Band to Sleeve experiences?

Kathy2852
on 1/30/16 4:15 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

Anyone gone from band to sleeve?  My surgeon says that he won't do the bypass because the tissue around the sleeve becomes thickened.  Anyone been through this revision who can tell me how the sleeve feels and works for you differently than the band?

L. 68
on 1/30/16 4:29 pm

Hi Kathy, 

Im having a revision from band to sleeve also.  So i have been on line reading asking questions ect... Im in NY but my surgeon is in NJ.  who is your doctor.

Rblain

Kathy2852
on 1/30/16 4:33 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

Hello!  I think we spoke on the revision forum.  My doctor is with Summit Medical Group in Berkeley Heights and his last name is Bell.  How did you decide on the sleeve?

L. 68
on 1/31/16 7:01 am

Hi Kathy,  

My Doctor is in Hackensack, NJ  ADVANCED LAP-Associates with Dr. Ewing.  I decided on the sleeve along with my doc when i went in for consult .  For me like i said in previous forums (i will never say never to the rny) i think the sleeve is still less risky and my weight is not very bad i NEED to lose 50 lbs  to get to my weight  that i want but i might want to go a little more (10lbs).  SO i feel that the gastric by-pass is a little to extreme for the amount of weight i want to lose.  I dont feel it is necessary to have my insides re routed and have malabsorbtion issues.  I think its everyones personal choice all procedures are just tools to help you control what you put in your mouth and i did very well with my band until the gerd came along.  Im 5'9 and weigh 230 this morning.  My ideal weight is 183 and the pic that i have posted i was 178. .

rblain

L. 68
on 1/30/16 4:51 pm

Im scheduled for my surgery March 1st ..  I cant wait  my band is still in but not filled he took all fill out 2 weeks ago the down side it is hard as hell to not overeat but the good side is i dont have to take my nexium or tums that often each week is less... that is why i am getting the revision i lost 80 lbs with band and maintained for about 7 years than the nexium and tums came in than i had to unfill refill unfill refill and couldnt get that right sweet spot to maintain than other issues occured with my back lower back problems hence not being able to excersize than all down hill from there so im at revision stage and i cannot wait.   

We can do this together are you getting a date for your revision soon?

jelaine5280
on 1/30/16 9:26 pm - Denver, CO

Yay!!! I'm glad you got a date for surgery. I just sent you a DM. I just noticed it.

Jelaine5280

Kathy2852
on 1/31/16 10:33 am - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

Congratulations and good luck with the surgery!  I will be following your posts closely!  I am 5'4", 235 lbs. (highest weight 275).  Lowest 200.  My back is so bad that I can't exercise.  If I am going to be standing so walking for more than 3 or 5 minutes I am using a walker, so exercise is difficult, although I do 45 minutes of physical therapy exercised before work every morning it doesn't burn any calories. 

I am not close to getting a surgery date.  I only saw the surgeon last week. I have to attend the orientation/support group tomorrow, I joined Weigh****chers, I have to make appointments with the psychologist and nutritionist.  Then I can make another appointment.  I am working on getting all of this done quickly.  

The spine doctor may help to pu**** along. I have already had an CT scan and x-rays for him.  I am scheduled for an MRI.  Anxious to get the results. I just don't understand why my back is worse after surgery to fix it.

Will keep in touch!

L. 68
on 2/3/16 12:15 pm

Kathy

Your saying your back hurts more after back surgery??  If that is what your saying, i can put my 2 cents in (i am not a doctor) but i think it hurts more because of the weight gain.   When i was down to 183 i was living it up heels and all than 2 years ago started gaining and thats when my back issues started to get worse.  I had back issues for over 20 years and that is another reason i must get this weight off my pain management doctor agrees so if i need a letter to support this revision i would get one (but i know i dont need one)  in the mean time im getting nerve burned,  facet injections and last week epidural  3 procedures in 2 months.   aaaarrrgggggg  i cant wait to get this weight off.

Oh by the way Kathy i made my appointment for my pre-op since i found out from the doctor that it has to be within 30 days of the surgery im all done now im even hoping i get approval by the end of this week or early next week and have my surgery before March 1 lolol  im so excited.  

Your insurance  requires you to do all those visits again for a revision or this is your first bariatric surgery??

rblain

cmcelfish
on 2/1/16 9:56 am

I am happy for you that you finally have a date best of luck

L. 68
on 2/1/16 10:40 am

Thank u cmcelfish,

How are you doing?

whats ur update?

Most Active
Recent Topics