in Boston? Any thoughts on their program? I have my first appointment with the surgical fellow in April.

Taniesa
on 3/26/15 6:35 am

When I had my RNY done I went though blue shield (different state though) and I had NO problem getting approved. This time I have Blue Shield of CA and I haven't applied yet but hoping they approve my revision.

Hislady
on 3/26/15 9:16 am - Vancouver, WA

You need to contact your own insurance because even if we have the same insurance we can have different coverage. Mine can cover bariatrics but your maybe won't because it goes by what your employer pays for and wants covered. Quite often weight loss surgery is not covered because it is very expensive for whoever is paying for the insurance. Good luck, but only they can tell you that, even the surgeon won't know for sure.

Mhunt96
on 4/1/15 12:07 pm - Huntsville, AL

stleochic  some ins will not cover weight loss surgery ...i learned if the MD codes it with a non-weight loss ICD9 that applys to ur procedure it MIGHT be considered ...good luck 

Most Active
Recent Topics