Dr wants to do revision gastric bypass

Flowersfun
on 10/1/15 3:33 pm - TX

I had my gastric bypass in 2011 now i need a revision because my pouch has stretch long and wide. I have humana medicare advantage and i want to know if they will cover the revision. So mad because medically i am approved, after the barium burger, egd and xray it is noted that the food is leaving my pouch in 30min. I just need some help with this or advice.

hollykim
on 10/1/15 5:46 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 1, 2015 at 3:33 PM Pacific Time, Flowersfun wrote:

I had my gastric bypass in 2011 now i need a revision because my pouch has stretch long and wide. I have humana medicare advantage and i want to know if they will cover the revision. So mad because medically i am approved, after the barium burger, egd and xray it is noted that the food is leaving my pouch in 30min. I just need some help with this or advice.

the best way to find out if it will be covered is to call the. Number onthe back of your insurance card.

we have no way of knowing.

piggyangel
on 10/9/15 6:09 pm - CO

HI,

I have humana medicare and as long as it is medically needed it will be covered. it all depends on the codes your doctor uses...good luck

shoniekay205
on 10/17/15 6:51 pm
Revision on 10/20/15 with

I had gastric bypass in 2003. My pouch has also stretched and I'm also having a revision on Tuesday. My insurance is with VIVA Medicare and I had no trouble getting approved.

TOBLESSEDTOBESTRESSED

Hotchic
on 11/9/15 8:29 pm

Revision to what?????

joandonna
on 8/6/16 10:22 pm

Did you have to meet the bmi of 40 or 35 with comorbidity? Or was just the stretched pouch all you needed?

Most Active
Recent Topics