FINALLY approved!

losing_the_band
on 7/28/15 1:42 pm
Revision on 08/27/15

I finally got approved for revision from lap-band (my second one) to RNY!  I'm so excited.  The surgeon's coordinator doesn't want to schedule me until I have all my medical clearances done, but I really want to go ahead and get a date.  My mom is going to fly down to stay with me, and I need to request time off for surgery, so I need to know as far in advance as possible.  I'm hoping to schedule around the end of August, but of course that will depend on the surgeon's schedule. 

This whole thing has been a nightmare.  I started the process of trying to get a revision back in January, and this is the third surgeon with which I consulted.  I didn't get a great feeling from either of the surgeons, so I'm glad I kept looking, since this surgeon is supposed to be the one to go to for revisions!  I'm on my second lap-band, since the first one had to be replaced because of a severe slip.  Even so, insurance (a different one than the one I had with either band surgery) didn't want to pay for it, so I had to appeal and appeal.  We finally did a peer-to-peer appeal today, and I got approved immediately.  

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

Felicity Q.
on 7/28/15 11:22 pm
DS on 09/28/15

That is so wonderful. Congratulations! I am hoping for my own post like this soon! It's just the waiting game now, I am hoping I don't have to fight for an approval...

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Butterfli2005
on 7/31/15 8:34 pm

Ya Hoo!!! Having gotten off the insurance hamster wheel 2 weeks ago, I can totally relate to the feeing! Congratulations!

ChunkyButt
on 8/15/15 8:25 am - Dayton, OH
with

How everything going, im in the process of getting the same revision!

Most Active
Recent Topics