I am home and doing great!

Butterfli2005
on 7/23/15 2:21 pm

I had revision surgery RNY to RNY on Monday. Like Juniper I also have done fantastic. I feel really good, have been walking since the evening after surgery. I am only concerned in one area. I can still drink and (well broth or sorbet anyway) just like I did pre revision. I am not hungry, but want to graze like I did pre revision and it is taking will power to not do it! 
When I came home last night, I felt like I had not even had surgery. I KNOW the surgeon tightened up my pouch, and bypassed as much as medically possible to by pass of my intestines. But I don't think he did anything with my stoma. So I don't have the issues I had post RNY the first round, because food can still slip through no problem. This surgery focuses much more on mal-absorption than eating. I do not want to go back to where I was food wise but since the urge to snack is, at least right now, not suppressed, it is hard to face it and follow the rules. The surgeon says to not worry, I will feel that fullness once I am on food again. But it does scare me just the same.. 
I am out and walking all the time. I have a bit more of a challenge since I injured the top of my left foot- think I tore some ligaments, but have not been able to get to the dr. with all this other stuff going on. So I just dug out one of my brace boots from a broken foot in the past and put that on. It is a heck of a lot easier and less painful with it on.. but it weighs easily 5 lbs so I am walking with a limp, due to the height of it, and added weight on that side! Good workout anyway!

Felicity Q.
on 7/23/15 5:11 pm
DS on 09/28/15

Good for you, getting out there and walking even with some hurdles along the way! 

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Queen JB
on 7/24/15 8:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Congrats to my surgery twin! 

I feel even better today! How about you?

Butterfli2005
on 7/24/15 10:34 am

Doing awesome! I notice I have a bit less energy today so I am going to up 3 protein shakes and maybe add a fourth meal of a healthy liquid protein and more water. Otherwise I am healing awesome.. and feel really good! How bout you?

Most Active
Recent Topics