General Practioner who supports bariatric surgery in the Inland Empire

D. Scott
on 8/19/16 5:57 pm
RNY with

Ok so I had Sleeve surgery done in 2012. My surgeon was in Burbank (about 90 miles from my home one direction) My employers switched insurance shortly after my sleeve surgery so I did not have much aftercare post surgery. In hindsight I started having difficulties almost immediately (I believe I may have had a hiatial hernia) but now I am definitely having some difficulties with my pyloric valve, 3 hernias (confirmed through CT Scan) and weight gain. Id like to troubleshoot these issues with my surgeon or ideally a surgeon closer to home. My current PCP is anti weightloss surgery so he referred me to a general surgeon but despite the fact that I have already had sleeve surgery he refuses to refer me to back a bariatric surgeon to discuss my concerns as they relate to my sleeve, the pyloric valve and hernias. I was hoping to find a local doctor who is at least willing to refer me back to a bariatric surgeon to consult on my troubles, since I am HMO I can not self refer. At the bare minimum I need to switch doctors as my current primary refuses to even read me the full results of my CT scan and berates me for gaining 8lbs in 4 months (really not exagerrating this). If anyone can recommend a general practioner that wouldnt block me from consulting with a doctor experienced with sleeve to have these other concerns addressed I would really appreciate the info. 

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Most Active
Recent Topics