Sleeve To RNY

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 4:02 pm

Hi! When you had your revision did you have to redo the whole program before your physician who schedule your surgery and submit your paperwork. I am hoping since I already did the program where I am getting my revision I won't have to redo everything all over again.

cajunlady1958
on 2/2/16 7:24 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I only had to redo the psych test and one nutrition class. Some doctors see you have already gone through and know about what is coming, that they will fast track you.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Hotchic
on 2/2/16 8:06 pm

Hi what  exactly do you have t o tell the Dr.to start the revision process. I had the sleeve Jan 2014.only lost 45lbs,I'm thinking about the gastric bypass.

thanks

L. 68
on 2/3/16 11:51 am

Hi HOTCHIC,

I am having a revision because of acid reflux and heartburn.  If you have the band what reasons kept you from losing more than 45 lbs.  was it acid reflux,  a slip,  does it hurt,  did it have a leak, never got to sweet spot ect ect..

My doc met with me for 15 minutes (if that) because i was complaining about the heartburn for the past 2 years and i was put on nexium and had to unfill the band to get relief.   so although i did great with it lost all the weight that i wanted and kept it off for 7 - 7 1/2 years when the burning started and i HAD to unfill the band and basically had to maintain on my own then the back issues i had got worse the weight started creeping back on.

SO VOILA i made up my mind  on NEW YEARS DAY 2016 called his office on that following Monday 4th and got my appointment for the 11th and now im waiting for Approval  Yeahhhh  Tentative date is MARCH 1 to get my sleeve...

OH BOY I just read your post again YOU HAD THE SLEEVE..  Tell him as stated above what reasons kept you from losing more than 45lbs.

Actually i would like to know to   since i am getting the sleeve.

rblain

Hotchic
on 2/3/16 12:24 pm

I have the sleeve jan2014..at a  military  treatment facility.irs a long story.at first he said I should get gastric bypass because of my Gerd..but I was stuck on the sleeve. Because two of my friends had it .but I feel like I should had gotten the RNY.I really wish I would have gotten the RNY. My Gerd has gotten worse.my bmi is at 40.I'm 5'5..thyroid. sleep apnea. Diabetes. Blood pressure. GERD..I'm at a new army base know.so I'm going to ask for a referral. 

L. 68
on 2/3/16 12:37 pm

ok im trying to put this together you want to know what to tell the doctor in order to get a revision from sleeve to RNY?  Is it the same doc that did the sleeve?  well you stated you had GERD before the sleeve right?  so if so tell him that the GERD is really bothering you and you cant live like that anymore plus your gaining weight and have other issues that can benefit from weight loss/revision.

There shouldn't be any problems it should be smooth sailing from now..

rblain

Hotchic
on 2/3/16 12:54 pm

Thank you.no it's not the same dr.I had my sleeve done in Anchorage Ak.I just got my new pcm.

So I'll get on it.

L. 68
on 2/3/16 1:09 pm

Ok  good   It wouldn't hurt to bring in your medical record from the doc that did your surgery request now you may be able to get it faxed to new doctor or whatever their protocol is.  and i would call my insurance too and ask them about revision even though its not the same doctor and what are the requirements be one step ahead at all times and it will go smoothly.

good luck keep us posted and whatever questions you have come by 

rblain

Hotchic
on 2/3/16 1:15 pm

Thank you so much.I'll keep you posted. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 3:00 pm

I was origianally advised to do RNY and was also stuck on sleeve. I REALLLY wish I had listened and went with the bypass! I lost a lot of weight but did not do as well as I could have and should have. 

Most Active
Recent Topics