Having Endoscopy with Clamp after RNY Tomorrow. Anyone Had This Done?

Kevans66
on 4/26/16 5:30 pm

Hi, I have a Lap RNY in 2009 and lost 200 lbs. over the past year I slowly began to regain then suddenly ballooned up and gained almost 150 lbs. My doctor kept thinking I was over eating and after several visits and he sees how they weight and other issues I had prior to my RNY are returning, he did a swallow test and my pouch has not changed at all. The only thing he can think of was where my pouch and intestine connect may have stretched a little so he confirmed it wasn't anything I was doing wrong. Tomorrow I am having an Endoscopy with clamp to tighten that connected area. Has anyone ever had this? How did it work for you?

hollykim
on 4/28/16 1:36 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 27, 2016 at 12:30 AM Pacific Time, Kevans66 wrote:

Hi, I have a Lap RNY in 2009 and lost 200 lbs. over the past year I slowly began to regain then suddenly ballooned up and gained almost 150 lbs. My doctor kept thinking I was over eating and after several visits and he sees how they weight and other issues I had prior to my RNY are returning, he did a swallow test and my pouch has not changed at all. The only thing he can think of was where my pouch and intestine connect may have stretched a little so he confirmed it wasn't anything I was doing wrong. Tomorrow I am having an Endoscopy with clamp to tighten that connected area. Has anyone ever had this? How did it work for you?

I think this is called a band over bypass and we haven't seen much good results from it.

Kevans66
on 4/28/16 1:50 pm

I hope I do well. My surgeon said my pouch is fine and there is nothing he could possibly do as far as a typical revision. What lead to your revision? Was your pouch stretched or something else? I'm curious what normally qualifies for a revision.

Most Active
Recent Topics