No fill

tcsmith43
on 7/2/15 2:40 pm

I started gaining weight last year. Now I am up about 30 lbs. I was told today that my band has stretched. They took the 3cm I had left out. So now what do I do for weight loss or to save my lap band. Have anyone had this done and if so what was the outcome

Hislady
on 7/2/15 3:55 pm - Vancouver, WA

I've never heard of a band that has stretched, they will slip and then take all the fill out with the hope it will fix the slip but most times it will just happen again. How long did the doc say he was leaving it empty, usually it is only for a month at most, then they start slowly refilling  it. If it slips again after this then it is most likely best to get it removed and have a revision to a different surgery. The band is the least effective of all the weight loss surgeries and is close to a 60% failure rate. Now until you start refilling your band you have to diet and all the pother things your are supposed to do when you have a band, eat protein first. then non starchy veggies, then IF still hungry a healthy carb. That's how we are supposed to eat with or without a band. That shgould keep you from gaining while empty.

tcsmith43
on 7/2/15 4:11 pm

Six to eight weeks. Going back in six. So have this happened to you.. And did you gain or maintain the weight

Hislady
on 7/4/15 11:20 pm - Vancouver, WA

No I never had a slip but I know many who have and that is pretty much standard procedure to supposedly fix a slip but you will always be more likely to slip again in future. Once you slip you will most likely slip again sometime in the future so just be aware of what this felt like so you can catch it early if it does slip again.

tcsmith43
on 7/5/15 5:35 am

Thanks so much

Most Active
Recent Topics